Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Out Of Site *but* Not Out Of Mind. ❤

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 16th, 2022

Hey hey lovely people coming across, I hope July is treating y'all well. 💛

(❤This is not a farewell thread❤)

I was a bit hesitant to make this thread, mostly because I could consider a "why" behind "some" people not being on the same page about this. And hey, that's okay, we all think and work differently, have different experiences and lessons and how we apply those learnings in our future etc, makes sense for two people not agreeing over something, or having a different perspective on the same thing. Glass half full or half empty lol.

Having said that, I'd go ahead with it anyway xD because I have my reasons in place and I for one, value them enough to give them a space.

Hopefully we have some others who'd be on my page too, or least be willing to see it the way I do. I promise it won't hurt to try. 💛

When I was new to the forums (or 7 cups in general) I remember coming across these farewell/ on hiatus threads and it really spoke something haha, it was lowkey strange crying and feeling upset about someone leaving, someone that I don't even know or would ever know. Un-freaking-believable how things work for empaths sometimes. All the empaths in the house, I gotchu! :')

Being in those threads, reading the different posts, what really stood-out for me was the "mass-tags", or simply, tags, a lot of them.

Newbie me used to think if I would ever make a post in one of these threads meant for farewell, not too hard though, just passing thoughts that would I even be umm "important" enough that someone, anyone, an apparent stranger on the internet, would want to know if I'm around or not, or care about my where-abouts and how-abouts in general, and then I used to think if I'll find any people that would want to know or be tagged in these posts, if I do eventually make one someday.

I've always been fascinated by these threads and have realised that tags in these posts hit different, it's a bittersweet feeling that someone cared enough about you to let you know or make you aware of their where-abouts, to use their 'apparent' last moments in this platform (for the timebeing) to let *you* know that you've made some impact on them and their journey so far, that they remembered you in those moments, or that they didn't want to go before that one last "glance" at you.

I love-hate getting tagged in these posts. I love it because of the above said, it feels *unexplainable* kind of good to realise that someone would think of me right before they decide to leave (for whatever time frame that is), it's nice to know that I created some sort of impact that they knew in their heart and their mind that hey hey atleast Sun would want to know and would care enough to know about me. (Sun really does care and appreciates every single of these tags, yall)

And well ofcourse, hate (it's a strong word and I typically avoid using it, but really haha I hate goodbyes of any kind xD), hate because oh my, now that you've tagged me, it's just another reminder that we've established some sort of bonding and it is really awful to imagine this place without you now. But *sigh* it be like that sometimes! :')

Okay now all of that aside. And to quench your confusion about how the title links to the content lol. Let's move ahead xD

I've been on this platform for over 2 years now, and I've met countless people here, all amazing in their own wonderful ways.

Some I meet through forums, some via personal chats, some in group chats, by working together in a project and so on. Different people and different ways to meet them and see them around, I must say, I don't forget people quite easily, and definitely not the ones that have been kind, to me or in general. Now thing is, on a platform like this, there's a plethora of kind people haha, human brain can only memorize somewhat heh? xD

Soooo the other day, I was randomly thinking about someone from here who's unfortunately not around the site anymore, and it clicked that, we should have a place to throw in these random reminders out there.

A place to not just show gratitude towards someone who once was a more connected part of your life here, but to also sort of leave a "tribute". I get this might sound too mushy and philosophical (in a way) too lol, but I kept myself in this place (again, #PerksOfBeingAnEmpath 😛) and thought to myself, that if I were to take a break or step away from this wonderful place and people for a while, somewhere I'd want to be "not-forgotten" also, and then another thought to support, how gratifying it would feel to someday come back and see that there was atleast one person that thought of me even when I wasn't really around, or that, maybe just maybe for one person even, me being out of site, didn't have to mean, me being out of their mind altogether.

Trust me when I say this xD it felt beautiful to just picture this haha. Now I'm only wondering how it must feel "actually" someday, when it does happen, because *sigh* as much we'd like to deny, we know there's a life off cups, that can go all things demanding and pull us away sometime, something I believe everyone here has experienced in their time being here (especially on a listener account) or should be willing to accept, because again, #reality is definitely a good mirror!

What I do also know, is that, I'm not alone. I'm not the only one who randomly thinks of people here when they aren't active or around, for xyz reasons. Have seen so many people mentioning how a certain someone has made their life better and how they wish they could check on them or simply thank them for it.

A simple message like "I'm thinking of you." works magic.

Hoping that we all can use this space to give a shout-out to those that randomly cross your mind, be it while coming across a forum post by them, a series they mentioned they like, remembering someone with the name "orange" when you're nomming one (it has happened lol) or someone with "moon" in their name when you're gazing at night sky etc etc there's countless opportunities for these kind souls to cross our minds. I know you know it already. 💛

Who knows, some day they may or may not come across the tag and I can bet anything on this, it would make them feel happy and *remembered*. Orrr even if not, it'll be a good surprise to yourself how much you remember someone or about them still, despite the many days/ weeks/ months/ years being passed.

Disclaimer: We do want to be mindful about the guidelines, so ofcourse no sharing any personal information or chat details, or anything that you'd know is not good for a "public" forum space, that affects your anonymity or chat confidentiality or someone else's.

thinking-of-you-fly-by-hi.gif

We'd use this space for giving a shout out, a message. Something as simple as "I'm thinking about @AwesomeHooman today, they supported me with _____ (brief topic if you're comfortable) or like they were my mentor/ they lead great discussions, they were a friendly face in rooms, they made a good forum post etc anything. Or an even simpler message-- @AmazingBeing I miss you.

Sounds good, people? 😮💛

*sending lots of love and light to everyone* and *offering hugs to those that need them*

❤ We're all real, all humans with emotions here, it's okay to miss people, feel upset about or maybe even cry. None of us are alone in #BeingHuman.

Positive, Caring, Appreciative shout-outs only. Any messages violating such are subject to be removed under forum guidelines. Refer Here if there's any confusion. 💛

sunshinegiraffe123 October 7th, 2023

@Anomalia

Thinking of you

HearingCloud July 29th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thank you for this beautiful thread and all that you've done on 7cups. Your work are always appreciated.

@finley108: Hey Finley, i miss you dearly. Though you have been on a break for nearly 3 years now and honestly i dont know if your break will come to an end, i'll never forget that you saved me that day.

I'm now a listener just like you, and i'll keep going on this journey, which you inspired me that much.

Thank you for choosing me that day.

You're dearly missed.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP August 23rd, 2022

Aw how kind, @HearingCloud, I appreciate you lots, thankyou. ❤

Lovely to read the shout-out for Finley, amazing how they supported you then and look at you giving it back, honoring their support and friendship with you by supporting so many others. Love this chain of empathy, we are unstoppable Haha. Much love to you! ❤

GloriaD August 25th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Sun, this is a beautiful idea ... 💛

Seeing all the people tagged here, even when I didn't meet many of them, makes me miss them too 🌻

Thank you so much for creating this space to remember all our friends, hoping that they come here someday to see how much we love and think of them 😊

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP September 3rd, 2022

@GloriaD

Aww I know how this one feels like hehe. Sending sunflowers and hugs. 🌻 Thankyouuu for being so kind always, Gloria, I truly hope they do someday as well. 🤗

CupidtheKingofLove September 5th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Hey Sun that's such an amazing post I'm sure you spoke for the many people who have had the same posts. You said it truly that even if our friends are not here they are still in our hearts 😊

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP September 5th, 2022

@CupidtheKingofLove

Indeediooo, Cupid, exactly like you've been too all this time. ❤

ChrimsonZebra October 17th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Omg Sunny you are soo amazing always! I love your posts, they shower with me positivity! I am listener you know! :)😇😇😇 🤍😇🌻🌻🌻

You are soo inspiring always, friend!!! Wish you best health and blissful life!! 🤍🤍🤍😇😇😇

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP October 17th, 2022

@ChrimsonZebra

Aww hehe thankyouu for the sweetest, most kindest words, Chrim, means a lot to me. ❤ Sending lots of love and hugs your way. 🤗🌻

BlueDarkAurora October 17th, 2022

@Starmedia

Some goodbyes hurt, some goodbyes are necessary but a goodbye will never mean forgetting you for me. Hope life is treating you well.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP December 29th, 2022

@BlueDarkAurora I keep Star in my dearest thoughts also! 🤗❤

BlueDarkAurora May 8th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou XD if you get multiple notifications for this one :O not my fault

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP May 8th, 2023

@BlueDarkAurora gotcha! XD

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP December 2nd, 2022

thinking-of-you-think-of-you.gif

@29Amy @ReemHelp @Anjellyna @Tranquilbear14 @Sher217 @GoldenRuleJG @crang17

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP December 29th, 2022

@jasmineishereforu @AriadneLove @richuyulin @VerseArt @StargirlTina @Rashmieee @BlueDarkAurora @Softfaith2004

Sending a telepathic "I miss you" signal lol! Hope you receive it and know someone's thinking of you! ❤

VerseArt December 29th, 2022

Awww, I miss you too @Sunisshiningandsoareyou 💕

Thank you for thinking of me and this beautiful message. This is still my most fav post here! ✨️

Take care and lots of love!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP December 30th, 2022

@VerseArt Aye ofcourse, Verseeee! You've been in my thoughts for a while now. How have you been? ❤ Hope you've been taking good care of yourself also!

Aww that's so sweet, Thankyouu, sending lots of love back! 🤗

sunshinegiraffe123 March 19th, 2023

@VerseArt

Been thinking about you lately

January 3rd, 2023

Miss you too @Sunisshiningandsoareyou!! Hope we get to co-host again at some point. ❤️

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP January 7th, 2023

@richuyulin Aww yes! Hope you've been well!❤

January 9th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou I've been alright, just busy.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP January 18th, 2023

@richuyulin That's really good to know, as always hehe, hope you're taking out time for self care! <3

February 2nd, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou 💜 thanks sun. Yeah I have been taking a break periodically.

PatienceImpatiens January 3rd, 2023

@violetwater @notyethuman @melissa2021 Miss you, friends. Lotsa hugs💕🤟🏽♥️🌹💙🌸💜🥰🍀🦁love and courage♥️🦁🌼 pat

mytwistedsoul January 6th, 2023

@ClassicalMe I hope that where ever you are - You've taken the time to hug a unicorn and kiss a rainbow. Miss you Classic ❤️ still sending you good vibes

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP January 18th, 2023

@mytwistedsoul *hugs Soul* ❤

mytwistedsoul January 18th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou *hugs Sun back* ❤️

cristlecares February 1st, 2023

@AriadneLove Just want to let you know that I miss you alottt lottt🌻💙

Hope things are all fine in there and Hope you're doing great🌻💙

Happy New year 🎊 Lots of hugssss🤗🤗🫂🫂 and Cookiesss 🍪🍪🍪🍪

hug.gif

hopebeyondpain February 24th, 2023

Very early on in my journey as a listener, I realised that as much as I wanted to be there for people when they came to me, I very often forgot important details about what they said. I started writing down these details because I wanted to remember each person's story, so I'd know what to say to comfort or encourage them.

Now, I have all of these usernames and stories, each tied to memories both bitter and sweet. I'd just like to take a moment to remember each of you, and the time we shared

@KimmKimm, I think about you often, and wonder how you're doing. You learned and grew and gave so much during your time here, and I miss hearing from you. I hope your mum is doing well, and I hope you've had the time to do the things that make you happy.

@BrokenTearss, I think about you often, and wonder if things have gotten better for you. I miss hearing from you, and I still listen to the spotify playlist you sent me. I hope you're safe, and I hope you're happier now

@JoeTamez, I hope you're doing well. I'm sending love and good vibes your way

@SiennaMae, I still remember when you first came into the chatrooms, and how you eventually came to make friends here and share your story. I'll never forget you, and how fought to have fun and enjoy the rest of your life. I hope you had fun at that christmas party we threw, and I hope you're in a happy place now. May you rest in peace

There are a dozen other people that I miss and would like to write about, but I'll stop here today. If you ever wonder if anyone out there remembers you and misses you, I hope you'll rest assured that the answer is yes. I miss many of the people I only briefly knew, and I miss many of the close friends I made. You're all close to my heart, even if you're not nearby ❤️

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP February 24th, 2023

@hopebeyondpain Awww my heart just melted! Soooo very sweet and thoughtful, hope! ❤

Thankyouuu for remembering many, and for making every impact count. ❤

You are such a special being, I'm sure so many people think of you and your kindness also. (I sure was happy to see you in forums again today, after what feels like ages~ you're remembered too~ I hope you've been well) ❤

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP February 24th, 2023

@bubbles2025 ❤ @Rashmieee ❤ @ItsMaisy ❤ @caringcreature8571 ❤ @QuietMagic ❤

digital-pratik-valentines-day.gif

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP March 8th, 2023

I hope you've been okay, @JustMeUwu ❤ Sending hugs!

sunshinegiraffe123 March 19th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Hey

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP March 19th, 2023

@sunshinegiraffe123 Hiya Allie, good to see you!💙

JustMeUwU April 10th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou I am, thank you! I had a little big break from 7 cups but now I’m back :) how are you?

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP April 10th, 2023

@JustMeUwU Glad to hear that, and welcome back. I hope the break treated you well! I'm doing alright, thankyou for asking as well!

JustMeUwU April 10th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou thank you :)

BlueRivercares March 26th, 2023

will miss you @chetan1408

dog-hug.gif

Chetan1408 March 26th, 2023

@BlueRivercares

Hello everyone... Dear my cups family... As you all are feeling sad about missing me, I am also feeling the same. I am leaving a family behind who was with me always... You all will be missed my friends... I want to just say, "All the best for the future... May god bless you all... My best wishes are always with you all." If it is in our destiny, we will meet again...

Thanks & Regards

Tagging some beautiful family people...

@Abeach02 @Aishaa97 @Alexia000 @Alvish22 @Amy @AnnaSilverberg @ASilentBunny @ASilentObserver @BlueRiverCares @brilliantTurtle89 @camus00 @CharmingFlower8111 @CommunityModAlex @CommunityModElliot @CommunityModFinn @CommunityModKay @CompoundingHappiness @confidentRabbit7311

@coolj9 @Cristlecares @DonaldDraper @DreamTouch @Dtanushree @Feelicity08 @FighterArpi @Freely1904 @Fristo @gentleemperor @GK955 @Gloriousheart23 @Grayskull22534 @heartsNcupcakes @InternalAcceptance @jasmineishereforu @Jenna @Keith22534

@koulentis @LavenderHere @Magpieworries @Marje @MelodyoftheOcean @Minervaaa @NovaGalaxy @PearlShipDown @Popsmokes @prashpal84 @richuyulin @SmilesandEars @SparkyGizmo @SparkyGizmo @StargirlTina @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @Tae22534 @TheJuggernaut @tinywhisper11 @unique73 @vroomvroom @WhimsicalWhimsy @xXReddMystic15Xx @yourbuddy30

Keith22534 March 26th, 2023

@Chetan1408

I don’t know you well but I see you spent some good years here. I am sorry to see you go. I wish you good luck for your future endeavours. Take care.