Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Course 1, Discussion 1: MBTI Personality Types

Hope December 5th, 2022

Hello Leadership Crew!

Please make sure you have introduced yourself here before taking part in the discussion!

Let me first zoom back and talk more broadly about your career and how we can help. When you become a leader on 7 Cups, we want you to find the work fulfilling. Fulfilling work means that it is:

a) work you are good at;

b) work that is interesting to you; and

c) work that solves an important problem or meets an important goal (Thiel, 2015).

The sweet spot is that blue area in the middle below.

Work Alignment Diagram

If you do work that you are good at, but not interested in, then you wont do a great job. If you do work that you are interested in, but not particularly good at, then it wont be great work. If you do work that you are good at and interested in, but it isnt helping to solve an important problem, then we wont be a good fit for you. We need alignment on all 3 things. We work very hard at the beginning of your work with us to match your inherent strengths and interests with needs we have so that we can work together to solve problems that we all care about.

You have strengths, things that you are just really good at when compared with others. Operating out of your strengths feels good, is personally fulfilling, and enables you to hit flow states. As a result, you are much more effective and productive. Operating out of weaknesses is a drain. If you have to do work that you are not good at, then you wont be as effective. Doubling down on your strengths enables you to level up much faster and it helps 7 Cups make much more progress.

The next step becomes helping you find ways to identify your strengths, gifts or natural talents. You can learn some of this through self-observation - what do you seem especially good at? Are there things that just come natural to you that are more challenging for others? My wife, for example, is really good at writing; it just comes natural to her. Im pretty good at public speaking, whereas others find it more challenging.

Another way is to ask people you trust. You can say: What do you think Im good at? Or: what do you think are my top 1-3 strengths? Things that stand out to you about me? Note: only ask people you trust because sometimes people can give you feedback in a harmful rather than helpful way especially if they are not trustworthy.

For the purposes of this course, we are going to use personality tests to help you identify your strengths. Some of these are better than others; they are more reliable and have more research behind them. Broadly, we are using them here to help you begin to map out your strengths and to help you find ways where you can naturally excel here on 7 Cups, in your personal life, and in whatever career your are in or choose further down the road.

To start:

Go to this site here and take the test: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Next, in the thread below, answer the following questions:

✒️ What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please (Example: INTJ)

✒️ What were the main things you learned about yourself?

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

❗After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! tinyurl.com/Course1Discussion2

🔉This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program, find information on it here tinyurl.com/AcademyLDP

lovingAngel2307 March 1st

@lovingAngel2307 I have learned that I must enjoy new experience 

CatHanderOutNoah March 2nd

@Hope

INTJ-T

I love coding, I also love school busses and turtles (but generally any kind of animals are cool and awesome to me)

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

@PetiteSouris - It’s amazing you want to become a leader twice! That takes incredible talent and it’s amazing you managed!

March 8th

@Hope

My personality type is esfj-a

I learned that I care about others more than I care about myself but I do care for myself like I make myself less stressed and make comfortable and do some activities that makes me happy 

Renjik8013 March 10th

@brightLynx1428

It's great to meet you! I have a feeling that you must be an amazing person who knows how to balance caring for others and taking care of yourself. It can be a challenge to manage both, especially when we face struggles and time constraints. Regardless, I wish you all the best with your course!!!

March 11th

Thankyou so much you don't know how much happy I'm rn with your words and best of luck to you too

Cynthialy June 21st

@brightLynx1428 Hi, it´s great that you learned more about yourself!  Have a nice day

Renjik8013 March 10th

INFP-T

I tend to stay at home myself and am not really into social stuff or sometimes feel annoyed when my friends ask me out. But at the same time, I would like my friends to invite me to any of their parties or events (though I tend to reject them xxx). Simply a typical and complicated INFP-T person lol

KindleMissie August 2nd

@Renjik8013

Hey Ren! It's really awesome to know about yourself. I am thrilled to know we both act alike and have some personality! I am an INFP-T too! 😃🌟

daydreammemories March 11th

@Hope

Hi : ) 

What is your personality type? 

my personality type is INTJ

that i mostly value knowledge, have a deep sense of curiosity and i like to improve myself

Mik00l April 4th

@daydreammemories this is very interesting! sounds that there are lots of good qualities about your personality type! it feels like this personality have such an eye for detail and is so smart..

daydreammemories April 4th

@Mik00l

Thank you ^^

Mik00l April 4th

✒️ What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please 
Logician (INTP-T)

I can be very adaptable, easygoing and flexible at times, and prioritize spontaneity.
I prefer few, yet deep social interactions and feel drawn to calmer environments.
I can be open-minded, focusing on hidden meanings and distant possibilities. 
I sometimes focus on objectivity, above socializing. I'm perfectionistic, but eager to improve.

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!
will do 

BearListens April 28th

@Mik00l I got the same result, so it looks like we're pretty similar in this regard :) I think it's important to be ambitious and to aim to be the best versions of ourselves, and I believe objectivity is the way to do so. Without a stable foundation on which to evaluate ourselves, we'll never achieve what we want and will rather see ourselves and the world in a flawed way. No matter what personality type you have, objectivity is huge!

BearListens April 28th

INTP-T - Logician

I learned that I value intellect, creativity and introversion which I find fairly accurate. With knowledge and objectivity come the ability to understand people, nature and the world at large for what they are. With that understanding, we can make decisions that best suit our needs and the needs of others. I value creativity and originality because when combined with intellect, we create both beautiful pieces of art and advances in society to better humanity. Concerning creativity for art, it's important to have creative minds to create something new because we'd otherwise be bored with the same stories and patterns we've grown to love. Introversion is another quality I strongly resonate with - I'm an introvert through and through. I hope to expand my capacity of interacting with others and to develop social skills as well.

KristenHR May 8th

@BearListens

The unique thing about being an introvert, is that introverts typically are better listeners because we tend to not speak up as much when in a group, such as a meeting at work or such.  Therefore, we have the ability to think about the various aspects of what is shared.  The downside is we are less likely to speak up.

I love that you identified creativity in yours.  I wouldn't have thought creativity was part of that.  I learned this today.  Thanks for sharing!

@BearListens woah that's so cool!! :)) I also learned that I might be more of an introvert haha

wishfulForest1871 June 27th

@BearListens It sounds like you've really connected with being an INTP-T (Logician). Valuing intellect, creativity, and introversion resonates deeply with you, and you see how these qualities contribute to understanding people and making decisions that benefit everyone. Your appreciation for creativity in both art and societal progress is impressive. Balancing introversion with a desire to improve social skills shows a thoughtful approach to personal growth. Keep embracing your strengths—they define your unique path forward!

KristenHR May 8th

@Hope

What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please (Example: INTJ)

INFJ

That I'm organized, introverted, and while there are many strengths, there are also challenges such as being perfectionistic or easily being hurt with critical feedback.

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

@KristenHR

Hi there fellow infj😄, so nice to run into one. Hope that you are doing well! Am proud of you for joining this program.

KristenHR May 10th

@gloomySunshine4673

Hello, hello!  Nice to meet you here.

@Hope

INFJ

I have know about this for a while now! Although i am in a phase of life where i prefer to not go off of my mbti type too much and try to truly get to know myself. But in general that i am the most thinking feeler and feeling thinker! : )

Hope4Tomorrow32 May 19th

@Hope My personality type is INFP-A & I learned I prefer deep connections over shallow ones    ✔️ Done

tuffattack May 20th

@Hope4Tomorrow32Nice to meet you! 

INFPs are some of the nicest people i’ve ever met :) 

whattospeak June 10th

@tuffattack

INFP GANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)

tuffattack May 20th

INFJ-T 

Ive already been into personality typing for a while now, but the thing that I have learned most in typology is the fact that everyone can be the same type but so different. Cognitive functions are likely to change like traits are. My introverted intuition helps me 

• Draw conclusions that may not be immediately obvious 
  • Think ahead and anticipate future events 
  • Consider the long-term implications of a decision 
  • Come up with creative solutions to problems

Ivy229 May 21st

@Hope

INFJ-T

I have taken this test a couple times in the past so I did not learn anything new per say but just was more so a confirmation of something I already knew. I guess it was interesting taking this test now when I am quite a bit older than previously and still getting the same exact personality type. 

I think this test is pretty accurate when it comes to the personality type I scored. Some of the things that resonated with me were:

Turbulent Advocates (INFJ-T) have an incredible capacity for learning and growth, but they don’t always recognize their true potential.

Turbulent Advocates are likely to question themselves more and are ordinarily more sensitive to stressors.    74% of Assertive Advocates feel like they effectively manage the stress in their life, compared to 28% of Turbulent Advocates.       “HANDLING STRESS” SURVEY

Turbulent Advocates are often fueled by their worries and concerns, and these can be used to make significant progress.

Idealistic and principled, people with the INFJ personality type (Advocates) aren’t content to coast through life – they want to stand up and make a difference. For these compassionate personalities, success doesn’t come from money or status but from seeking fulfillment, helping others, and being a force for good in the world.

@Hope I'm INTJ, and I learned that I might be more introverted by nature than I had previously thought.

whattospeak June 10th

@Hope

Personality Type: INFP-T

What were the main things you learned about yourself?

Til this day, I am a forever learner.

patientShell1003 June 18th

1- Campaigner ENFP-A

2- I am very honest and I do not always say what others want to hear.

heathermarie95 August 17th

@patientShell1003

its great to see that you are an honest person. its always great to have an honest friend like you :D

Cynthialy June 21st

@Hope I am an INFJ. I did the test for the first time a long time ago and have done it twice after that consistently showing the same results. I think the first time I got my results I felt so understood for the first time and it invited me to do self-awareness and get to know myself better. 

Ivebutterfly June 26th

@Cynthialy I have the same personality type as you it is so interesting that personality types do not really change especially as you've grown older/grown as a person. It's so interesting.

Ivebutterfly June 26th

@Hope 

INTJ-A or INFJ-A I always seem to be between those personality types with a very close result whenever I do it.

What were the main things you learned about yourself?

I don't really feel like I fit much of INTJ/INFJ traits and how they describe relationships. I do not know whether some other people might feel the same. I learnt more about my passions as I always wanted to have a focus helping people which is one of the traits. I definitely feel more understood about my weaknesses though of both which I feel like I definitely have.

wishfulForest1871 June 27th

@Hope 
✒️ What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please (Example: INTJ)

My personality type is INFP ( Mediator)

As an INFP, I've learned to value my deep-seated beliefs and authenticity. Creativity is essential to me, allowing me to express myself genuinely. I've also embraced my sensitivity to others' emotions, fostering meaningful connections. Balancing idealism with practicality remains a continuous growth area, guiding my decisions with integrity and purpose.

ThoughtLight July 1st

@wishfulForest1871 I like how reflective your response is. I can completely relate on creativity. It's one of the most vital parts of my existence. 

ThoughtLight July 1st

-What is your personality type? 

INFJ-T (Advocate)

- What were the main things you learned about yourself?

I was a little bit surprised at how strong of an introvert I am, but upon reflection it’s actually fitting. The other scores all seemed fitting.

Damonchandio July 11th

@ThoughtLight

I'm INFJ-T too, cheers bud

alllrightyyyyyy July 1st

@Hope

Enfp

Maybe didn't learn but was a good reminder and made some things clear 

excessively about the future, leading to anxiety and self-doubt, hindering decision making processes. Sounds about right at times and was a great reminder

Rosie002 July 8th

1. INTP-T

2. I like solitary activities and need time alone to recharge. Kind of a procrastinator too but I can complete my work once the deadline approaches.

Damonchandio July 11th

@Hope

INFJ- T

I learned that I rely on intuition more and I have an advocate personality type