Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Course 1, Discussion 1: MBTI Personality Types

Hope December 5th, 2022

Hello Leadership Crew!

Please make sure you have introduced yourself here before taking part in the discussion!

Let me first zoom back and talk more broadly about your career and how we can help. When you become a leader on 7 Cups, we want you to find the work fulfilling. Fulfilling work means that it is:

a) work you are good at;

b) work that is interesting to you; and

c) work that solves an important problem or meets an important goal (Thiel, 2015).

The sweet spot is that blue area in the middle below.

Work Alignment Diagram

If you do work that you are good at, but not interested in, then you wont do a great job. If you do work that you are interested in, but not particularly good at, then it wont be great work. If you do work that you are good at and interested in, but it isnt helping to solve an important problem, then we wont be a good fit for you. We need alignment on all 3 things. We work very hard at the beginning of your work with us to match your inherent strengths and interests with needs we have so that we can work together to solve problems that we all care about.

You have strengths, things that you are just really good at when compared with others. Operating out of your strengths feels good, is personally fulfilling, and enables you to hit flow states. As a result, you are much more effective and productive. Operating out of weaknesses is a drain. If you have to do work that you are not good at, then you wont be as effective. Doubling down on your strengths enables you to level up much faster and it helps 7 Cups make much more progress.

The next step becomes helping you find ways to identify your strengths, gifts or natural talents. You can learn some of this through self-observation - what do you seem especially good at? Are there things that just come natural to you that are more challenging for others? My wife, for example, is really good at writing; it just comes natural to her. Im pretty good at public speaking, whereas others find it more challenging.

Another way is to ask people you trust. You can say: What do you think Im good at? Or: what do you think are my top 1-3 strengths? Things that stand out to you about me? Note: only ask people you trust because sometimes people can give you feedback in a harmful rather than helpful way especially if they are not trustworthy.

For the purposes of this course, we are going to use personality tests to help you identify your strengths. Some of these are better than others; they are more reliable and have more research behind them. Broadly, we are using them here to help you begin to map out your strengths and to help you find ways where you can naturally excel here on 7 Cups, in your personal life, and in whatever career your are in or choose further down the road.

To start:

Go to this site here and take the test: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Next, in the thread below, answer the following questions:

✒️ What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please (Example: INTJ)

✒️ What were the main things you learned about yourself?

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

❗After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! tinyurl.com/Course1Discussion2

🔉This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program, find information on it here tinyurl.com/AcademyLDP

Grace3012 September 26th, 2023

@SilverSeastar

Awsome! You are doing great! 🤍✨

Grace3012 September 26th, 2023

@Hope

My personality type is ENFJ - T (The protagonist)

I actually learnt a lot about myself:

1. Extrovert (53%) - I genuinely considered myself as an ambivert but yeah it's good to know I'm an extrovert . Yes social gatherings help me recharge a lot & fill me with excitement and enthusiasm!
  2. Intuitive (55%) - This was something i had expected. I'm a person who always wonders about the bigger picture & what if's and everything. Always having some situation made up in my mind definitely does help me a lot
  3. Feeling (78%) - This was also something expected. I value emotions a lot. I'm sensitive and I am a great empathiser. All feelings are valid and they should be understood by everyone. So yes this is one of my major personality traits.
  4. Judging (79%) - So yes I do value planning my days ahead. Everything should be having a fixed plan for me to be able to execute it properly. Yeah it's a backdraw of my personality type since I'm a person who gets very fixed on schedule and then it feels like the whole world got disrupted if my schedule was broken . I'll work on it

In short I learnt about my whole personality, about who I am and what are my strengths and weaknesses. About how i can easily convince people but how i get very disturbed if my schedule is broken. So will definitely work on my weaknesses and strengthen my strong points!

bestBraveheart57 October 8th, 2023

@Grace3012

Hi, Grace! we have exact same personality, i am glad to noticed it.

Grace3012 November 6th, 2023

@bestBraveheart57

That's great to know keep going

ChillingRain November 6th, 2023

@Grace3012 Hey hey Grace! It's good to see you heba learned so much about yourself. Self discovery is an important and most beautiful journey. Good luck! 🖤

bestBraveheart57 October 8th, 2023

@Hope

I'm ENFJ-T

I think I took this test with INFJ results years ago, but now it has changed to ENFJ. It feels like there has been progress in my social life, because I have a new circle of quality friends. I have a strong desire to keep them as if in love.

8grim8 October 16th, 2023

@bestBraveheart57
Hello there! It is quite interesting to see how you may have changed over the course, you sound like a really nice person(:

Shannon1996 October 30th, 2023

@bestBraveheart57 that sounds like great progress! I'd love to be able to go from introverted to extraverted - something I need to work on.

8grim8 October 16th, 2023

✒️ What is your personality type? 
I am an ENTP.

Typology in itself is very interesting, it shows you your strengths and weaknesses, and just being aware of these things helps me know even more about myself.

Shannon1996 October 30th, 2023

@Hope 

According to this test, I am an Advocate

My full personality type code: INFJ-T
'Advocates are quiet visionaries, often serving as inspiring and tireless idealists.'. I learned that I am very much lead by my heart and emotions than I am by logic and my brain. In fact, I am 98% feeling and 2% thinking.
ChillingRain November 6th, 2023

@Hope

What is your personality type? 

- ISTP-A, virtuoso (I have often gotten INTP in the past.)

What were the main things you learned about yourself?
- I learned that I am much better at handling any crisis than I had previously thought, as I can remain completely calm and rational despite tremendous pressure. 
SensitiveHelper03 December 5th, 2023

@ChillingRain

I love that you're able to stay calm and handle situations under pressure, that's not something everyone can do.

WeEarth November 6th, 2023

@Hope

✒️ What is your personality type?

Protagonist = ENFJ-A

In the personality test, I received the result "Protagonist," which was surprising and interesting, as I've always considered myself an introvert. I also noticed similarities in my behavior with INTJ traits. I am a passionate, innovative, and dedicated researcher who always strives to do my best. I aspire to be organized and make efficient use of my time through effective time management.

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

All the mentors and listeners I've connected with on 7 Cups have been incredibly supportive and friendly.

ABrightBlueHeart November 10th, 2023

@WeEarth

Wow, those are really cool personality traits! Time management is something I struggle with especially, so massive respect for being good at it :')

starryCandy6123 November 7th, 2023

@Hope

ENF

That I can talk , to people , of all ages and sexes .I am very wise as , people tell me, I am love supporting people 

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

I have many different peers that i would like to thank , hope, yourbuddy30. AZULADRAGON34. i would like to thank you , for all your hard work and support

ABrightBlueHeart November 10th, 2023

ENFP

I learned how much I enjoy watching growth, and how much I love helping things of value grow. It could be people, it could be other entities, but it really warms my heart when something or someone attains the greatness it/they wanted to attain.
I learned that it's the small, fleeting moments of happiness and joy and kindness and humanity that give me hope that maybe our species isn't as doomed as it may seem at times.

Lastly, I learned how important it is for me to connect with individuals at a deeper level. It's almost a necessity for me in my close relationships. However, constantly seeking deeper levels of conversations is not always the way to go. Sometimes people just wanna chill and talk about their favorite TV show, and that's okay too, and maybe as necessary :)

Athenalu November 15th, 2023

@Hope

ENFJ

Protagonists are the most likely personality type to know how others are feeling just by looking at them.

Kristynsmama November 27th, 2023

I'm an ENFJ

I have actually done this personality test before and I didn't learn anything new about myself really.  I already know this about me.  :)

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

Going to check out some other posts to reply to now.  :)  I love interacting with others!

CaringSub November 28th, 2023

@Kristynsmama

I am so glad you are taking on this journey! You got this!

CaringSub November 28th, 2023

@Hope

INTP-A

I learned that I am a "Logician".  Hmmm....never thought of myself as that, given the compassion & empathy I exude. Yes, there are traits such as creativity, losing myself in thought, overflow with ideas without thinking through, overthinking, debates in my head. I do not believe myself to be introvert, but more omnivert. However, INTPs are considered very rare. So just like my birth date, I may be on a "cusp" between 2 different types of MBTI. :)

@ Krystynsmama -I am so glad you are taking on this journey! You got this!

Soul576 November 29th, 2023

@CaringSub

I'm so glad we have people like you on 7Cups, it's great to have such positive and inspiring people!!

Soul576 November 29th, 2023

@Hope

Defender (ISFJ-T)

I learned I was far more introverted than I first thought, but that I'm also very down to Earth. I also learned that I'm very practical and value clarity. 

Rosey16 December 1st, 2023

@Soul576

you are doing amazing keep up the good work

Rosey16 December 1st, 2023

@Hope

What is your personality type?

Logistician   ISTJ-T

What were the main things you learned about yourself?

i learned that i am mostly open mined and introverted 

CaringSub December 1st, 2023

@Rosey16

I am the same, fellow Logistician! :)

Comfortablesmile December 4th, 2023

My personality type is Mediator INFP-A

Well.... I got to know that lot about myself and is quite interesting.

SensitiveHelper03 December 5th, 2023

@Hope

INFJ Advocate

I learned that I am more introverted than extroverted and that I enjoy in more intimate one-on-one conversations than groups. I also learned that I love working in jobs where I am able to help people, that's where my purpose and passions lie. 

AwarmHEART December 16th, 2023

@SensitiveHelper03 Being an introvert is also a good personality to work on things uniquely than others. Even though I am an extrovert, I tend to work with introverts as they mostly come up with new ideas.

crypticwhisperss1 December 8th, 2023

@Hope

Greetings, Hope. I dearly appreciate your efforts in making such an intriguing discussion. Indeed, the MBTI is a deeply analytical concept that every person should have a broad understanding of. Such knowledge can help us learn about each other's personalities and identify the suitable ways to communicate. ✨

✒️ What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please (Example: INTJ)
My personality type is Debater (ENTP). 
✒️ What were the main things that you learned about yourself? 
Strengths: I've come to understand that one of my greatest strengths as an ENTP is my boundless curiosity. I've always had this insatiable thirst for knowledge and a genuine fascination with the world around me. This curiosity has enabled me to explore new ideas, challenge established norms, and seek out innovative solutions to problems.
I am also known for thinking outside the box and analyzing abstract concepts. I have an innate talent for seeing patterns and connections that others might miss, and I am not afraid to challenge myself. This way of thinking opens up a world of possibilities for me and allows me to generate extraordinary ideas. 

Weaknesses: On the flip side, I've also recognized a few weaknesses that come hand in hand with being an ENTP. For instance, my enthusiasm for exploring new ideas can sometimes lead to a lack of follow-through. I have a tendency to jump from one project to another, leaving some unfinished in my wake. It's not that I lack the ability to see things through, but rather that the allure of fresh challenges can be difficult to resist.
Additionally, my love for intellectual debate can occasionally rub people the wrong way. I have a natural inclination to challenge others' ideas and engage in spirited debates, which can sometimes come across as argumentative or confrontational. I take full accountability for it, and I am trying my hardest to recognize the impact of my words and to learn to sound more empathetic during debates. 
✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging and supportive words!
I am done! 🌸✨

~ Xaverie 

Lunaire00 December 10th, 2023

@crypticwhisperss1

It sounds like you discovered a lot about yourself through this test and exercise! I am happy to see that you have recognised both your strengths and weaknesses, and are looking for ways to continue improving both. 💜

Lunaire00 December 10th, 2023

INTP-T (Logician) 

I generally feel that people find it overwhelming to be in my presence due to the amount of random facts or information I'd like to discuss, and this is consistent with the INTP-T personality type. This also ties in with the fact that I sometimes don't "click" with a lot of people, but with the few curious souls I meet, I cherish them deeply. Overthinking and being impatient are another two qualities I resonated with in this personality trait. 

Lillom December 11th, 2023

@Lunaire00

Hiya Lunaire00!

Glad to see you gaining more insight into your thinking processes and actions! I'm sure this metacognition improvement will prove fruitful for you in the long-run in personal development! Pleasure to meet you, and I wish you the best with the program you're completing here 😎👍

MindfulJourney22 December 14th, 2023

@Lunaire00 glad to see you  joining this programme, wish u luck!

ReganL December 10th, 2023

@Hope

ISTJ-T

1) That I am more introverted then I make myself out to be or folks see me as.

2) It seems I like to observe everything and anything and I also like to think more then use my emotions. 

3) I am pretty high on the turbulent side, that is something I learned and was not fully expecting! 

ReganL January 5th

@dreamIcicle8467

I do try to be interesting!

Lillom December 11th, 2023

Adventurer (ISFP-A/ISFP-T)

1. Driven to expand knowledge of the world (Curiosity)

2. Flexibility and Adaptability Driven (Prepare for the unexpected) -> Solution: Solution: Eisenhower matrix, Scheduling nuances

3. Struggle with long-term planning due to lack of skills -> Marginal Gains, SMARTER Goals, Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly/Annual audit of goals and processes

4. Struggle with criticism due to lack of skills -> Solution: Growth mentality + Kolb's Cycle 

Reply to a peer with supporting words: 

calmstrawberry0608 December 25th, 2023

@dreamIcicle8467

that's so cool! I can totally relate to the last part

@Hope

✒️ What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please (Example: INTJ)

My personality type Protagonist (ENFJ-T)

I  m more aware of how my personality is now it is very optimistic empathetic and never giving up attitude one.n that i love helping others it does makes me feel haappy from within.

tagging- @Lunaire00

AwarmHEART December 16th, 2023

@Hope✒️ What is your personality type?

My personality type is ENTJ-T, Commander.

Major facts that I have learned myself are that I am particularly open-minded, love negotiations, and have discussions with peers.!