Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Course 1, Discussion 1: MBTI Personality Types

Hope December 5th, 2022

Hello Leadership Crew!

Please make sure you have introduced yourself here before taking part in the discussion!

Let me first zoom back and talk more broadly about your career and how we can help. When you become a leader on 7 Cups, we want you to find the work fulfilling. Fulfilling work means that it is:

a) work you are good at;

b) work that is interesting to you; and

c) work that solves an important problem or meets an important goal (Thiel, 2015).

The sweet spot is that blue area in the middle below.

Work Alignment Diagram

If you do work that you are good at, but not interested in, then you wont do a great job. If you do work that you are interested in, but not particularly good at, then it wont be great work. If you do work that you are good at and interested in, but it isnt helping to solve an important problem, then we wont be a good fit for you. We need alignment on all 3 things. We work very hard at the beginning of your work with us to match your inherent strengths and interests with needs we have so that we can work together to solve problems that we all care about.

You have strengths, things that you are just really good at when compared with others. Operating out of your strengths feels good, is personally fulfilling, and enables you to hit flow states. As a result, you are much more effective and productive. Operating out of weaknesses is a drain. If you have to do work that you are not good at, then you wont be as effective. Doubling down on your strengths enables you to level up much faster and it helps 7 Cups make much more progress.

The next step becomes helping you find ways to identify your strengths, gifts or natural talents. You can learn some of this through self-observation - what do you seem especially good at? Are there things that just come natural to you that are more challenging for others? My wife, for example, is really good at writing; it just comes natural to her. Im pretty good at public speaking, whereas others find it more challenging.

Another way is to ask people you trust. You can say: What do you think Im good at? Or: what do you think are my top 1-3 strengths? Things that stand out to you about me? Note: only ask people you trust because sometimes people can give you feedback in a harmful rather than helpful way especially if they are not trustworthy.

For the purposes of this course, we are going to use personality tests to help you identify your strengths. Some of these are better than others; they are more reliable and have more research behind them. Broadly, we are using them here to help you begin to map out your strengths and to help you find ways where you can naturally excel here on 7 Cups, in your personal life, and in whatever career your are in or choose further down the road.

To start:

Go to this site here and take the test: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Next, in the thread below, answer the following questions:

✒️ What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please (Example: INTJ)

✒️ What were the main things you learned about yourself?

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

❗After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! tinyurl.com/Course1Discussion2

🔉This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program, find information on it here tinyurl.com/AcademyLDP

SnowTabby May 16th, 2023

@Hope
I took the test for the application for LDP but decided not to go with that, even though I got the same result: I 57%, N 63%, F 52%, P 58%, - A 65%.
Mediator. It feels right, too. I am self-aware so not a lot of this I learned about myself but I will say I do feel lonely and invisible in a daily atmosphere because of my expectations of connections or/and interactions.
I would say I was surprised to see "Desperate to Please" as a weakness as I do not feel like I have that. Might be drilled so deep I no longer acknowledge it but.. that is a main thing I learned. As well as Mediators thriving is artistic beauty like writing, music, and dance. I thought those were more hobbies but I do want to make a living off of writing so I was happy to see that.

JLisjustlistening May 26th, 2023

@Hope

@Hope

✒️ What is your personality type? INFP Mediator

✒️ What were the main things you learned about yourself? There are so much that I continuously learn about myself with 16personalities' constant breakthrough in research. In the midst of new knowledge and new life stages, I understood how the core doesn't shift at least since the past few years.

AnnaSilverberg May 27th, 2023
@Hope

Everytime I have taken the test, I always get the same results, INFJ-A.

There's nothing new I learned about myself there, but I did when I took it first.
It was more just a confirmation rather than learning something.
I know that I want the absolute best for everyone around me and that hasn't changed.
I have a passion for helping people, I guess that's the INFJ in me
😊

TabbyCat97 June 3rd, 2023

@AnnaSilverberg

Heyy Anna ! ♡ You're amazing, and you truly do have a passion for helping people, it shines through in all you do :) thank you for being so fantabulous!

AnnaSilverberg June 3rd, 2023
🐱 @TabbyCat97 🐱

💕 You are so sweet Tabby tab tab 💕
💙

LiveLoveListen0808 June 2nd, 2023

@Hope

I'm an ENTP/ENTJ

I have a leadership oriented personality and slightly extroverted.

TabbyCat97 June 3rd, 2023

@Hope

ISFJ

I am more feeling that thinking :o

I am 39% extroverted and 61% introverted

I am a defender - "Defenders are very dedicated and warm protectors, always ready to defend their loved ones."

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

Okie! (:

Mahad2804 June 13th, 2023

Hey @TabbyCat97

You are so soo amazing and an absolutely wonderful listener. You are the life of TL and the day is always brighter once we've seen you. This is me supporting you with my nice words but you deserve so much more and may you always get everything you want in life.

Take care and have a nice day!

bubblySpring4368 June 3rd, 2023

@Hope

Advocate INFJ-T (it's the 3rd test I do, and it's the same result). I'm absolutely an INFJ.

Your full personality type code is INFJ-T

I have a difficult personality, my friends!

Dear next peer,
Instead of waiting for an umbrella, learn to dance in the rain!

Mahad2804 June 12th, 2023

I've taken this test at least 4 times in the past 2 years, (twice just because 7 Cups asked for it) and my result stays pretty consistent.

I am a Turbulent Virtuoso (ISTP-T).

Since I've taken it so many times, it didn't tell me anything new this time around, but the first time around, it really felt like magic. It was like it knew everything about me.

It knew I listened to my head over my heart.
It knew I liked to work with my hands and do things more hands-on than just theory.
It predicted my social life to a T.
It explained my personality perfectly.

So now, armed with all this insight about myself, I felt so much more at ease about my life that what I do and how I live is actually normal and not something I have to worry about.

So I guess it helped me with my self-esteem quite a bit.

4Jasmine February 25th

@Mahad2804

I love your insight! 

MaggieListens00 June 12th, 2023

@Hope

I have consistently got the INTJ (architect) but I thought I would do it again and it is still a match!

I think this has allowed me to understand some underlying themes in how my personality presents itself. I think the portion I read about being driven by the need for efficiency nailed it! Introversion was always something I resonated so that was no surprise however I was surprised to see how strongly I pulled towards thinking over feeling. Perhaps this is something I can think on moving forwards to bring it more into the centre and be better rounded. 😊

Jenna June 20th, 2023

@charmingEagle47

That is very interesting about efficiency! That can be a really good trait to have. I relate to introversion and can see how it can tie into being efficient. I just see that trait being a way to focus more on efficiency. I wish you well with learning how to pull things into your focus and being well-rounded.

Jenna June 20th, 2023

@Hope

What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please (Example: INTJ)

INFJ

I learned I am creative, insightful, and passionate. Which are actually true as I self-reflect. However, my weaknesses are perfectionism, reluctance to open up, and prone to burn-out. Which is not incorrect either. This helps me see that I can use both my strengths and my weaknesses to my advantage if I learn how to do so.

beck1 June 21st, 2023

@Jenna I love your answer ❤️ Something I noticed about you when I first met you in LSR was that you are very passionate and caring person - always willing to help out with any question in the room. I so respect that about you and learned a lot from you.

betty212 July 10th, 2023

@Jenna HII! I am an INFJ as well!!

Jenna July 10th, 2023

@betty212

That's great!

lovelyApple6441 August 16th, 2023

@Jenna I loved your response and as a fellow INFJ, a lot of what you said resonated with me as well :))

beck1 June 21st, 2023

What is your personality type?

INFJ-T - Advocate

What were the main things you learned about yourself?

That I am someone that will advocate for those who may not feel comfortable doing so for themselves. I am someone who thrives in leadership positions because I love helping people to the best of my ability. I love training and onboarding.

RosaHere June 22nd, 2023

@beck1 That's wonderful, Beck! You have great qualities <3

betty212 July 10th, 2023

@beck1 I am an INFJ T as well, and yes I agree with you thats how we feel

RosaHere June 22nd, 2023

@Hope ✒️ What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please (Example: INTJ)

INFP

I learned about my strengths and weaknesses. Although I was already aware of most of my strengths and weaknesses, the test strengthened my knowledge for sure. I have a creative approach to life. I'm imaginative. Moreover, I'm an introvert.

Gilbird June 29th, 2023

@Hope

My personality type according to MBTi is INFP. Through this process, I acknowledged that my true self is more dreamy and air-headed than I let on. Although I toed the line between feeling and thinking, I could definitely see myself in most of the INFP descriptions.

Rivelino3 June 30th, 2023

INTF-J

The questions I answered while going through the test helped increase my level of self awareness and brought to light certain aspects of myself which I normally wouldn't have thought of or looked into until otherwise

CharlieDont37 July 1st, 2023

@Hope

Interesting, I took this test many times and have almost always been an INFP -this time I tested as an INFJ.A - surprise, surprise - Perhaps it is the length of this version of the Test. I have taken far longer versions.

I am not who I thought or think I am??? Is that a good thing or a bad thing or an opportunity for further exploration?

betty212 July 10th, 2023

@Hope

INFJ

"Thoughtful and idealistic, these personality types strive to have a positive impact on other people and the world around them. They rarely shy away from an opportunity to do the right thing, even when doing so is far from easy."

Artalistens July 25th, 2023

@Hope

Hi everyone, here are my answers reflecting on after I completed the personality test

1. what is your personality type? My personality type is INFJ
  2. There were two things it surprised me about these results, I have always seen myself as an extroverted person, in terms of my willingness, to help others. However, it was also beneficial for me to look at things that may or may be seen as traits of introversion, such as working at my own pace. It also surprised me to get an introvert code, because I am really into public speaking. I thought that people who were assertive would be extroverts, because being assertive from my point of view would require more external energy because you have to be able to express yourself.

LightsFromDark August 28th, 2023

@Artalistens

I loved your thoughtful answer! It's fun to see how much you've learned about yourself

LoveMyMoonflowers August 28th, 2023

@LightsFromDark

Agreed!

@Artalistens

Interesting answer! 💕 I am an INFJ as well :)

pandanfe July 29th, 2023

@Hope

My MBTI is INFP-A

According to my MBTI =>Mediators are poetic, kind, and altruistic people, always eager to help a good cause.

DisLifeNot July 31st, 2023

@Hope Thank you for your post!

I am an ISFJ-T!

I learnt that my type is supportive, enthusiastic, hard working and reliable <3

warmheartedCamp3360 July 31st, 2023

@DisLifeNot

Hello there ! We're very much different except the introversion part it seems. But hey, you have great qualities!!

warmheartedCamp3360 July 31st, 2023

@Hope

1. INTP-T

2. I used to think myself as an extroverted person but seems like I'm more introverted.

Also, I got turbulent (72%). That's pretty shocking to me.

Most of the things mentioned was accurate to some extent. And also now I know, why always felt hard to express my feelings.

lovelyApple6441 August 16th, 2023

@Hope INFJ-T; I learned that I have the rarest personality type -- the Advocate, and that I value emotional responses and my own intuition :))

LOOPHOLE August 27th, 2023

@Hope

What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please

Answer:- Logician ( INTP-T)

I have an introverted but analytical personality type . The difference between INTP -A & INTP-T was slight but eye opening for me . I was able to understand my shortcomings through differentiation of INTP which will help me work on them.

@Hope

LightsFromDark August 28th, 2023

מה סוג האישיות שלך? כלול את 4 האותיות שלך בבקשה (דוגמה: INTJ)

מגן (ISFJ-T)

✒️ מה היו הדברים העיקריים שלמדת על עצמך?

The main thing I learned about myself is why I behave in a certain way, and that it is natural. I understood a lot about the axis in which I behave, and especially about the many strengths I have and why I don't pay attention to them.

What is your personality type? Include all your 4 letters please (Example: INTJ)

My personality type is INFJ-T (This surprised me a little because the last time I took this test I got ‘INFP’ :o)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I learned about both my strengths as well as my weaknesses. I am altruistic, and I crave a deep sense of purpose in life. I am also principled, insightful and creative. I think I’ve been aware of my weaknesses before, like being a perfectionist and being sensitive to criticism. As a sensitive person I also tend to absorb others’ emotions.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Thank you so much 💕 I enjoyed taking the test and answering the questions! :3

SilverSeastar September 25th, 2023

@LoveMyMoonflowers

INFJs are precious; I treasure them so much. 💙 They utilise their sensitivity and empathy to bring good to those around them, and that's valuable!

SilverSeastar September 25th, 2023

I am an INFP!

I value authenticity and individuality. I tend to lead with feelings when making decisions; I feel most at peace when choosing what feels right to me based on my complex inner value-system.