Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Remembering BrilliantTurtle89

Heather225 June 28th

It is with a heavy heart that I share the passing of our very dear @BrilliantTurtle89.

Turtle was an invaluable member of the community who embraced everyone she met with love and compassion, regardless of their background, culture, age, or length of time on the site. She treated everyone fairly and made them feel like they belonged to the community when she was around. She was a vibrant, caring, and compassionate soul who made the community a better and more caring place with her guiding presence. She taught us all how to be resilient and encouraged us to focus on finding solutions to problems instead of worrying about the problems themselves. 

She demonstrated this through her listening, mentorship, and leadership here at 7Cups. Her work in the Group Chats was phenomenal, and she had a special place in her heart for teens and put in extra effort to support them. Sadly, this community has lost a piece of itself with the passing of Turtle. 

Not only did Turtle leave a lasting impression on everyone on this site, she regularly would express how much she loved being a part of this community. From the very beginning, the warmth, support, and camaraderie she experienced uplifted her. Being surrounded by thoughtful and kind-hearted people made a profound impact on her. Each interaction, whether it’s a thoughtful discussion, a shared laugh, or a simple word of encouragement, reinforces how special this community was to her. 

As we mourn the loss of Turtle, we also celebrate her remarkable life and the legacy she leaves behind. Her compassion, generosity, and dedication will continue to inspire us all. While we grieve, let us also remember the joy and positivity Turtle brought into our lives and strive to honor her memory by following in her footsteps.

We remember Turtle in her roles: ATL, Care Team Guide, Chatroom Mentor (adults & teens), Chat Support, Community Mentor, Group Moderator, Group Support Ambassador, Group Support Mentor, Listener Coach, Quality Mentor Leader, Teen Transition Mentor, and the Verifiers Team.

Our deepest condolences go out to Turtle's family and friends during this difficult time. May we all find comfort in the beautiful memories we shared with Turtle and in knowing that her spirit will live on in the hearts of those she touched.

theboymoana June 30th

@Heather225 

no cant be true @BrilliantTurtle89 need to be here and with her family do not understand why happens my heart broken 😭😭 remember always turtle so kind me and she grow up use asI because her dad think deaf so always understand me and can tell best mom to her kids always wish my mom like her turtles kids always know how important love they are isn’t fair 😭am so sad my heart hurts just don’t understand why happen wish she come back is all big mistake better world with turtle here 😭😭😭

LabeledBPD July 1st

@Heather225

no way! RIP turtle. X

peacefulpurple08 July 1st

@Heather225

I only ever had short conversations with Turtle, usually just greeting each other, but even when greeting she radiated a certain kindness. My condolences to her family. 😔

Sending my condolences to family and friends of Brilliant Turtle89.

Antonio7Cups July 1st

@Heather225 

Oh my god, I can't read this.

I'm sorry I don't have more words, she was just wonderful.

My most sincere condolences to the family. ❤️

GoldenRuleJG July 1st

Heather thank you :( Sending strength to family, friends of turtle in this challenging time. Thank you for being a delight to everyone. Rest in Peace and Love, Turtle. 🙏🤍

GoldenRuleJG July 1st

My experience with turtle - one of the people who spoke to me with a level of patience and did not speak down to me - Even if they had to explain something a different way it was a loving gesture. I valued this a lot about turtle- nurturing quality 🤍❤️

Lou73 July 1st

@Heather225

This sad news has definitely been a shock 😢 Turtle made such an impact here and was always so kind, supportive and a brilliant leader who always did everything they could to make you feel heard and supported. 

Goodnight turtle 💔🐢

amiablePeace77 July 1st

@Heather225

May she rest in peace. She was a devoted and passionate person to help others. 

CATastrophizing July 2nd

Will miss you forever Turtle!

LittleEggHarbor July 2nd

This is devastating news. Turtle was truly an incredible person who touched so many lives with her kindness and inspiration. She had a remarkable ability to make everyone feel valued and cared for, and her generosity knew no bounds.

Turtle had a unique way of brightening even the darkest days with her compassionate heart. Her inspiring presence and unwavering support were a source of strength for all who knew her! She taught us so much about love, resilience, and the importance of caring for one another.

May BrilliantTurtle89’s spirit continue to guide us, and may we honor her memory by carrying forward the kindness and inspiration they so effortlessly shared.

RIP Turtle ❤️‍🩹

Ranaeil July 3rd

@Heather225

I am so very saddened to hear this news. Turtle was a bright light here at cups. I always enjoyed seeing Turtle in the chatrooms. I can't put into words what has already been said.

My thoughts are with her family and friends during this time.

theboymoana July 11th

@Heather225 @BrilliantTurtle89

Just miss turtle so much still can’t believe not here think all time about wish can talk again want tell about baby turtle adopt want show color pick for room want turtle remind me nahoa good and deserve love and kindness want turtle send big hugs when am sad want send biggest hugs back😭😭😭miss turtle so much hope ok wherever am hope is good place hope happy there wish can tell im sorry sometimes was grumpy thanks be nice even i was grumpy and upset sometimes thanks for be here for me thanks say you would love have kid like nahoa when i feel like no one ever love or want me 

miss so much my heart hurt turtle not here anymore wish here miss you turtle so so so so so so much wish come back love you lots and lots going miss forever 💛🐢😭💛

brilliantturtle89_1720721566.jpeg

LoveMyMoonflowers July 11th

@theboymoana *Hugs nahoa if okay* 💙 sitting with you. 

theboymoana July 11th

@LoveMyMoonflowers

hugs moon friend am just so sad☹️💛

LoveMyMoonflowers July 13th

@theboymoana *tight hugs* i know….. it hit hard for me today too. ❤️ we grieving with you nahoa friend. 

Aurelia00 July 13th

This is such a heartbreaking news . Turtle was an amazing person , she could easily light up my heart . She'll be missed.

R.I.P 🤍 @BrilliantTurtle89 

timetravelingJedi July 13th

I really don't know what to say because I'm so shocked by this terrible news. Turtle was an amazing person to talk to. She was always so sweet and kind to everyone. I guess all I can say is "Thank you Turtle 🐢. Thank you for being you. I love you and I will miss you very much. ❤"

Starduz July 16th

@Heather225 She will always be an inspiration of light, hope, and wisdom. May her memories stay with our hearts forever. 

SparkyGizmo July 29th

@Heather225

Hi H! 😊 ❤️

Thank you for the forum post, sharing with us all and I'm only so very sorry for the reason for having to do so! ❤️ Thank you for the incredibly kind words that you said in honoring Turt! ❤️ It brings me a great deal of comfort to see that you knew them in the way that I did also! 

I'm late to show up on this thread and not because I don't care it's really because I care so very much. H, as our Community Director, you don't have the luxury of waiting to process your feelings and emotions about it all. I can only imagine how hard this was for you to create this forum post, trying to see your screen while wiping away tears... processing your feelings and emotions about losing such an amazing team mate and dear friend to us all. I send you big big *hugs* ❤️ Yup! This one hurts and it hurts really bad! 

I'd like to honor Turt here today. It's the least I can do. For anyone that knew @BrilliantTurtle89 you'll understand and very well everything that I speak of and for anyone that never got the opportunity to meet them, I'm sorry that you didn't get to have the experience of seeing one of our great ones! 

Turt loved and Turt loved strong! When Turt loved you they did completely, no strings attached. For me, seeing them around here on the platform was the bright and shiny spot in my day, countless times! They gave freely of themselves. Always a kind word for another, always helpful, never complaining, but instead seeing the bright side of things. 

Over the years, getting to know one another, it was so much fun for Turt and me to do *goat yoga* together in the LSR. It was just one of our "thangs" lol 😊 To know Turt was to know how much love they had for everyone in their life and so it was fun to talk about their pets/animals.

They had a donkey too! We spoke of the little goats and often and so I found out later about Donkey and how Turt would take Donkey each year so that they could be a part of the annual Christmas play. 

I found it fabulous that they gave Donkey their moment to shine also! Donkey got their "props" at least once a year. Turt made sure of that. After learning of Donkey, I made sure to *give carrots to Donkey* too each time we spoke. 

They had many more in their life that they loved. They had a husband and they had "little Turts". They are left behind and it's something that upsets me so very much so. Turt loved their family, Turt adored their children. It saddens me and I question how it is that they are doing now. All I can do is send out messages to the universe and to pray for her family. To pray for her children. I can only imagine how very saddened and confused they are. It isn't right for children to grow up with out their mother and I know this. 

Turt had a unique set of circumstances for sure, and those of which I won't get into here except to say they were not angry, they were not bitter, they didn't blame the universe for their lot in life. Instead, they showed unconditional love! The gifts 🎁 they were given were seen as such and the universe knew exactly what it was that it was doing! Not a better person that the universe could have chosen to show that kind of love! ❤️

Again, when Turt loved, they loved alllllllllll the way! In honor of them "Do Not Love Half Lovers" by Khalil Gibran. I really like the youtube for this by Red Frost Motivation. Hoping you will too! 

*hugs*❤️ and 😇😇😇

Jewels2270 July 31st

I have a question, how did you know that they passed away?

unassumingEyes July 31st

@Jewels2270 Hey, I asked a community mod that, she said that turtle’s family reached out to them. I remember a time where she was unwell and her mom wrote out a cups forum post for her once too, so I guess her family knew who to tell. 

trueconfidant123 August 9th

@unassumingEyes

Turtle had also suffered an accident right?

unassumingEyes August 9th

@trueconfidant123 yes, i think so.

@unassumingEyes

Oh god, I remember we were talking in the LSR and she said that she was bedridden. She also had a date if I'm not wrong. And then, I never saw her. It hurts so much thinking about it.

unassumingEyes August 10th

@trueconfidant123 it does hurt :'( it hurts to just be doing whatever and just...remember. that we've lost such a wonderful soul 😔 i hope our love for her reaches her somehow, even now 💙

trueconfidant123 August 10th

@unassumingEyes

I really hope the same. 💐

VictoriaLove7 August 1st

I remember talking to Turtle 🐢 😢 & seeing them greeting people in support rooms

RIP Turtle, may your soul find peace 

Tinywhisper11 August 4th

@Heather225 god bless their family ❤ and may God rest their soul ❤

funeral-flowers.gif

MindfulJourney22 August 9th

@Heather225 it came as a shock to me we  were talking the last time she was on... i thought she was on break... may her soul rest in peace she was a brilliant soul and may the universe give her family the strength to cope with the loss🥲

@Heather225

I'm speechless right now. I only just now discovered this post. Very heartbreaking. My heart goes out to Turtle's family. You will be missed. May your soul rest in peace. 

syrupyPancake5775 August 9th

♥♥♥

TU100OT August 10th

So sorry to hear this

Condolences to Turtle and her family. 

and this is for you Turtle -  I know you are now in a better place, Turtle, fly free, rest easy, and I know you are watching us from above, protecting us, keeping us safe, and blessing us, from the spiritual world. We will miss you, and you will be in our hearts forever :) 💝😇🫂🐢

SparkyGizmo August 10th

@TU100OT

💝😇🫂🐢

Fidza August 10th

@Heather225 oh wow. I am kinda numb with this news. 😢. When I first became a listener back in 2012 thereabouts. I had a moment of lost at sea with people I discovered. I then discovered the listener chat groups. Turtle was a constant for me from then on. Always guiding me on how to interact with the different people we interact with. Turtle Thank you for all you did for me! you turned a meek Zimbabwean listener into a competent Zimbabwean Individual.  May She Rest in Power.

GreenImpulse August 10th

@Heather225

I cant put in to words how great of a person she has been to everyone and myself included, a real inspiration causing waves of positivity for way more than she realised, I'm sure.. not sure I can even think properly yet or what to say other than she is loved and missed dearly by many. :( <3