Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Course 3, Discussion 2: Accepting and Providing Feedback

FrenchToast December 5th, 2022

If you prefer a video/audio explanation, please watch this video.

Some reasons why accepting feedback is important:

• It helps us improve our craft/skills/ourselves

• We become aware of our own short comings.

• We can learn how others may perceive us.

Reasons why it can be challenging to hear constructive feedback:

• We might associate it with who we are as a whole.

• We may think the person giving it has lost respect for us.

• It can hurt our ego.

The choice is yours! Are you willing to deal with discomfort for your greater good? If so then constructive feedback is an essential tool you must utilize.

Now let's see how to give feedback!

If you prefer a video/audio explanation, please watch this video.

Steps to give useful feedback:

• Sandwich it between genuine positive feedback.

• Don’t do it too often. Remember a person can only accept so much constructive feedback before it drains them. Use it sparingly.

• Ask yourself what you are communicating is beneficial to the person or your own personal preference. Only provide feedback if it will help the person.

Let's practice giving constructive feedback.

This is the situation.

Username: CoffeePerson198

Positive traits: is punctual, responds in under 24 hours, cares about people and is empathetic.

Areas of improvement: Is not completing assigned task for 3 weeks, not communicating with you (the leader) why the task is not being completed.

✒️ You are a leader of the team and have been tasked with giving constructive feedback. Please draft a message of no less than two sentences using the sandwich method (praise + constructive feedback + praise).

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here!

🔉This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program, find information on it here tinyurl.com/AcademyLDP

TheFantasticPengua January 5th, 2023

@FrenchToastClubThis is the situation.

Positive traits: is punctual, responds in under 24 hours, cares about people and is empathetic.

Areas of improvement: Is not completing assigned task for 3 weeks, not communicating with you (the leader) why the task is not being completed.

✒️ You are a leader of the team and have been tasked with giving constructive feedback. Please draft a message of no less than two sentences using the sandwich method (praise + constructive feedback + praise).

Hello Coffee! I hope you are having a wonderful day! First of all, I want to say thank you for caring about other people and truly being supportive of them. That goes a long way and I'm proud of you for that! The next thing I'd like to bring up is the task you were given roughly three weeks ago. I wanted to ask you if there's something I should be aware of regarding the task since you haven't replied to me. If you could follow up with me, that would be lovely! Speaking about your response rate, I'm happy it's under 24 hours! Thank you so much for your work at 7 Cups and I'd love to hear from you soon!

TheFantasticPengua January 5th, 2023

@TheFantasticPengua

I'll also say hi to somebody when they come on here!

January 5th, 2023

@TheFantasticPengua

Helloooooo!

starryCandy6123 December 17th, 2023

Yes I agree with you pengua, it’s the best way to make them, feel welcome

Heartsandrosesandpaws March 20th, 2023

@TheFantasticPengua

well said feedback

ItsMrEnigma April 3rd, 2023

@TheFantasticPengua

Heya! Great response!

DisLifeNot August 3rd, 2023

@TheFantasticPengua Great feedback!

pandanfe August 30th, 2023

@TheFantasticPengua

You did it so effectively that it felt more like a general check-in than straightforward feedback.

starryCandy6123 December 14th, 2023

@TheFantasticPengua

you did a great job, in asking them how they were, before casually asking for the report . Well done 

January 5th, 2023

@FrenchToastClub

This is the situation.

Hey CoffeePerson198, I hope you are doing okay. I'm really impressed by your dedication and commitment you put into caring and supporting others. You really are doing amazingly well. Although, I've noticed some assigned tasks had not been completed and wanted to check in with you to discuss any challenges you have been facing, so I'm able to support you better in the future. Besides this, you make a huge difference and we are really grateful to have you on the team. Thank you for all your contributions.

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

Done!

purplelady568 January 26th, 2023

@LlamaLizz Hey there. Nice response. I like the way you worded your compliment sandwich.

wonderousLove3994 March 2nd

Nice response

heathermarie95 August 22nd

i like your example!

CallumCares421 January 20th, 2023

Hi Coffee! I hope you are doing well. Its truly amazing how quick your response times are, I'm Callum, a leader with this group. I came to ask about the assigned task for 3 weeks, I noticed it hasn't been done, and it does need to be done in order to graduate. On a brighter note, we appreciate all your hard work and effort you have with 7cups making members feel validated and heard. :)

NanditaB January 22nd, 2023

@CallumCares421 very good feedback

sunnySea4551 January 21st, 2023

@FrenchToastClub

You are a leader of the team and have been tasked with giving constructive feedback. Please draft a message of no less than two sentences using the sandwich method (praise + constructive feedback + praise).

Hello tony I just wanted to let you know that you report you turned in is great. I did want to remind you that we start work at 9am sharp I see you been late lately. everyone loves working with you and your super funny. talk to you later

@sunnySea4551 Hi, nice use of the compliment sandwich. I think we were supposed to use the example given, but you were so creative, that you made up your own version! I love that!

NanditaB January 22nd, 2023

@FrenchToastClub

This is the situation.

Hey CoffeePerson198, I hope you are doing well.Thanks a lot for caring and being empathetic to people. You have been doing an amazing job. I have observed that you have not completed the assigned task for 3 weeks.Can you please tell me the issues you are facing regarding this? If you have a problem please try to communicate with me so that I can help you out. I have observed that you are very punctual and respond within 24 hours and I deeply appreciate it :) .

@NanditaB Hey, great response! You used the compliment sandwich very well. I like that you offered help to work on any issues the other person might be facing.

kindJewel5362 February 8th, 2023

@NanditaB

Great way of giving feedback.

Hello CoffeePerson198! I have noticed that your forum responses are very caring and empathetic; however, you have not completed your assigned task in over 3 weeks. You typically respond within 24 hours, which is great.

If you are struggling with assigned tasks or need to take a self-care break, please inform myself or another leader, so that we can make a plan to move forward. We appreciate the work you do here at 7 cups.

YourCaringConfidant February 9th, 2023

@purplelady568 That was a beautiful message, awww. Soooo empathetic and shows you care! <3

March 22nd, 2023

@purplelady568

Nice use of self-care reminder in your feedback :)

kindJewel5362 February 8th, 2023

Hi Coffee! Hope you're having a great day. First off, I love how you care about others and are so empathetic during chats. That's not a quality that comes easily to most and you have a flair for it. Proud of you for that. The next point is regarding the task you were given about 3 weeks prior. Do let me know if there's anything you need from me- support, guidance, air cover, to help you along with it since I haven't heard from you regarding it. If you could just let me know that would be great. I've seen that your response rate is a fast under 24h- great job on that.

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks!!

BenittaJ February 18th, 2023

@kindJewel5362

Good work!

Shannon1996 November 19th, 2023

@kindJewel5362 love this 🤩

patientShell1003 July 13th

Great work!

YourCaringConfidant February 9th, 2023

You are a leader of the team and have been tasked with giving constructive feedback. Please draft a message of no less than two sentences using the sandwich method (praise + constructive feedback + praise).

I would say the following:

"Hey Coffee! I hope you are well. I noticed you have not been as active in the past few weeks and just wanted to make sure you are ok. So, are you ok, Coffee? You are an amazing team member to work with and possess such beautiful qualities about you. I want you to know I am here for you if there is anything you would like to share. I miss seeing you spread joy across the platform and hope to see you back active. I am here for you when you are ready. Remember, you do so much for others that you deserve to take some time for yourself too. Self care is important and so are you!"

purplelady568 February 10th, 2023

@YourCaringConfidant I love the way you emphasize self-care here. Nice job.

YourCaringConfidant February 10th, 2023

@purplelady568 Thank you so much! I quite enjoyed this discussion. ☺️

jasishereforallofu February 17th, 2023

@YourCaringConfidant amazing work 😊

YourCaringConfidant February 17th, 2023

@jasmineishereforu Thank you so much! ♡

BenittaJ February 15th, 2023

@FrenchToastClub

Ans: Hello Coffee ! Hope your doing good. Im just checking on you and wanted to appreciate your good work for being caring and empathy towards others. Punctuality is discipline i can see how punctual you have always been and i really want to continue being the same.

I understand you have alot on ur plate currently because i can see that you haven't completed your task for 3 months you can reach out to me and i would definitely appreciate your time in explaining.

I hope everything gets well soon, you always responded within 24 hrs and currently it worries me that you haven't responded to my message makes me worry about you. Thankyou for being here and caring others.

Trintzu March 8th, 2023

@BenittaJ good work!❤️

jasishereforallofu February 17th, 2023

@FrenchToastClub ✒️ You are a leader of the team and have been tasked with giving constructive feedback. Please draft a message of no less than two sentences using the sandwich method (praise + constructive feedback + praise).

Hi Coffee! I hope you are doing well.
Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to 7cups and also thank you for being here and a part of our team.
I see that the task hasn't been done yet, if you have any questions about it please let me know and we can work on it together.
JasmineFlower222 February 18th, 2023

@jasmineishereforu great response ❤️

jasishereforallofu February 18th, 2023

@JasmineFlower222 Thank you❤️

JasmineFlower222 February 18th, 2023

@FrenchToastClub

Hey Coffee! Nice to meet you. I see you around and I'm so proud of you for being caring but also straight to the point. There is a task that hasn't been done for a while and was assigned to you. Do you think you could log on to the dash for me and do that task? If you need any assistance I could help you out! I also appreciate how you respond quickly to people and are very empathetic. Have a nice day ❤️

Mitanshi003 February 22nd, 2023

@JasmineFlower222

That is definitely a very lovely and friendly way to reach out to someone 🍀

Mitanshi003 February 22nd, 2023

@FrenchToastClub

The situation:

Positive traits: is punctual, responds in under 24 hours, cares about people, and is empathetic.

<3 You are a leader of the team and have been tasked with giving constructive feedback. Please draft a message of no less than two sentences using the sandwich method (praise + constructive feedback + praise).

Response:
Hello Coffee, I hope you are doing well and having a lovely day.

I wanted to take this time to acknowledge and appreciate the efforts you make for the community. Your punctuality, communication skills, and caring and empathetic qualities make you a wonderful person and enable you to complete your tasks efficiently. However, I have noticed that your assigned tasks have been unattended for the last 3 weeks and you've not communicated with me regarding the same.

If you've not been feeling well or you've been facing challenges in accomplishing your tasks, kindly let me know. Know that you do not have to hesitate to take a self-care break if you'd like and you can reach out to me anytime you face a challenge. I am aware that there can be times when we could feel overwhelmed to even communicate regarding our challenges, however, know that I am here to provide you with the best support possible and I acknowledge your potential.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺