Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Group Support Member Oath

Heather July 27th, 2015

Hey everyone!

As our Group Support rooms continue to grow, it is becoming increasingly important that we work together to ensure these remain a safe and supportive place.

With this in mind, I have created a special oath especially for members who participate in the Group Support rooms.

Today, I would like all of our 7 Cups to chat room users to show their support and commitment to keeping these rooms a wonderful, caring and compassionate space.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could copy and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign it with your username like this:

Signed: //Heather//
Date: 7/27/2015

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this oath. As a special honour, it will show beside your name in the chat rooms to show your commitment to ensuring these rooms are a safe environment. All you need to do is post the oath to ensure you earn it!

DouglasOtto March 13th, 2017

I, DouglasOtto, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests.

To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed Doug
13/03/17

BlakeMac April 5th, 2017

I, BlakeMac, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support room.

To understand that the 7 Cups chat rooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Member who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To never engage in harmful behavior, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed,

BlakeMac

4/05/2017

Leoneedsupport10 April 21st, 2017

I, Leoneedsupport10, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

Signed: //Leoneedsupport10//
Date: 04/21/17

Loveiskind257 April 21st, 2017

@Heather

,I Loveiskind257 , pledge,

Signed Loveiskind257
21/04/2017

Azurentz April 30th, 2017

I, Azurentz, pledge,

Signed Azurentz
5/1/17

May 16th, 2017

I, GlassAngelWings, pledge,

Signed GlassAngelWings

5/15/17

Loveiskind257 May 23rd, 2017

I, Love, pledge,

Signed Loveiskind257
23/05/17

May 23rd, 2017

I, Free, pledge,

Signed Tryingtobefree98
5/23/2017

sobergamzee June 11th, 2017

I, sobergamzee, pledge,

Signed sobergamzee
6/11/17

engineeringPenguin June 16th, 2017

I, engineeringPenguin, pledge,

Signed engineeringPenguin

06/16/17

aquaBalloon1299 June 18th, 2017

I will be kind.

Zeraphim June 19th, 2017

I, Zeraphim, pledge,

Signed Zeraphim
6/19/2017

Lavendaire July 27th, 2017

I, Lavendaire, pledge,

Signed Lavendaire
7/27/17

euphonic August 1st, 2017

I, Euphonic, pledge,

Signed: Euphonic
01/08/17

BillyWilson August 4th, 2017

@Heather

I, BillyWilson, pledge,

bubbleYard5765 August 16th, 2017

I will help others.

selfconfidentBeechwood6260 September 6th, 2017

I ill be kind.

pluckyBike1005 November 2nd, 2017

I will help othefs.

TheListener7867 November 11th, 2017

Signed, TheListener7867

November 21st, 2017

I would be kind and helpful to all.

I would fllow the rues.

I will refer , mute or report if i have too.

reachforgoals

eeveeon December 6th, 2017

I, Eeveeon, pledge,

I promise to do my best to support the group community when and where I can. I

Signed eeveeon

5/12/17

TheListener7867 December 18th, 2017

Signed thelistener7867

December 20th, 2017

beep

quietLime89 December 29th, 2017

I, Plucky, pledge

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of thecroom as a whole.

Signed Plucky
12/28/17

communicativeTangerine3641 January 3rd, 2018

I will help others.

quietBalsam6396 January 3rd, 2018

I pledge an oath to be kind to others

Akshita0612 January 11th, 2018

I, Akshita, pledge

To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, member, and guests.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter, and potential triggers.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of thecroom as a whole.

Signed Akshita
11/01/18

Govt January 27th, 2018

@Akshita0612 hi I m new here

tinugeorge January 11th, 2018

I, tinugeorge, pledge,

Signed Tinu George (tinugeorge)

Date - Jan 11, 2018

patientVase6936 January 16th, 2018

I pledge an oath to be kind to others.

January 23rd, 2018

I, Doop, pledge,

Signed Doop
1/22/18

Wanttoshine January 24th, 2018

I, Wanttoshine, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgemental, with everyone I encounter in the group support rooms.

To understand that the 7 cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, innappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button anytime I see a guest or member who is danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathetic conversations which are representative of the 7 cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as as individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To never engage in harmful behavior, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

Signed: //Wanttoshine//

Date: 1/23/18

January 24th, 2018

I, Bendall6456, pledge,

Signed Bendall6456
1/23/2018

amicableZebra1500 January 28th, 2018

I will be kind.

MarshmaIIows February 1st, 2018

I, Pastelle, pledge,

Signed pastellexoxo

Date: February 1, 2018

independentStrings8373 February 3rd, 2018

gregariousPeach6226 February 16th, 2018

agreeableKite6479 February 20th, 2018

I will be kind.

tallStrawberries4941 March 5th, 2018

I will treat others with respect.

Fairminded7545 March 8th, 2018

I promise to do my best.