Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Group Support Member Oath

Heather July 27th, 2015

Hey everyone!

As our Group Support rooms continue to grow, it is becoming increasingly important that we work together to ensure these remain a safe and supportive place.

With this in mind, I have created a special oath especially for members who participate in the Group Support rooms.

Today, I would like all of our 7 Cups to chat room users to show their support and commitment to keeping these rooms a wonderful, caring and compassionate space.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could copy and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign it with your username like this:

Signed: //Heather//
Date: 7/27/2015

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this oath. As a special honour, it will show beside your name in the chat rooms to show your commitment to ensuring these rooms are a safe environment. All you need to do is post the oath to ensure you earn it!

alyaazone December 24th, 2015

I, alyaazone, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests.

To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed alyaazone
24/12/15

ihope4ever December 27th, 2015

I, hope ♥ , pledge,
To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.
To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.
To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.
To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.
To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.
To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.
To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.
To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.
Signed hope ♥ 27/12/15

BrightDreamer December 28th, 2015

I, BrightDreamer, pledge,

Signed BrightDreamer
28/12/15

kikapika December 28th, 2015

I, kikapika, pledge,

Signed kikapika
12/28/15

HumancontactEXPRT December 28th, 2015

I, humancontactEXPRT, pledge,

To understand that the 7 Cups chat rooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

activelistenerjustforyou March 7th, 2016

@HumancontactEXPRT

You are amazing Robert! Thank you for taking your time with me and giving me all the techniques and tools to approach my failed relationship... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

You are an ANGEL of a man. Who ever she is has the best made man yet!!

HumancontactEXPRT March 7th, 2016

@activelistenerjustforyou

Thank you for your kind words my friend!

IrisRose December 28th, 2015

I, IrisRose, pledge,

Signed Iris
12/28/15

ih0pe December 29th, 2015

I ≈ Hopey ♥ ≈ pledge

⭐- To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgemental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

⭐- To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests.

⭐- To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times.

⭐- To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

⭐- To help and steer conversations away from negativity, innapropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

⭐- To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

⭐- To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

⭐- To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

⭐- To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

⭐- To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

⭐- To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed ≈ Hopey ♥ ≈
30/12/15

philosophicalPineapple140 January 1st, 2016

I, philosophicalPineapple104, pledge,

Signed philosophicalPineapple104 (Melissa)
01/01/16

February 8th, 2016

I, Beary, pledge,

Signed:

Beary

8th Feb 2016

Gingersnaapp February 8th, 2016

I, Gingersnaapp, pledge,

To understand that the 7 Cups chat rooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To never engage in harmful behavior, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

Signed Gingersnaapp
2/8/16

hbcrayons February 9th, 2016

I, hbcrayons, pledge,

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Member who is in danger of harming themselves.

To take ownership of my own behaviour, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

Signed,

hbcrayons
2/9/16

OfTheSpotlessMind February 11th, 2016

I, OfTheSpotLessMind, pledge,

Signed OfTheSpotLessMind
2/11/16

JamieB February 14th, 2016

I, JamieB, pledge,

- To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

- To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests.

- To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times.

- To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

- To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

- To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

- To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

- To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

- To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

- To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

- To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed JamieB
14th February 2016

Sassy01 February 14th, 2016

Group Support Member Oath
I, Sassy01, pledge,

Signed Sassy01

TheFallenAngel February 22nd, 2016

I, TheFallenAngel, pledge,

Signed TheFallenAngel,
2/21/2016

DreamBeyondTheNow February 23rd, 2016

I, Aida, pledge,

Signed Aida

23/02/2016

SweetIrishPotato March 17th, 2016

I, SweetIrishPotato, pledge,

Signed SweetIrishPotato
17/03/16

AutumnLeigh March 18th, 2016

I, AutumnLeigh, pledge,
To engage in thoughtful, empathetic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.
Signed AutumnLeigh 03/18/16

DarkCoffee March 29th, 2016

I, DarkCoffee,pledge :

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

Signed: DarkCoffee

saffehhh April 2nd, 2016

I, Saff, pledge,

Signed: Saff

02/04/2016

Bebrave101 April 2nd, 2016

I, Bebrave101, pledge,

Signed Bebrave101

4/2/16

Lightworker1111 April 4th, 2016

I, Lightworker1111, pledge,

Signed: Lightworker1111
4/04/2016

intelligentString April 27th, 2016

I, intelligent String, pledge :

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

Signed: intelligentString

26 April 2016

carefulCity1996 May 24th, 2016

I, Carefulcity1996 pledge:

To be kind,compassionate,considerate,patient,open-minded and non-judgemental with everyone i encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To understand that the 7 cup chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potiential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Member who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representatives of the 7 Cups Mission.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participanting in any discussions or support sessions.To never engage in harmful behaviour,such as trolling or spamming in rooms.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake the room as a whole.

Signed:carefulCity1996

6/23/16

came2believe May 24th, 2016

I Benjamin pledge,

Benjamin/aka came2believe

grassup June 4th, 2016

I, grassup, pledge,

Signed grassup
06/04/16

June 5th, 2016

I, patientOwl2, pledge,

Signed, patientOwl2

thelonesomerider June 9th, 2016

I, Caspar, pledge,

Signed: thelonesomerider
6/8/16

LilyGalilea June 9th, 2016

I, LilyGalilea, pledge,

Signed LilyGalilea 6/9/16

thestoryoflife June 22nd, 2016

I, thestoryoflife, pledge,

Signed: thestoryoflife

Date: 6/22/16

BrightRedFlower2322 July 3rd, 2016

I BrightRedFlower2322 pledge

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support room

To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special unique places on the internet to grow and learn

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Member who is in danger of harming themselves

To engage in thoughtful empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can control myself

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

Sincerely BrightRedFlower2322

3/7/16

Hellelujahs July 6th, 2016

I, Hellelujahs, pledge :

Signed: Hellelujahs

7/6/16

Pegasus07 July 11th, 2016

I, Pegasus07, pledge,

Signed Pegasus07
7/11/16

Hopeful0001 July 24th, 2016

I agree with this oath

calmJet2047 August 8th, 2016

#Agree with this oath. -Signed, August 2016 (calmJet2047)

PositiveMinds August 11th, 2016

I, PositiveMinds, pledge,

To always be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

Signed PositiveMinds,
08/11/2016