Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Group Support Member Oath

Heather July 27th, 2015

Hey everyone!

As our Group Support rooms continue to grow, it is becoming increasingly important that we work together to ensure these remain a safe and supportive place.

With this in mind, I have created a special oath especially for members who participate in the Group Support rooms.

Today, I would like all of our 7 Cups to chat room users to show their support and commitment to keeping these rooms a wonderful, caring and compassionate space.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could copy and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign it with your username like this:

Signed: //Heather//
Date: 7/27/2015

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this oath. As a special honour, it will show beside your name in the chat rooms to show your commitment to ensuring these rooms are a safe environment. All you need to do is post the oath to ensure you earn it!

InstaCyrus143 September 5th, 2015

I, Cyrus Solanki, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests.

To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

~Cyrus

JustHoping11063 September 5th, 2015

I, JustHoping11063, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

JustHoping11063

LabRatsFan September 6th, 2015

I, Noel, pledge,

Signed LabRatsFan
9/5/15

September 6th, 2015

I, FuturePsychologist2 , pledge,

Signed: FuturePsychologist2
Date: 6th September 2015.

Xuan September 6th, 2015

I, Xuan, pledge,

Signed by Xuan

On the 6th of September, 2015

recoverysloth September 6th, 2015

I, recoverysloth, pledge,

To never engage in harmful behavior, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

Signed recoverysloth
9/6/15

MagicalBlossom September 8th, 2015

I, MagicalBlossom, pledge

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behavior, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

EbbandFlow September 8th, 2015

I, @EbbandFlow , pledge,

Signed EbbandFlow
9/8/15

Flair30 September 10th, 2015

I, Flair30, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed Flair30
9/10/15

LeafSprite September 17th, 2015

I, Sara, pledge

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open- minded, and non- judgemental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To always respect all moderators, listeners, members and guests.

To understand that 7 cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a guest or member who is in danger of harming themselves,

To engage in thoughtful, empathetic conversations, which are representatives for the 7 cups mission.

To never behave in harmful behavior, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

To mute others I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed, Sara

9/17/15

LuluGrace September 17th, 2015

I, FuzzyCats, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded, and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members, and guests.

To help steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter, and potential triggers.

Signed FuzzyCats
9/17/15

Disabledfemme September 20th, 2015

I, Disabledfemme, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed,

Disabledfemme

crimsonPlum47 October 6th, 2015

I, Otto, pledge,

Signed,

CrimsonPlum47

October 6, 2015

October 6th, 2015

I, Surrealistic1337, pledge

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open- minded, and non- judgemental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To understand that 7 cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a guest or member who is in danger of harming themselves,

To engage in thoughtful, empathetic conversations, which are representatives for the 7 cups mission.

To mute others I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed, Surrealistic1337

10/06/15

easyWater4109 October 6th, 2015

I, easyWater, pledge

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open- minded, and non- judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

Signed, easyWater

10/06/15

BraveCrayon October 11th, 2015

I, BraveCrayon, pledge,

Signed BraveCrayon
10/12/15

CrimsonNoxx October 12th, 2015

I, CrimsonNoxx, pledge,

Signed,

CrimsonNoxx

alphabet October 12th, 2015

I, alphabet, pledge to be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the group support rooms, to always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests, to abide by all chat room rules at all times after reading them thoroughly, to understand that the 7 cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn, to help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers, to use the refer button any time I see a guest and members who is in danger of harming themselves, to engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 cups mission, to take ownership of my own behavior as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself, to show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions, to never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms, to mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

signed alphabet
10/12/15

GTAFreak October 12th, 2015

I, GTAFreak, pledge,

Signed gta
12/10/15

gracefulSong70 October 14th, 2015
I gracefulsong70 , pledge :

Syirah October 14th, 2015

I, Syirah , pledge :

14 Oct 15

JayBumble October 22nd, 2015

I JayBumble pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests.

To understand that the 7 Cups chat rooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To never engage in harmful behaivour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

Signed JayBumble

10/22/2015

amazingPeace26 October 24th, 2015

I, amazingPeace26, pledge,

To understand that the 7 Cups chat rooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

amazingPeace26

10/23/2015

positiveAnna October 27th, 2015

I, positiveAnna, pledge,

Signed,

positiveAnna

AutumnLeigh October 27th, 2015

I, AutumnLeigh pledge,

Signed AutumnLeigh

AutumnLeigh October 27th, 2015

I, AutumnLeigh pledge,

Signed AutumnLeigh

Celaeno November 12th, 2015

I, Celaeno, pledge before a wonderful community of 7 Cups:

- to be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms;

- to always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests;

- to carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times;

- to understand that the 7 Cups chat rooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn;

- to help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers;

- to use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves;

- to engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission;

- to take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself;

- to show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions;

- to never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms;

- to mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed by Celaeno
2015-11-12
quietnights November 16th, 2015

I, quietnights, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgemental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To carefully read and bide by all chat room rules at all times.

Signed quietnights

Date: 16/11/15

Simon93 November 16th, 2015

I, Simon93, pledge,

Signed Simon93
16/11/15

professionalPerspective60 November 20th, 2015

I, professionalperspective60, pledge,

Signed

professionalperspective60

healingCloud23 November 21st, 2015

I, healingCloud23, pledge,

Signed healingCloud23
21/11/2015

Mira34 November 23rd, 2015

I,Mira34, pledge,

Signed Mira
11/23/15

Lambert November 23rd, 2015

I, Lambert, pledge,

Signed Lambert
11/23/15

macabreMusician November 24th, 2015

I, macabreMusician, pledge,

Signed macabreMusician
11/23/15

QuietPastelRain December 10th, 2015

I, OceanMermaid, pledge,
Signed OceanMermaid 12/10/15

BearyButterfly December 12th, 2015

I, BearyButterfly, pledge,

Signed BearyButterfly

12 December 2015

KRN December 15th, 2015

I, KRNGRFL, pledge,

Signed by KRNGRFL

16 December 2015

fearlessOak2441 December 21st, 2015

I, fearlessOak2441, pledge,

Signed Krishay
12/21/15

LoveIsFree11Hallow December 23rd, 2015

I, Hallow, pledge,

Signed Hallow
12/23/15