Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Group Support Member Oath

Heather July 27th, 2015

Hey everyone!

As our Group Support rooms continue to grow, it is becoming increasingly important that we work together to ensure these remain a safe and supportive place.

With this in mind, I have created a special oath especially for members who participate in the Group Support rooms.

Today, I would like all of our 7 Cups to chat room users to show their support and commitment to keeping these rooms a wonderful, caring and compassionate space.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could copy and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign it with your username like this:

Signed: //Heather//
Date: 7/27/2015

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this oath. As a special honour, it will show beside your name in the chat rooms to show your commitment to ensuring these rooms are a safe environment. All you need to do is post the oath to ensure you earn it!

jenniferlobsinger77 August 1st, 2015

and to respct peopile with specail needs

philosophicalSkies5554 August 1st, 2015

And to listen with sn open heart.

plumAcai2993 August 1st, 2015

TO BE A ACTIVE LISTNER

reneaa August 1st, 2015

I, Alexis, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests.

To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed Alexis (reneaa)
7/27/15

xxx

rzdfb August 1st, 2015

I, Laura, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed Laura (rzdfb)
8/2/2015

nicePeach1023 August 1st, 2015

I, Alix, pledge

Signed nicePeach1023
8/1/15

kable August 1st, 2015

I, Kable, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed Kable

Tara232 August 2nd, 2015

I, Tara, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed Tara 8/1/15 0 ReplyPosted by @Itaro - Sat Aug 1, 2015 5:53 AM and to respct peopile with specail needs 0 ReplyPosted by @jenniferlobsinger77 - Sat Aug 1, 2015 7:36 AM And to listen with sn open heart. 0 ReplyPosted by @philosophicalSkies5554 - Sat Aug 1, 2015 9:00 AM TO BE A ACTIVE LISTNER 0 ReplyPosted by @plumAcai2993 - Sat Aug 1, 2015 1:09 PM I, Alexis, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Staceerrzz August 2nd, 2015

~~I, stacey, pledge,

signed

1/08/15

whimsicaldreamer August 2nd, 2015

I, Jaime, pledge,

Signed Jaime (whimsicaldreamer)
8/1/15 smiley

Alextheanxietyfreak August 2nd, 2015

I Alex, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed alextheanxietyfreak 8/1/15

bentleesmom092009 August 2nd, 2015

I Juleah, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed bentleesmom092009 8/1/15

GalaxyGirl011 August 2nd, 2015

I, Alicia, pledge to be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed GalaxyGirl011 8/1/15

tr1ag3 August 2nd, 2015

I Kris, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed Tr1ag3 8/1/15

lightasafeather August 2nd, 2015

I hereby pledge

Write2Cope August 2nd, 2015

I, Erin, pledge,

Write2Cope

Livhart2011 August 2nd, 2015

I Liv promise to be accepting just as the people here accept me. To always keep the messages I see on here private and confidential. I will not make fun of or tease anyone. I will be there for anyone who needs to talk because I will listen. Just know that i am there for whoever needs me. I'll put my own problems aside to talk to someone who needs me. I promise

gentleOwl August 2nd, 2015

I hereby pledge To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

SkyUnicorn August 2nd, 2015

I, SkyUnicorn, pledge,

Signed SkyUnicorn
02/08/15

HeadInABook August 2nd, 2015

I pledge to be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

To help us make the world a better place

Parv12345 August 2nd, 2015

I am ready to listen

abtin August 2nd, 2015

I, Abtin, pledge,

Signed Abtin
02/08/15

madsiev15 August 2nd, 2015

I, Maddie, pledge,

Signed Maddie
08/02/15

Bestwillow23 August 2nd, 2015

I, Bestwillow23, pledge,

Bella1989 August 2nd, 2015

~~I, Bella, pledge,

Signed Bella (Bella1989)
8/2/2015

chazlet August 2nd, 2015

I, Charley, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed, Charley 08/02/15

InstantKarma August 2nd, 2015

I InstantKarma, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Specialgirl August 2nd, 2015

I,Specialgirl,pledge

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

BrattyKittyCat August 2nd, 2015

I, Sophie, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed Sophie

blueApricot7637 August 2nd, 2015

I, BlueApricot7637, pledge, to be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed - BlueApricot7637

Wildheartgypsysoul3 August 3rd, 2015

I,Wildheartgypsysoul3, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed Wildheartgypsysoul3

PumpkinPixie August 3rd, 2015

I PumpkinPixie, hereby pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

jmhb August 3rd, 2015

I take the oath!

IndigoRoses August 3rd, 2015

I pledge.

nerdyme9 August 3rd, 2015

I swear it

masked2dollarbill August 3rd, 2015

I masked2dollarbill, hereby pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

losingmymind1074 August 3rd, 2015

I pledge

diligentTalker8888 August 3rd, 2015

Ditto.

peachymoiicat August 3rd, 2015

I take oath

beautifulblade August 3rd, 2015

I, beautifulblade, hereby pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.