Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Group Support Member Oath

Heather July 27th, 2015

Hey everyone!

As our Group Support rooms continue to grow, it is becoming increasingly important that we work together to ensure these remain a safe and supportive place.

With this in mind, I have created a special oath especially for members who participate in the Group Support rooms.

Today, I would like all of our 7 Cups to chat room users to show their support and commitment to keeping these rooms a wonderful, caring and compassionate space.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could copy and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign it with your username like this:

Signed: //Heather//
Date: 7/27/2015

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this oath. As a special honour, it will show beside your name in the chat rooms to show your commitment to ensuring these rooms are a safe environment. All you need to do is post the oath to ensure you earn it!

teamirror July 30th, 2015

I pledge.

Turtlepowerrr July 30th, 2015

I pledge.

szurkemedve July 30th, 2015

I pledge

versatileHuman5281 July 30th, 2015

I pledge

chewsownlegoff July 30th, 2015

I pledge

holly29 July 30th, 2015

I, Holly29, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests.

To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed Holly29
30/07/2015

plumOcean7085 July 30th, 2015

I Pledge

cyanPenguin2925 July 30th, 2015

I pledge.

rezcub July 30th, 2015

I, Dani, pledge,

To be patient with those that I disagree, but to remain civil and assertive in all discussions.

To be straightforward in my interactions -I'll show respect and hope it is returned.

To have read the rules and do to my the best of my ability to abide by them.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are considered safe spaces even it it's not truly always a safe space for everyone -because it only strives to do its best.

To restrain myself from contributing to triggers and making matters worse for others

To follow protocol on self-harm and if others are in danger

To be kind, compassionate, and generous in my interactions

To be accountable to my actions and behavior

To strive to be my best

Signed Dani
7/30/15

goodDog9969 July 30th, 2015

I pledge

indigoNectarine2178 July 30th, 2015

I pledge

ameliarabbit July 30th, 2015

I Pledge.

laurieloo July 30th, 2015

I Pledge

StarFlower July 30th, 2015

I, Star, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed StarFlower
7/30/15

Long live 7 Cups of Tea.

warmheartedWillow July 30th, 2015

I pledge

Nyao July 30th, 2015

I pledge.

zenonesque July 30th, 2015

I pledge the same. Can't copy paste on app for some reason :/

Kennylee July 30th, 2015

I Pledge

KimberlyCookson July 30th, 2015

I pledge.

orangeCucumber1202 July 30th, 2015

I, lea ann, pledge:

PixelatedWombat July 30th, 2015

I pledge.

practicalPlace6865 July 30th, 2015

I pledge

politeSpring1022 July 30th, 2015

I pledge.

Bigfriendlygiant111 July 30th, 2015

I pledge

BlueberryAvalanche July 30th, 2015

I, Shannon, pledge,

proactiveStrings7243 July 30th, 2015

I pledge

quickwittedPond1359 July 30th, 2015

I pledge.

AeroRoze3 July 30th, 2015

I Pledge

wingsoflife7 July 30th, 2015

i Pledge

Inaivylove July 30th, 2015

I pledge to abide by all rules and be positive not only for myself but for others! Inaivylove

ColoradoDreaming July 30th, 2015

I pledge.

SagittarianPanda July 30th, 2015

I, SagittarianPanda, pledge...

Lorena27 July 30th, 2015

I, Lorena, pledge,

To never engage in harmful behavior, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

Signed Lorena
7/30/15

trytorecover July 30th, 2015

I pledge to help in finding a light in the dark.

carefulTiger1351 July 30th, 2015

I, carefulTiger1351, pledge,

Signed carefulTiger1351
7/30/15

lightMoon9437 July 30th, 2015

Ipledge

TimidQ July 30th, 2015

http://www.7cups.com/24558125I pledge

to be the best listener I can be.

To help those that seek for me.

To follow all rules while to being a good/helpful citizen.

heart

sympatheticPear9734 July 30th, 2015

I pledge.

Introvertedone1982 July 30th, 2015

I pledge to be helpful, respectful, encouraging, and supportive. I pledge to try to step outside of my box and see things from other perspectives. I pledge to bring something valuable to a discussion each time, even if it's just a listening ear. I pledge to be friendly and caring of ALL people. This is my pledge.

Judy1986 July 30th, 2015

I pledge.