Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Group Support Member Oath

Heather July 27th, 2015

Hey everyone!

As our Group Support rooms continue to grow, it is becoming increasingly important that we work together to ensure these remain a safe and supportive place.

With this in mind, I have created a special oath especially for members who participate in the Group Support rooms.

Today, I would like all of our 7 Cups to chat room users to show their support and commitment to keeping these rooms a wonderful, caring and compassionate space.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could copy and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign it with your username like this:

Signed: //Heather//
Date: 7/27/2015

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this oath. As a special honour, it will show beside your name in the chat rooms to show your commitment to ensuring these rooms are a safe environment. All you need to do is post the oath to ensure you earn it!

SillyOne July 28th, 2015

I, SillyOne, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chat rooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behavior, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed SillyOne 7/28/15

Daisy11 July 28th, 2015

I, Nicole, pledge To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed, Savana14

Laurenwilson17 July 28th, 2015

I, laurenwilson pledge To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed, laurenwilson

Tango July 28th, 2015

I, Tango, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests.

To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed Tango

enthusiasticCranberry7165 July 28th, 2015

I, EnthusiasticCranberry, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussion or support sessions.

To never engage in harmful behavior, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

To mute others whom I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed EnthusiasticCranberry

7/27/15

IndecisiveTangerine July 28th, 2015

I, IndecisiveTangerine, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed Me 7/28/15

olliepop July 28th, 2015

~~

I, olliepop pledge,

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed olliepop

FancifulTurnip987 July 28th, 2015

I, V pledge To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed, V

RecoveringAmy15 July 28th, 2015

I accept this oath

SiennaB July 28th, 2015

i accept this oath

calmBeing3261 July 28th, 2015

I accept oath.

Layla20 July 28th, 2015

I accept this oath

patientPond2446 July 28th, 2015

I accept this oath

MajesticHippos July 28th, 2015

I, Vera pledge,

Signed vera
7/28/15

unassumingKitten795 July 28th, 2015

I accept

AnxiousActor97 July 28th, 2015

I, AnxiousActor97 pledge,

Carm July 28th, 2015

I accept this oath

SammyJayyyy July 28th, 2015

I accept this oath

blueCircle2598 July 28th, 2015

I pledge,

Metalhead1195 July 28th, 2015

I, Ethan (aka Metalhead1195) pledge,

Signed Ethan
7/28/15

BLTmaster July 28th, 2015

I, Brandon pledge To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed, Bdishman

Crazycajun15 July 28th, 2015

I Accept this Oath!

Bekzie July 28th, 2015

I Bekzie do pledge to

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed Bekzie, 28/7/15

HiddenMoon July 28th, 2015

I, HiddenMoon, accept this oath to be kind and compassionate and respective to all group members. I accept that I will obey the chat room rules and that I will use the group chat room as a place to vent, share my feelings, and to support others.

- Hidden Moon

MissPJ July 28th, 2015

I, Poppy pledge To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed, MissPJ

KoiFish July 28th, 2015

I accept

AbsoluteMetta00 July 28th, 2015

I, AbsoluteMetta00,pledge,

Signed,
AbsoluteMetta00
7/28/15

ORCRPR04 July 28th, 2015

I ORCRPR accept this oath, I accept to be kind, compassionate and respective to all members.

creativeGrapefruit8503 July 28th, 2015

Yup

TalkingBird July 28th, 2015

I, ShyWater, pledge this oath

zookeeper99 July 28th, 2015

I zookeeper99 pledge this oath!

Confuse51d July 28th, 2015

I pledge the oath

Ourloudwhispers July 28th, 2015

I pledge 😊

reservedSpruce9347 July 28th, 2015

I pledge this oath <3

cocoon July 28th, 2015

i pledge this oath! :) x

KMM2454 July 28th, 2015

I pledge the oath

brightJou4 July 28th, 2015

I pledge this oath

RoniLove July 28th, 2015

I pledge the oath

MusicismyRemedy July 28th, 2015

I pledge ❤️❤️❤️

Firepenguin711 July 29th, 2015

I, Firepenguin711, pledge,

Signed Firepenguin711
7/29/15