Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Group Support Member Oath

Heather July 27th, 2015

Hey everyone!

As our Group Support rooms continue to grow, it is becoming increasingly important that we work together to ensure these remain a safe and supportive place.

With this in mind, I have created a special oath especially for members who participate in the Group Support rooms.

Today, I would like all of our 7 Cups to chat room users to show their support and commitment to keeping these rooms a wonderful, caring and compassionate space.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could copy and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign it with your username like this:

Signed: //Heather//
Date: 7/27/2015

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this oath. As a special honour, it will show beside your name in the chat rooms to show your commitment to ensuring these rooms are a safe environment. All you need to do is post the oath to ensure you earn it!

misslonely1993 July 29th, 2015

I, Missy, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests.

To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed Missy
7/28/15

crippledgrins July 29th, 2015

I pledge

Thebrightsideofthemoon July 29th, 2015

I pledge 🙋

GothTanya1 July 29th, 2015

I pledge.

affectionateMaple317 July 29th, 2015

I accept this oath a pledge to adhere to the rules and ideals mentioned above.

PapaRob July 29th, 2015

I agree

nightlark July 29th, 2015

I pledge

PeachyPenny2894 July 29th, 2015

I pledge

secretJar5982 July 29th, 2015

I pledge

ToughNoodle July 29th, 2015

I pledge.

bipolarchick July 29th, 2015

I pledge

purrr July 29th, 2015

I pledge

enthusiasticBeach0209 July 29th, 2015

I pledge

echandsketch July 29th, 2015

I pledge to help others by being objective and in doing do, help myself.

Mischka92 July 29th, 2015

~~I, Mischka, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed MISCHKA

Hallways0fAlways July 29th, 2015

I pledge to help others as best I can an to allow for growth with influx and reflux of care and attention.

hearingthetapes July 29th, 2015

I pledge to do my best to help others

bbriannag July 29th, 2015

I pledge

Tsim00v July 29th, 2015

New post, a nee pledge, a new day, new chance at changing the old. Without rain the flower does not grow, without darkness their is no stars.

Chrislatino July 29th, 2015

I pledge to help others with their problems with themselves or others. I pledge that i will guide them through a cheerful path that will lead them to happiness. I want to help others cause i know what everyone goes through, i may not know their struggles personally but everyone has a different struggle and i will make it my goal to help them. Chrislatino

vanessarose007100 July 29th, 2015

I pledge to hear others vent and give them nothing but positive support , at any time 💯🙌🏼.

blueLake7692 July 29th, 2015

I pledge

patientWest614 July 29th, 2015

I pledge to listen and help others without judgment.

oliverbuttons July 30th, 2015

I pledge to always use this app in my bad moments and never disrespect others on it

Cuckoophony July 29th, 2015

I pledge to help others, as well as myself, and be as truthful as possible with my words.

Lolitaa123 July 29th, 2015

I pledge to help myself and others, as well as to spread kindness and love.

HisBestFriend1030 July 29th, 2015

I pledge

HisBestFriend1030 July 29th, 2015

I, Hisbestfriend1030, pledge,

Signed Dinah(HBF1030)
7/29/15

revanth1538 July 29th, 2015

I pledge

BandsNTurtles July 29th, 2015

I pledge to help myself and others whenever I can and work towards getting better and figuring myself out.

IsabelRose July 29th, 2015

I pledge to show the love and support that everyone needs and that i need as well

RagingSublimity July 29th, 2015

I pledge to help others as much & as often as I can.

emilyksg July 29th, 2015

I pledge to continue finding ways to cope with my feelings and share my emotions with others and always being there for a friend in need.

yimmyzzz July 29th, 2015

I pledge to help others, be supportive, listen to others without judgment.

warmheartedSoul94 July 29th, 2015

I pledge to start not only trying to rethink my negative thoughts, but to also love myself and others who care about me. To show love more often then my sadness and anger. I pledge to try to become the me I've always wanted to be.

amiableScarf1992 July 29th, 2015

I, Lucas, pledge to

be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms,

always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests,

carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times,

understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn,

help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers,

use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves,

engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission,

take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself,

show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions,

never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms,

mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole

to the best of my knowledge and or ability.

Signed, Lucas

GladlyHuman9927 July 29th, 2015

I, Anna, pledge to help others and be their crying shoulder, I will talk them through depressive episodes and try to brighten up their life, be their friend, signed -Anna

FrostWrites July 29th, 2015

I pledge not to judge, discriminate, or bully in any way shape or form, to always respect others, and try to brighten their day.

Ashlynne16 July 29th, 2015

I pledge to help others, even if we d

Ashlynne16 July 29th, 2015

I pledge to help others, even if we don't see eye to eye