Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Group Support Member Oath

Heather July 27th, 2015

Hey everyone!

As our Group Support rooms continue to grow, it is becoming increasingly important that we work together to ensure these remain a safe and supportive place.

With this in mind, I have created a special oath especially for members who participate in the Group Support rooms.

Today, I would like all of our 7 Cups to chat room users to show their support and commitment to keeping these rooms a wonderful, caring and compassionate space.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could copy and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign it with your username like this:

Signed: //Heather//
Date: 7/27/2015

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this oath. As a special honour, it will show beside your name in the chat rooms to show your commitment to ensuring these rooms are a safe environment. All you need to do is post the oath to ensure you earn it!

Shefliesfirefly August 3rd, 2015

I pledge

kittychristine August 3rd, 2015

I, kittychristine, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests.

To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed,
Kitty
8/2/15

jimper August 3rd, 2015

I, Jimper, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed Jimper
08/03/15

peachylost August 3rd, 2015

I, peachylost, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.heart

whiteprincess90 August 3rd, 2015

I, whiteprincess90, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed, whiteprincess90 8/3/15

communicativeWatermelon4067 August 3rd, 2015

I, Communitive Watermelon, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed,
Communitive Watermelon

3rd August 2015

aswathy August 3rd, 2015

I Aswathy pledge that I would do my best to help one with all the knowledge that I have. Let me show in my action than talks. Feel free to talk you are not alone

Sashira August 3rd, 2015

I cannot copy and paste on my phone. But I have read and agree to these very reasonable terms. Long live these chat rooms.

BasicMelodies August 3rd, 2015

I, BasicMelodies, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed, BasicMelodies 3rd August2015

tealClementine7791 August 3rd, 2015

I pledge,

Signed,
Communitive Watermelon

3rd August 2015

0 Reply
Posted by @communicativeWatermelon4067 - Mon Aug 3, 2015 4:38 AM

Lighthouse2014 August 3rd, 2015

I, lighthouse2014, hereby pledge To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed, lighthouse2014 8/3/15

kirsty1996 August 3rd, 2015

I kirsty1996, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

cyanPenguin2925 August 3rd, 2015

I pledge

tealBlueberry1178 August 3rd, 2015

I, tealblueberry, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed tealblueberry 8/3/15

FullyFlawed August 3rd, 2015

I pledge 😊

aleezarene August 3rd, 2015

I, aleezarene, pledge to be kind, understanding, compassionate, polite and open minded. I pledge to be 100% supportive to those needing help/someone to listen. I pledge to always be kind with my words and to give the most supportive and informative advice to help those who need it. I will treat everyone with respect and try to keep people safe.

aspiringhygge August 3rd, 2015

I aspiringhygge, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

compassionateBeach2730 August 3rd, 2015

I pledge,

Cupcakelacrosse August 3rd, 2015

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

BeautifulxDisaster August 3rd, 2015

I pledge.

Bestwillow23 August 3rd, 2015

i pledge

Haley622 August 3rd, 2015

I haley622, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

aliceisclark581 August 3rd, 2015

I pledge.

babygirl101294 August 3rd, 2015

I pledge

PierceMeTheEmpire August 3rd, 2015

I pledge.

Shinnybelle August 3rd, 2015

I pledge ☺️

emmahols August 3rd, 2015

I pledge

Wmculver2008 August 3rd, 2015

I pledge !!

brightHouse8149 August 3rd, 2015

I pledge

navyTortoise2810 August 3rd, 2015

I pledge

doublerainbow August 4th, 2015

I pledge

considerateLime8717 August 4th, 2015

I pledge.

faithfull August 4th, 2015

I pledge

TaylorSierra2715 August 4th, 2015

I pledge to be kind and helpful to others. To have a positive outlook on life. To look at life in a new light and be happy.

Kj99 August 4th, 2015

I pledge

beckyhh August 4th, 2015

I pledge.

inventiveDrum7917 August 4th, 2015

I pledge to be my best self for others. Open to help others. Open minded to help myself with my issues.

littleBeary August 12th, 2016

:)

Indigo131 August 4th, 2015

I pledge.

impartialTree3773 August 4th, 2015

I pleadge to never Give a listener a hard time, to be kind to all on 7 cups, and to follow group chat rules, and to not trigger anyone.