Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Group Support Member Oath

Heather July 27th, 2015

Hey everyone!

As our Group Support rooms continue to grow, it is becoming increasingly important that we work together to ensure these remain a safe and supportive place.

With this in mind, I have created a special oath especially for members who participate in the Group Support rooms.

Today, I would like all of our 7 Cups to chat room users to show their support and commitment to keeping these rooms a wonderful, caring and compassionate space.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could copy and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign it with your username like this:

Signed: //Heather//
Date: 7/27/2015

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this oath. As a special honour, it will show beside your name in the chat rooms to show your commitment to ensuring these rooms are a safe environment. All you need to do is post the oath to ensure you earn it!

Dezi2017 August 4th, 2015

I pledge

TattooedMusician10110 August 4th, 2015

I, Patrick, pledge to be kind and courteous. To help others as they help me. To make a difference in my life and others around me. I pledge to be a better me.

niceComputer7615 August 4th, 2015

I pledge

pumkin38 August 4th, 2015

I pledge

lostinthought2015 August 4th, 2015

I pleage

Canadiangurl83 August 4th, 2015

I Pledge

TonyJ August 4th, 2015

I, Tony, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed, Tony

Blake92 August 4th, 2015

I pledge

politeBeechwood9844 August 4th, 2015

I pledge

Lovecb88 August 4th, 2015

I pledge!

Lostgirlinspace August 4th, 2015

I pleage

blissfulwanderlust August 4th, 2015

I, blissfulwanderlust, pledge

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests.

To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed

blissfulwanderlust

8/4/15

coolcucumber3 August 4th, 2015

I, Marrisa, pledge to be kind and courteous. To help others as they help me. To make a difference in my life and others around me. I pledge to be a better me.

urbanAlien August 9th, 2015

I, Alien, pledge

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To abide by all chat room rules at all times.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed

Alien
8/9/15

nicole273 August 9th, 2015

I, nicole273, pledge,

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

Signed Nicole
8/9/15

jasom13 August 10th, 2015

I jasom13 pledge

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone i encounter in the Group support rooms.

To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests

to carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times

to understand that the 7 cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To use the refer button any time I see a guest and member who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, i can only control myself.

to show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

to never engage in harmful behavior, such as trolling or spamming the rooms

To mute others who i do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole

signed jasom13 8/9/15

okomglolwtf August 10th, 2015

I, @okomglolwtf , pledge,

Signed: @okomglolwtf
10th August 2015.

ColourfulClarity August 14th, 2015

I pledge:

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and/or Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

CC

kindOwl6756 August 14th, 2015

I pledge

ZombieKid August 15th, 2015

I pledge

AmeliaMSW August 18th, 2015

I, AmeliaMSW, pledge,

Signed AmeliaMSW
8/17/15

ladysadie August 18th, 2015

I pledge!

Jayhon August 18th, 2015

I, Johnny, pledge,

midnightblacklab August 18th, 2015

I pledge to be a good member and be kind to all!

dreamcatcher0807 August 18th, 2015

I pledge to be a good member to all!

Reneee August 18th, 2015

I, Renee, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed Reneee
8/18/15

tranquilFreedom August 19th, 2015

I, tranquilfreedom , pledge,

Signed tranquilfreedom
8/19/15

DownByTheBeach760 August 23rd, 2015

I pledge to be a good member to all

bravePrune4654 August 27th, 2015

I, bravePrune4654, pledge,

To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members, and guests.

To understand that the 7 Cups chat rooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter,and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a guest or member who is in danger of harming thenmselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To never engage in harmful behavior, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

Signed, bravePrune4654

8/27/2015

AutumnLeigh August 28th, 2015

I, AutumnLeigh, pledge,

Signed AutumnLeigh
8/27/15

MusicalBeing August 28th, 2015

I, MusicalBeing, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behavior, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed MusicalBeing 🎶

Vekel August 28th, 2015

I, Vekel, pledge,

Signed Vekel
8/28/2015

GuideOnTheSide August 29th, 2015

I pledge to help those in the group chat and not get sidetracked by other listeners.

PeaceForYou August 29th, 2015

I, PeaceForYou, Pledge,

Signed PeaceForYou

RideaRainbow August 31st, 2015

I, Ridearainbow, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed Ridearainbow

31/8/15

keIs September 2nd, 2015

I, Kels, pledge,

To understand that the 7 Cups chat rooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

Signed Kels
01/09/15

easyLake7846 September 2nd, 2015

I, DarkLake15, pledge,

Signed DarkLake15
01/09/15

flyingzebra September 2nd, 2015

I, flyingzebra, pledge,

Signed flyingzebra
9/3/15

bouncyShoe77 September 3rd, 2015

I pledge to be a good member in group community rooms and out of them . and abide with the rules , to be kind and compassionate at all times, also to be as helpful as I can.

Jaydeeeeen September 5th, 2015

I, Jaydeeeeen, pledge,

Signed Jaydeeeeen
8/19/15