Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Group Support Member Oath

Heather July 27th, 2015

Hey everyone!

As our Group Support rooms continue to grow, it is becoming increasingly important that we work together to ensure these remain a safe and supportive place.

With this in mind, I have created a special oath especially for members who participate in the Group Support rooms.

Today, I would like all of our 7 Cups to chat room users to show their support and commitment to keeping these rooms a wonderful, caring and compassionate space.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could copy and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign it with your username like this:

Signed: //Heather//
Date: 7/27/2015

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this oath. As a special honour, it will show beside your name in the chat rooms to show your commitment to ensuring these rooms are a safe environment. All you need to do is post the oath to ensure you earn it!

SmileDandilion August 24th, 2016

I, SmileDandilion, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests.

To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed SmileDandilion

25/8/2016

bookbushbaby August 27th, 2016

I agree to this oath.

xoMorgs August 31st, 2016

I, Morgan, promise:

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed by MORGAN <3

8/31/16

Paj September 7th, 2016

O.k - sure why not.

I, Paj, pledge,

Signed Paj

07/09/2016

OctoberIvy September 10th, 2016

I, OctoberIvy, pledge :

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

Luigi1000 September 12th, 2016

I, Luigi1000, pledge,

Signed Ani

12/9/2016

TaranWanderer September 15th, 2016

I, TaranWanderer, pledge,

Signed, TaranWanderer

09/15/2016

affableHickory9301 September 16th, 2016

I, affordable hickory, pledge,

Signed affordable hickory
9/16/16

Peace September 18th, 2016

I, Istand4peace, pledge,

Signed Istand4peace

9/18/2016

EverythingAddsUp September 18th, 2016

I, Everything Adds Up, pledge,

tranquilForever68 September 23rd, 2016

I, tranquilForever68, pledge,

Signed tranquilForever68

9/23/16

rustlingtrees September 29th, 2016

I, rustlingtrees, pledge,

rustlingtrees

9/29/16

MorningStar610 October 5th, 2016

@Heather

I, MorningStar610, pledge,

Signed MorningStar610

10/5/2016

blossombreathe October 22nd, 2016

@Heather

I, blossombreathe, pledge,

Signed, Blossombreathe

I hope you have an awesome day!! laugh

AliceAllAlone October 29th, 2016

I, AliceAllAlone, pledge

Signed AliceAllAlone

10/29/16

AaliyahXOXO November 3rd, 2016

I,AaliyahXOXO pledge..

rustlingtrees

9/29/16

Smyro November 11th, 2016

I, Smyro, pledge,

Signed Smyro

11/11/16

TheWanderer27 November 13th, 2016

I, TheWanderer, pledge,

Signed, TheWanderer

11/13/16

crimsonMelon8700 November 14th, 2016

I pledge an oath to use group support in order to make friends

I pledge to be kind.

I pledge an oath to use group support in order to help others.

LirahLovesYou November 19th, 2016

I, LirahLovesYou, pledge,

Signed LirahLovesYou

11/19/2016

Idonotthinkanyonecares November 23rd, 2016

I, Idonotthinkanyonecares, pledge,

Signed Idonotthinkanyonecares

TheHuggleMonster November 24th, 2016

I, Keanan, pledge,

TheKat December 2nd, 2016

I, Kat, pledge,

Signed Kat
December 2nd 2016

TheHuggleMonster December 5th, 2016

I, TheHuggleMonster, pledge,

Signed TheHuggleMonster
12/5/16

Wishingfordifferent December 5th, 2016

I, Wishingfordifferent, pledge

To avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Wishing for Different
12/5/16

Compassionatelistener108 December 6th, 2016

I, compassionatelistener108,

Compassion,

6 December 2016

Autumnsprings December 7th, 2016

I, Autumnsprings, pledge,

To never engage in harmfulbehaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

Signed Autumnsprings
12/7/16

sympatheticPrune6704 December 11th, 2016

I, sympatheticPrune6704, pledge,

Signed Prune
7/27/15

December 16th, 2016

I, essdee, pledge,

To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members, and guests.

To use the refer button anytime I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To never engage in harmful behavior, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

Signed
essdee
12-16-16

discreetBalsam3833 December 21st, 2016

I pledge an oath to use group support in order to make new friends.

emma99 December 26th, 2016

I, elj123, pledge,

Signed elj123

12/26/16

Babu December 31st, 2016

I, Babu (diligentPerson5680), pledge,

Signed Babu (diligentPerson5680)
12/31/2016

OfTheSpotlessMind January 16th, 2017

I, OfTheSpotLessMind, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgemental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support room.

To always sho respect to all moderators, kisteners, members and guests.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Member who is in danger of harming themselves.

To sho my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To never engage in harmful behavior, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

Signed OfTheSpotLessMind

1/16/2017

Moosewithducks January 26th, 2017

I, Moosewithducks, pledge,

Signed Moosewithducks
1/26/17

SofieSof January 29th, 2017

I, SofieSof, pledge,

Signed Sofie

29/01/2017

JejuneJoe January 30th, 2017

I, JejuneJoe, pledge,

Signed JejuneJoe

1/29/17

goldenPalm71 February 20th, 2017

I, goldenPalm71 , pledge,

Signed goldenPaln71
2/20/17

ShadlokVance March 6th, 2017

I, Shadlok, pledge,

To use the refer button anytime I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.