Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Group Support Member Oath

Heather July 27th, 2015

Hey everyone!

As our Group Support rooms continue to grow, it is becoming increasingly important that we work together to ensure these remain a safe and supportive place.

With this in mind, I have created a special oath especially for members who participate in the Group Support rooms.

Today, I would like all of our 7 Cups to chat room users to show their support and commitment to keeping these rooms a wonderful, caring and compassionate space.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could copy and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign it with your username like this:

Signed: //Heather//
Date: 7/27/2015

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this oath. As a special honour, it will show beside your name in the chat rooms to show your commitment to ensuring these rooms are a safe environment. All you need to do is post the oath to ensure you earn it!

reconnect March 11th, 2018

beep

stuckintime92 March 12th, 2018

I, StuckInTime92, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encount in the Group Support rooms.

To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests.

To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest or Member who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations whic are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behaviour, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to aviod conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed Sam
12/03/18

forcefulStrawberries4435 March 21st, 2018

I, Alice, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed Alice
22/03/2018

NovaturientSeedling March 27th, 2018

I, SonderandWonder, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed SonderandWonder
27/03/2018

joyfulFern35 April 6th, 2018

I,joyfulFern35 pledge..

Signed // joyfulFern35 // 06/04/18

forcefulStrawberries4435 April 22nd, 2018

I, forcefulStrawberries4435, pledge,

Signed Heather
22/4/18

electricLily13 April 22nd, 2018

I pledge,

Signed Lily

22/04/2018

epitium April 23rd, 2018

I, epitium, pledge,

Signed epitium
23/04/17

LucySnapdragon April 29th, 2018

I, LucySnapdragon, pledge,

Signed LucySnapdragon
29/04/2018

braveGrapefruit7609 May 21st, 2018

I pledge an oath go support others.

May 26th, 2018

I, Lee , pledge,

Signed: Lee

5/26/18

Arkhamknight June 3rd, 2018

I Arkham, pledge

heavenlySunshine24 June 20th, 2018

I, heavenlySunshine24, pledge,

Signed heavenlySunshine24
27/03/2018

heavenlySunshine24 June 20th, 2018

@heavenlySunshine24 06/20/2018 ****

Blaise23 June 22nd, 2018

I MarayaMUROE, solemnly resolve

To take ownership of my own behaviour, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To never engage in harmful behaviours, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

Signed: MarayaMUROE

22nd JUNE 2018,Wednesday

Blaise23 June 22nd, 2018

*MarayaMUNROE*....my autocorrect😓😅😅

CookieBears June 30th, 2018

I, CookieBears, pledge,

Raspberrycheesecake July 8th, 2018

I, Raspberrycheesecake, pledge,

Signed Raspberrycheesecake
08/06/2018

gentleBalloon9710 July 8th, 2018

I, gentleBalloon9710, pledge,

Signed, gentleBalloon9710

08/07/2018

PopcornTheDancer August 15th, 2018

I agree to it

ElvishBilly August 27th, 2018

I, ElvishBilly, pledge,

Signed ElvishBilly

8/27/18

MadiMonkey97 September 12th, 2018

I, MadiMonkey97, pledge,

Signed: MadiMonkey97
Dated: 09/12/2018

spiritwolf75 September 29th, 2018

I, spiritwolf75, pledge,

Signed spiritwolf75
9/29/18

FindingPeaceWithin1 October 14th, 2018

I, FindingPeaceWithin1, pledge,

Signed FindingPeaceWithin1

10/14/18

Zengrl November 7th, 2018

I, Zengrl, pledge,

Signed Zengrl
11/7/18

ANGLEBUDDYS January 4th, 2019

to help others and to remain suportive

ANGLEBUDDYS February 2nd, 2019

i agree

parissaiko May 12th, 2019

@Heather

I, parisaegyo, pledge,

Signed SonderandWonder
12/05/2019

Awesomeness217 May 12th, 2019

I agree!

Aayla August 11th, 2019

I, Aayla, pledge,

Signed: Aayla
8/11/19

beautifulsun7476 July 23rd, 2020

I pledge

ArrabellaG0dwin October 8th, 2019

I, ArrabellaG, pledge,

Signed: ArrabellaG
09/10/19

ArrabellaGodwin October 10th, 2019

I, Animefan8Tea, pledge,

Signed: Animefan8Tea
10/10/19

lavenderCup3799 December 30th, 2019

@Heather

I, XX, pledge,

Signed lavendercup3799

PeppermintStar0912 December 30th, 2019

@Heather

I, PeppermintStar1107, pledge-

Signed PeppermintStar1107
12/30/2019

January 9th, 2020

@Heather

I, Valeria [admaiorasemper], pledge:

Signed: Valeria [admaiorasemper]

CheerySandi January 9th, 2020

@Heather I take the member oath into my hands and will try my best to adhere to the desired outcomes.

Klemen

xXKalikaStormXx February 11th, 2020

@Heather

I, MangletheFox21, pledge,

Signed: MangletheFox21

//2/10/20//

sensibleSkies8757 February 21st, 2020

Signed Sensible Skies

NotFrostButAPoet March 3rd, 2020

I, Notfrostbutapoet, Pledge:

Signed: Notfrostbutapoet
4/3/20