Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Group Support Member Oath

Heather July 27th, 2015

Hey everyone!

As our Group Support rooms continue to grow, it is becoming increasingly important that we work together to ensure these remain a safe and supportive place.

With this in mind, I have created a special oath especially for members who participate in the Group Support rooms.

Today, I would like all of our 7 Cups to chat room users to show their support and commitment to keeping these rooms a wonderful, caring and compassionate space.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could copy and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign it with your username like this:

Signed: //Heather//
Date: 7/27/2015

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this oath. As a special honour, it will show beside your name in the chat rooms to show your commitment to ensuring these rooms are a safe environment. All you need to do is post the oath to ensure you earn it!

impartialDrum1848 May 21st, 2020

I, Laura pledge To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed, Laura,

impartialDrum1848 May 22nd, 2020

I, impartialDrum1848 pledge To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed, impartialDrum1848

CuddlyCoffeeBean May 24th, 2020

@Heather

@Heather

I, CuddlyCoffeeBean, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests.

To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed: CuddlyCoffeeBean

UltimateUnicorn1000 June 27th, 2020

@Heather

I, UI1000, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed: UI1000

6/28

brightStrawberry3166 July 3rd, 2020

I, brightStrawberry3166, pledge,

Signed :brightStrawberry3166

Date :03/07/2020

optimisticRaspberries5247 July 3rd, 2020

I, Rasp/Cynthia, pledge,

Signed: Raps/Cynthia
7/3/20

SkyGlitters July 7th, 2020

@Heather

I, SkyGlitters, pledge,

depressedsatellite1452 July 23rd, 2020

I, depressedsatellite1452, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded, and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members, and guests.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations that are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

Signed: brightStrawberry3166

07/22/2020

IncrediblyBlue August 22nd, 2020

I, IncrediblyBlue, pledge,

Signed: IncrediblyBlue
8/22/20

SkullCrusher1989 October 24th, 2020

@Heather

I, SkullCrusher1989 , pledge,

Signed: SkullCrusher1989

10/1/20

SkullCrusher1989 October 24th, 2020

@Heather

I, SkullCrusher1989 , pledge,

Signed: SkullCrusher1989

24/10/2020

WolfieChocolateTeaCupPup October 29th, 2020

@Heather

I, Aayla, pledge,

To never engage in harmful �behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

Signed: Wolfie
10/29/2020

WolfieChocolateTeaCupPup October 29th, 2020

@WolfieChocolateTeaCupPup

Wolfie.

littlenothingness December 11th, 2020

@Heather

I,littlenothingness, pledge,

Signed littlenothingness
12/11/20

February 6th, 2021

I, LilacLepidoptera, pledge,

To never engage in harmful behavior, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

Signed: LilacLepidoptera
Date: February 6th, 2020

kij12 March 17th, 2021

thanks guys

kij12 March 17th, 2021

idk how it work ,i do thoth ,but what else should i do

warmheartedApple5285 April 12th, 2021

I, warmheartedApple5285, pledge,

Signed: warmheartedApple5285

4/12/2021

IcicleSnown April 16th, 2021

@Heather

I, IcicleSnown, pledge to show compassion, to consider people's feelings, and to be good.

I will not abuse this opportunity, and I will be responsible.

IcicleSnown April 16th, 2021

@Heather

I, IcicleSnown, pledge to show compassion, to be considerate, and to be understanding.

I will not abuse this opportunity, and I will be responsible and mature.

Signed: //IcicleShown//

Lemur85 June 19th, 2021

I, Lemur85, pledge,

Signed: Lemur85

6/19/21

calmMoon2479 June 19th, 2021

I, calmMoon2479 pledge,

ve3ciel June 27th, 2021

I, Vee, pledge,

Signed: Vee

aceberry July 14th, 2021

I, aceberry, pledge,

Signed aceberry
7/14/21

September 1st, 2021

I, Nerdtastic, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //Nerdtastic//
Date: 09/01/2021

CheerySandi April 28th, 2022

@Heather

I, Cheerysandi, pledge,

Signed Cheerysandi

28/4/21

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 25th, 2022

bump-reminder.gif

Supergirl134679 November 13th, 2022

@Heather

I, Super_girl134679, pledge,

Signed: Super_girl134679

11/13/22

November 19th, 2022

Today, I would like all of our 7 Cups to chat room users to show their support and commitment to keeping these rooms a wonderful, caring and compassionate space.

Bluedophin12

Barltik2065 June 28th, 2023

@Heather

I, Barltik2065, pledge,

Signed: Barltik2065
June 28, 2023

determinedHemlock9877 August 9th, 2023

@Heather

I, determinedHemlock9877, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7 cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open mindedness, and being non-judgemental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate. any concerns faced during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of m own behavior in the community and understand that how I will react to any situation is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and be a support to my fellow members as we build a better community for everyone.

Signed, determinedHemlock9877

Filmlover12 November 18th, 2023

I hope and joy 12

I hope and joy 12