Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Course 1, Discussion 3: Avoiding Burnout

Hope December 5th, 2022

7 Cups is founded on a community of passionate volunteers who lovingly dedicate their time to providing support.

You may face what is called burnout during your journey. You may have already faced this in your real life. Burnout is very real and must be recognized. You can't help fuel someone else when your tank is empty, after all!

Fk1xOHblkm3KQh9FyFaWOO-1omw12ML-tVp1Z65norZNGhuxnqYdDKvdLd8QCpvP7YL7QXw6PHnRFFztj_552GD9V6HAYE3OtyEiwr4wY4LXVBhBpZII2mlee4HhSoXRSa_p6937nSoqyvHCx-MZ5Yu_dqzBDvKo0sLSKmoulMtcLoNwiBb0DikQgEo7Fw

View picture source here

To address and learn about burnout, we have created a slidedeck on how to avoid burnout.

✒️ We also recommend this growth path on preventing burnout at 7 Cups.

✒️ Activity: Take 5 steps on the burnout prevention path linked above. Post in this thread to let us know you have completed at least 5 steps.

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! tinyurl.com/Course1Discussion4

🔉This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program, find information on it here tinyurl.com/AcademyLDP

TabbyCat97 June 3rd, 2023

@MagnificentSunrise

Yaayy Sunrise! You're awesome :) ♡

Littlefairy28 May 11th, 2023

@Hope

I completed all the steps

Nvlmi May 15th, 2023

✒️ Activity: Take 5 steps on the burnout prevention path linked above. Post in this thread to let us know you have completed at least 5 steps.

Yes, I have completed at least 5 or more.

SnowTabby May 18th, 2023

@Hope
I read through the first 5 fixed steps of burnout and then read/responded to the following 5 repeat steps. I know I have burnout so this was helpful to be reminded of but I have been getting out of it slowly the past few weeks.

SanityPromoter159 May 19th, 2023

@Hope Done here

JLisjustlistening June 2nd, 2023

@Hope

I have completed the 5 steps. It is easy to ignore the signs and symptoms as "normal" living.

MaggieListens00 June 12th, 2023

@JLisjustlistening

Happy to hear youre identifying any potential issues, thanks for sharing 😄

TabbyCat97 June 3rd, 2023

@Hope

✒️ We also recommend this growth path on preventing burnout at 7 Cups.

-Taken Path :)

1) Communicating your needs- I reached out to my mentor, discussed roles that I was finding overwhelming and came up with a plan.

2) Self care break - I had a self care break from Sunday-Wednesday this week!

3) Evaluate your workload periodically - I have a list of what roles I have, and what academy programs I am on, and what I still need to do requirement wise for them, this really helps me :3

4) Know when to say no - I am working on not saying yes straight away, stepping back and asking for some time to think about a new role, and looking at my workload - if I don't feel I can take another role on, I will say no.

5) Accountability - Planning more self care breaks, and using these steps more :o

beck1 June 21st, 2023

@TabbyCat97 So proud of you for taking LDP. You are already such an amazing leader! Look forward to hearing more about the things you learn by doing this program

lovelyApple6441 August 16th, 2023

@TabbyCat97 This was such a detailed and thorough response. Glad to hear you've been actively evaluating your own needs and putting in the effort to prevent burnout.

MaggieListens00 June 12th, 2023

@Hope

Taken my five steps, it was really great to reflect on an important topic - thanks again for the great paths. I will definitely continue it!

beck1 June 21st, 2023

@Hope

I've taken 5 steps. It was also great to read up on burn out again. It was a good refresher

RosaHere June 28th, 2023

@beck1 Yayy Beck!

Jenna June 22nd, 2023

@Hope

That was really good information. I completed the 5 steps.

Mahad2804 June 22nd, 2023

Taken 5 steps @Hope!

Thanks for making such a wonderful path!

Mahad2804 June 22nd, 2023

1 of my peers is too few, so here's to all of my peers:

You guys are AMAZING!!! You take time out of your day to help make someone's day brighter or make their burden a bit lighter and I'm so soo grateful to have all of you as my peers and be a part of this amazing community. You guys rock and I wish you all the very best in life!

Take care and have a nice day!

nokhushionlygham July 20th, 2023

@Mahad2804

You're really sweet! Hope you have a good day tooo!!

RosaHere June 28th, 2023

I've taken 5 steps!

Artalistens July 28th, 2023

@RosaHere

congratulations on your accomplishment! I hope it was helpful for you.

Rivelino3 June 30th, 2023

Completed the full growth Path ! Lovely quiz and detailed and informative pointers all throughout 💛

Gilbird July 8th, 2023

@Hope

I just completed the burnout quiz and a few steps on the path. I think it's great to remember to have several days per week to log off and/or to schedule hours of log-in time everyday.

nokhushionlygham July 20th, 2023

@Hope

I did all the 5 steps!!!! yayy

Artalistens July 28th, 2023

@Hope

Five steps have been completed! Very informative!

DisLifeNot July 31st, 2023

@Hope Thank you for your post! I've taken 5 steps on the path about burnout prevention, it was very informative!

warmheartedCamp3360 August 3rd, 2023

@DisLifeNot congratulations buddy and...I hv been finding ur posts above mine and u gonna be that 1 peer I ll be appreciating in this journey 😉❤️

warmheartedCamp3360 August 3rd, 2023

@Hope

5 steps done, yayy !! Looking forward to complete the whole path in the coming days ❤️

pandanfe August 10th, 2023

@warmheartedCamp3360

Yay! congratulations on your journey with LDP camp.

pandanfe August 10th, 2023

@Hope

I've completed 5 or more steps on "Preventing Burnout at 7 Cups" Path.

Grace3012 September 29th, 2023

@pandanfe

That's a great step. Keep going , u are awesome!

lovelyApple6441 August 16th, 2023

@Hope

As someone who is prone to burnout, the 5 growth path steps were relatable and informative. I am glad the subject is being addressed :))

LoveMyMoonflowers August 30th, 2023

@lovelyApple6441

I am glad it is being addressed as well 💛 Congratulations on this journey, friend 💛

LOOPHOLE August 27th, 2023

@Hope

Thank you for the steps .

I have taken the 5 steps.

LightsFromDark August 28th, 2023

I did 5 steps

LoveMyMoonflowers August 30th, 2023

I have taken five steps on the burnout path 💛 thank you so much :)

Grace3012 September 29th, 2023

@Hope

I loved the slides and I have completed 5 paths! :))

SilverSeastar September 30th, 2023

@Grace3012

Yayy, well done! 🌟 I hope you enjoyed the process.

SilverSeastar September 30th, 2023

Done! 🩵

bestBraveheart57 October 9th, 2023

@SilverSeastar

I am glad. Keep it up!

bestBraveheart57 October 9th, 2023

@Hope

7 Path steps passed

8grim8 October 16th, 2023

@bestBraveheart57
Great work!