Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Course 1, Discussion 3: Avoiding Burnout

Hope December 5th, 2022

7 Cups is founded on a community of passionate volunteers who lovingly dedicate their time to providing support.

You may face what is called burnout during your journey. You may have already faced this in your real life. Burnout is very real and must be recognized. You can't help fuel someone else when your tank is empty, after all!

Fk1xOHblkm3KQh9FyFaWOO-1omw12ML-tVp1Z65norZNGhuxnqYdDKvdLd8QCpvP7YL7QXw6PHnRFFztj_552GD9V6HAYE3OtyEiwr4wY4LXVBhBpZII2mlee4HhSoXRSa_p6937nSoqyvHCx-MZ5Yu_dqzBDvKo0sLSKmoulMtcLoNwiBb0DikQgEo7Fw

View picture source here

To address and learn about burnout, we have created a slidedeck on how to avoid burnout.

✒️ We also recommend this growth path on preventing burnout at 7 Cups.

✒️ Activity: Take 5 steps on the burnout prevention path linked above. Post in this thread to let us know you have completed at least 5 steps.

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! tinyurl.com/Course1Discussion4

🔉This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program, find information on it here tinyurl.com/AcademyLDP

8grim8 October 16th, 2023

✒️ Activity: Take 5 steps on the burnout prevention path linked above. Post in this thread to let us know you have completed at least 5 steps. 
I have completed up to step 20 of the burnout prevention path! It is interesting to know these sorts of things, and how your mental health can be affected by pretty much anything, including dedicating your time to others. I will make sure to give myself enough breaks and time too:)

Shannon1996 October 31st, 2023

@Hope

I found this really interesting, and have completed 5 steps.

ChillingRain November 6th, 2023

@Shannon1996 Great work, friend! Good luck on your program! 🖤

ChillingRain November 6th, 2023

@Hope

✒️ We also recommend this growth path on preventing burnout at 7 Cups.

- Started the path and took a few steps! 

✒️ Activity: Take 5 steps on the burnout prevention path linked above. Post in this thread to let us know you have completed at least 5 steps. 

- I completed the 5 steps! And I've learned some stuff. I created a list of my roles: the time commitment and their values. I have a better understanding of my tasks now. 

I plan on taking self care breaks when I am tired instead of pushing through the work now that I understand burnout. I used to simply power through it. 

WeEarth November 6th, 2023

@Hope

Task Completed - 11 Path steps

ABrightBlueHeart November 10th, 2023

@WeEarth

Oh hey! That's super! :')

ABrightBlueHeart November 10th, 2023

@Hope

Completed 5 steps and looking forward to doing more! 

Kristynsmama November 28th, 2023

@ABrightBlueHeart

how are you doing in preventing burnout?

crypticwhisperss1 December 11th, 2023

@ABrightBlueHeart

Your dedication is inspiring. I am sure that this growth path will continue helping you avert from potential burnouts in the future. Remember, every step counts and contributes to your personal development. You are doing amazing, and I am proud of you. Have a lovely day! 💖💞

~ Xaverie

Kristynsmama November 28th, 2023

@Hope

✒️ We also recommend this growth path on preventing burnout at 7 Cups.

I completed the growth path.

✒️ Activity: Take 5 steps on the burnout prevention path linked above. Post in this thread to let us know you have completed at least 5 steps. 

Done 

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

@BrightBlueHeart how are you doing on preventing burnout?

CaringSub November 29th, 2023

@Kristynsmama

You are doing great!

Kristynsmama November 29th, 2023

@CaringSub

Thank you my accountability buddy!  You are too.  I haven't been on the forums since this afternoon, but I will be checking and of your responses and responding to them this evening.  :)  It's great to be on this journey with you!

As Always,

Kristy

CaringSub November 29th, 2023

@Hope

To address and learn about burnout, we have created a slidedeck on how to avoid burnout.

Done!

Done!

1.  Meditation
  2.  Breathing exercises
  3. Bathing/showering
  4. 4. Not taking on a General Listener Support chat
  5. 5. Sleep

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

@Kristynsmama - you are doing geat!

Soul576 November 30th, 2023

@CaringSub

I'm so glad you're taking care of yourself as well as others, you're doing a great job!!

NewYorker11 January 10th

@CaringSub

very nice self care and realization that you come first!

Soul576 November 30th, 2023

@Hope

I completed my 5 steps! I really enjoyed how informative it was!

Rosey16 December 1st, 2023

@Soul576

you are doing a great job 

SensitiveHelper03 December 5th, 2023

@Soul576 You are doing amazing!

Rosey16 December 1st, 2023

@Hope

i have completed 5 steps and really enjoyed it 

Comfortablesmile December 4th, 2023

@Rosey16

Congratulations 

Comfortablesmile December 4th, 2023

I've completed 5 steps 

Lunaire00 December 10th, 2023

@Comfortablesmile

I'm glad you have completed part of the pathway! 💜

SensitiveHelper03 December 5th, 2023

I've completed 5 steps!! :)

ReganL December 12th, 2023

@SensitiveHelper03

Great job!! Keep it up you are doing amazing!

~ Regan

Lunaire00 December 10th, 2023

I have completed the path and the quiz! ✅

Lillom December 11th, 2023

@Lunaire00

Good stuff 💪

serenePeace3726 January 30th

@Lunaire00 awesome job!💜

Lillom December 11th, 2023

@Hope

Completed 5 steps, read extra articles linked to healthline and helpguide

crypticwhisperss1 December 11th, 2023

@Hope

Hello there! I have taken the growth path of burnout prevention even before starting my Leadership Program. It was very informative, inspiring, and beneficial to helping me maintain my well-being and understand the signs of burnout on a deeper level. As far as I can remember, I have completed at least 5 steps. Thank you so much for making this important growth part a part of this program. 😊💖

Done! 🌸✨

safetysource12 December 22nd, 2023

Hi @dreamIcicle8467 

I am glad you are progressing so well! Congrats!

ReganL December 12th, 2023

@Hope

I've taken six steps! It is a wonderful path Hope! I also enjoy the slide show as well, I found both very educational!

~ Regan

AwarmHEART December 16th, 2023

@ReganL Keep it up dear!

AwarmHEART December 16th, 2023

@Hope I took 5 steps :)

calmstrawberry0608 January 1st

@AwarmHEART

You're doing great :)

safetysource12 December 22nd, 2023

Hi @Hope !

I have taken my 5 steps on the path !

calmstrawberry0608 January 1st

@Hope

I've taken 5 steps!

quietlistener2023 January 1st

@calmstrawberry0608 congratulations and all the best

quietlistener2023 January 1st

@HopeI completed 5 threads in the path

NewYorker11 January 10th

@Hope

Complete!

1) take self-care breaks: i took time from 7 Cups to exercise

2) too much of a good thing is a bad thing: i monitored my video game time and cut some of it off in order to read and write a little

3) self-caring the right way! : i practiced good mental, physical and spiritual hygienics and wellness today and every day

4) know when to say no: i said no to abusing my video game priveleges for the day and i spent some of this game time to instead learn some cooking from my mom

5) communicate your needs: i spoke with three awesome, awesome Mentors here on 7 Cups regarding my progress in the LDP program

complete!

DanCat1128 January 13th

@Dreamicicle8467 you're an amazing listener!!!!!

I took 5+ steps in the burnout path