Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Course 1, Discussion 3: Avoiding Burnout

Hope December 5th, 2022

7 Cups is founded on a community of passionate volunteers who lovingly dedicate their time to providing support.

You may face what is called burnout during your journey. You may have already faced this in your real life. Burnout is very real and must be recognized. You can't help fuel someone else when your tank is empty, after all!

Fk1xOHblkm3KQh9FyFaWOO-1omw12ML-tVp1Z65norZNGhuxnqYdDKvdLd8QCpvP7YL7QXw6PHnRFFztj_552GD9V6HAYE3OtyEiwr4wY4LXVBhBpZII2mlee4HhSoXRSa_p6937nSoqyvHCx-MZ5Yu_dqzBDvKo0sLSKmoulMtcLoNwiBb0DikQgEo7Fw

View picture source here

To address and learn about burnout, we have created a slidedeck on how to avoid burnout.

✒️ We also recommend this growth path on preventing burnout at 7 Cups.

✒️ Activity: Take 5 steps on the burnout prevention path linked above. Post in this thread to let us know you have completed at least 5 steps.

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! tinyurl.com/Course1Discussion4

🔉This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program, find information on it here tinyurl.com/AcademyLDP

WhereIsRed January 16th

@Hope

10 steps completed

serenePeace3726 January 30th

Did the first five steps! Will definitely finish.

ChromaticFinss February 3rd

@serenePeace3726 Good to hear that Serene!! I hope this path will definitely help you to be more peaceful and calm 💛

@serenePeace3726

Am so proud of you!!!! : )

ChromaticFinss February 3rd

I finished around 10 steps 😊

Snowy00 February 16th

@ChromaticFinss

Congratulations!!! You've got this! 💪 ♥

Countrygirl095 February 19th

@KaylaMaulfair yes, you got this too

wonderousLove3994 February 5th

@Hope I have finished the five steps

WishUponAStar968 February 19th

@wonderousLove3994

Thank you wonderousLove- didn't you find it helpful and interesting? I benefited a lot from a lot of the steps in burnout growth path!

Snowy00 February 16th

@Hope

I completed 5 paths! Also, I was a listener here from 2015 to 2018. During those 3 years, I took on so many tasks here, had a hard time saying no, and felt the need to help everyone. In the end, I ended up burning out and just deleting my account here. It took me 5 years to come back. I had been focusing on everyone else, and wasn't paying attention to my own needs. I ended up falling apart and it took me years to put myself back together. But thankfully, I have learned how to avoid burnout and how not to let my empathy for others keep me from maintaining the boundaries I put in place to protect myself.

I love this growth path and I am definitely going to keep doing it!

JustSophia February 22nd

@KaylaMaulfair

Your willingness to take that time for yourself and cultivate such awareness is admirable.  I'm sure the community is better for it, and it certainly sounds like you are as well.  Rock on, Kayla. 

sky2Ocean20 February 27th

@KaylaMaulfair

Glad that you shared it with us. Your coming back here after the ups and downs is inspiring. 💚

WishUponAStar968 February 19th

@Hope

Have taken the burnout path- more than 5, because I found it so relatable and so important in online and real life!  Also love the slide-deck! So helpful!

Countrygirl095 February 19th

@Hope We also recommend this growth path on preventing burnout at 7 Cups.

✒️ Activity: Take 5 steps on the burnout prevention path linked above. Post in this thread to let us know you have completed at least 5 steps. I have completed the five steps. It was a very good tool. I plan to use the outline just in case I do find myself getting burnt out.

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words! And I want to shout out all of the students are doing a great job if that's OK

JustSophia February 22nd

@Hope

I have completed more than 5 steps.  What I found most helpful is doing the exercise where I step back and evaluate how I'm spending my time here.   I found certain things are becoming more important and certain things are becoming less important and I need to maintain awareness about this.  I will be doing that exercise in the future. 

TheOnlyChresser February 25th

Nice!

4Jasmine February 26th

@JustSophia

I did the same thing. It was nice to know that I wasn't the only one who discovered this. Thank YOU for your post. It was great to know that I am not alone! 

TheOnlyChresser February 25th

I did 5 steps

4Jasmine February 26th

@Hope

I have completed more than 5 steps on Preventing Burnout. 

sky2Ocean20 February 27th

@Hope

I have taken the growth path. more than 10+ steps. It is such a useful tool to know about how to handle burnout. Loved the path steps and exercises. 

Renjik8013 March 10th

@sky2Ocean20

Good job on completing more than that!! Best of luck with your upcoming courses!

4Jasmine February 27th

@Hope

I have taken many more than 5 steps on the burnout prevention path. 

CatHanderOutNoah March 3rd

Did 5 steps! 

@sunnySea4551 - Good job on completing the 5 steps!! It’s amazing seeing you doing them hehe

PetiteSouris March 4th

@Hope @yourbuddy30

✒️ Activity: Take 5 steps on the burnout prevention path linked above. Post in this thread to let us know you have completed at least 5 steps.  Done

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!! @sky2Ocean20 Kudos to you! you went above and beyond the required 5 steps!! 

March 8th

@Hope

I have completed 5 steps.

Renjik8013 March 10th

I have completed more than 5 steps on the path!

Mik00l April 4th

@Renjik8013 there you go rinjik!! goodluck on the next step

daydreammemories March 11th

@Hope

daydreammemories March 11th

@daydreammemories

i studied the slides as well as taking the steps, thank ya'll 😇

Mik00l April 4th

@Hope
hello, i have taken the steps ..

@Hope

Have taken 5 steps and will continue! What a valuable path.

KristenHR May 16th

@gloomySunshine4673

I found it helpful and valuable as well.  I'm glad you found it a good resource. 

KristenHR May 16th

@Hope

✒️ Activity: Take 5 steps on the burnout prevention path linked above. Post in this thread to let us know you have completed at least 5 steps.

I have completed more than 5 steps.  I found this reading very interesting and a good review.  I have lead a workshop on this before at church with volunteers, and this is a great review.  I'd encourage other volunteers to take this path.

Ivy229 May 21st

@KristenHR

That sounds interesting :)

Ivy229 May 21st

@Hope

I have take at least 5 steps on the burnout prevention path linked above :)

tuffattack May 23rd

@Ivy229

Hi! Nice to meet you. How are you doing?

tuffattack May 23rd

I was already working on a few steps in the burnout growth path, so I am currently on step 39 :)

@tuffattack seems like you're a hard worker :)

@Hope I completed 5 steps! :))

whattospeak June 10th

@Hope

I have taken the 5 steps