Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Course 1, Discussion 3: Avoiding Burnout

Hope December 5th, 2022

7 Cups is founded on a community of passionate volunteers who lovingly dedicate their time to providing support.

You may face what is called burnout during your journey. You may have already faced this in your real life. Burnout is very real and must be recognized. You can't help fuel someone else when your tank is empty, after all!

Fk1xOHblkm3KQh9FyFaWOO-1omw12ML-tVp1Z65norZNGhuxnqYdDKvdLd8QCpvP7YL7QXw6PHnRFFztj_552GD9V6HAYE3OtyEiwr4wY4LXVBhBpZII2mlee4HhSoXRSa_p6937nSoqyvHCx-MZ5Yu_dqzBDvKo0sLSKmoulMtcLoNwiBb0DikQgEo7Fw

View picture source here

To address and learn about burnout, we have created a slidedeck on how to avoid burnout.

✒️ We also recommend this growth path on preventing burnout at 7 Cups.

✒️ Activity: Take 5 steps on the burnout prevention path linked above. Post in this thread to let us know you have completed at least 5 steps.

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! tinyurl.com/Course1Discussion4

🔉This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program, find information on it here tinyurl.com/AcademyLDP

December 12th, 2022

@Hope

Really enjoyed the slides and completing the quiz! I was already on the Burnout gowth pathway, on step 114! Definitely recommend this pathway to others!

Tagging the next person who posts :)

Mohamed10102121 July 16th

I was happy to discuss these ideas and I came to know the importance of the plan and system, but I needed more to regain my ideas, and I wish everyone change for the better and success.

Mohamed10102121 July 16th

@Mohamed10102121

I was also happy with the results of my test because I know myself better. I am truly social, I am happy to cooperate and help others, and I tend to be creative, participate, and feel for others.

CallumCares421 December 21st, 2022

@Hope

I've taken 5 steps :)

TheFantasticPengua December 21st, 2022

@CallumCares421b hello!

CallumCares421 December 22nd, 2022

@TheFantasticPengua
Hi :D

wonderousLove3994 February 5th

@CallumCares421 Congratulations! sounds interesting 

patientShell1003 June 19th

@CallumCares421 That's good.

TheFantasticPengua December 21st, 2022

@Hope I've done 5 steps!

December 23rd, 2022

@TheFantasticPengua

Congratulationsssssss on completing the 5 steps!

purplelady568 January 7th, 2023

@LlamaLizz Thank you for being so encouraging to everyone!

sunnySea4551 January 3rd, 2023

@Hope

I've taken 5 steps :)

@sunnySea4551 Yay, congrats on completing 5 steps! I hope you have a better idea of how to prevent burnout.

kindJewel5362 February 6th, 2023

@sunnySea4551

5 steps completed. Very very informative.

You go girl!!

DisLifeNot July 31st, 2023

@kindJewel5362 Congratulations on completing 5 steps!

jadenrjc7 April 29th, 2023

@sunnySea4551

Go you!

NanditaB January 6th, 2023

@Hope

Really enjoyed the slides and completing the quiz! Definitely recommend this pathway to others!

January 6th, 2023

@NanditaB

Yes I totally agree with you!

jasishereforallofu January 23rd, 2023

@NanditaB They are absolutely amazing😊

I completed at least 5 steps. I appreciate the templates and the rating scale, to give a better idea of what needs to be prioritized, and what is the most vs least important task.

JasmineFlower222 January 21st, 2023

@purplelady568 yay *high five*

JasmineFlower222 January 21st, 2023

I've done 5 steps on the path ❤️

AvyIsKing February 13th, 2023

@JasmineFlower222

yayyyy<3 congrats on completeing your steps. I wish you all the best on your journey :D

jasishereforallofu January 23rd, 2023

@Hope Take 5 steps on the burnout prevention path linked above. Post in this thread to let us know you have completed at least 5 steps.

Ive taken it and found it very interesting.

Shannon1996 October 30th, 2023

@jasmineishereforu well done for completing the 5 steps!!

Chloe1644 January 29th, 2023

@Hope

hey I found this really helpful as I didn't know much about burnout

YourCaringConfidant February 9th, 2023

@Chloe1644 I am so glad that you found this growth path on burnout beneficial! I hope you know that if you were to able experience it that there are amazing people (chat support, peer supporters, etc) that you can reach out and talk to. Doing so will ensure that you are not alone. Self care is so important and so are you!

Ivy229 May 21st

@Chloe1644

I am glad you were able to learn about burnout by participating in this activity :)

YourCaringConfidant February 9th, 2023
@Hope
Thank you for posting about the growth path on burnout. It is truly beneficial. I have already started on the growth path and will be going through it all. I, personally, have not experienced burnout yet on 7cups since I have been back because I try not to take on too many things to overwhelm me. I have no problem at politely declining things that I feel would be too much on my plate. Burnout is very real and I am so glad that there are people we can connect with if I were to ever experience it.
BenittaJ February 13th, 2023

@Hope

hi5 to the 5 steps . Thankyou for the content.

daydreammemories March 11th

@BenittaJ

awesome step, well done! :)

AvyIsKing February 13th, 2023

I did my 5 steps. I think i recently experienced a burnout, and just knowing about it now, i hope next time, i can acknowledge it better and help myself get out of it <3

iPHOENIX February 15th, 2023

@Jefferythebunny319

I am glad to know that you are able to tackle the burnout, hope you are doing well.

Trintzu March 3rd, 2023

@Jefferythebunny319 this is so good to hear! You are doing good job ☺️

iPHOENIX February 15th, 2023

I did complete the 5 steps, and I do think it's really important, not just here but overall out work and things we do. Thank you for making the growth path @Hope.

Mitanshi003 February 17th, 2023

@iPHOENIX

Mhm, indeed. It is important to practice self-care and healthy boundaries to avoid burnout. I'm glad you liked the growth path. 🍀

Mitanshi003 February 17th, 2023

@Hope

I've completed 5 steps of the growth path. Thank you for creating the growth path, Hope. It was thorough with the concept of Burnout.
I've felt burnout quite a few times in the community because I used to lack boundaries. However, over time I've learned the importance of healthy boundaries. 🍀

EnigmaticCat24 February 19th, 2023

@Mitanshi003. Good to hear you learnt about healthy boundaries and doing ok.

calmingsun111 March 5th, 2023

@Mitanshi003 yeyyy, we are on the same path, great. please know that you are doing good job. :)

EnigmaticCat24 February 19th, 2023

@Hope. I have completed 5 steps. Thanks for recommending such a beneficial growth path. Learned lot about burnout.