Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Course 1, Discussion 1: MBTI Personality Types

Hope December 5th, 2022

Hello Leadership Crew!

Please make sure you have introduced yourself here before taking part in the discussion!

Let me first zoom back and talk more broadly about your career and how we can help. When you become a leader on 7 Cups, we want you to find the work fulfilling. Fulfilling work means that it is:

a) work you are good at;

b) work that is interesting to you; and

c) work that solves an important problem or meets an important goal (Thiel, 2015).

The sweet spot is that blue area in the middle below.

Work Alignment Diagram

If you do work that you are good at, but not interested in, then you wont do a great job. If you do work that you are interested in, but not particularly good at, then it wont be great work. If you do work that you are good at and interested in, but it isnt helping to solve an important problem, then we wont be a good fit for you. We need alignment on all 3 things. We work very hard at the beginning of your work with us to match your inherent strengths and interests with needs we have so that we can work together to solve problems that we all care about.

You have strengths, things that you are just really good at when compared with others. Operating out of your strengths feels good, is personally fulfilling, and enables you to hit flow states. As a result, you are much more effective and productive. Operating out of weaknesses is a drain. If you have to do work that you are not good at, then you wont be as effective. Doubling down on your strengths enables you to level up much faster and it helps 7 Cups make much more progress.

The next step becomes helping you find ways to identify your strengths, gifts or natural talents. You can learn some of this through self-observation - what do you seem especially good at? Are there things that just come natural to you that are more challenging for others? My wife, for example, is really good at writing; it just comes natural to her. Im pretty good at public speaking, whereas others find it more challenging.

Another way is to ask people you trust. You can say: What do you think Im good at? Or: what do you think are my top 1-3 strengths? Things that stand out to you about me? Note: only ask people you trust because sometimes people can give you feedback in a harmful rather than helpful way especially if they are not trustworthy.

For the purposes of this course, we are going to use personality tests to help you identify your strengths. Some of these are better than others; they are more reliable and have more research behind them. Broadly, we are using them here to help you begin to map out your strengths and to help you find ways where you can naturally excel here on 7 Cups, in your personal life, and in whatever career your are in or choose further down the road.

To start:

Go to this site here and take the test: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Next, in the thread below, answer the following questions:

✒️ What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please (Example: INTJ)

✒️ What were the main things you learned about yourself?

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

❗After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! tinyurl.com/Course1Discussion2

🔉This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program, find information on it here tinyurl.com/AcademyLDP

YourCaringConfidant February 14th, 2023

@FrenchMarbles Thank you for your sweet words! <3 Back at you. :)

iPHOENIX February 14th, 2023

@YourCaringConfidant

Well it seems we also have same personality trait :)And yes, it doesn't define you. It just gives you an idea.

YourCaringConfidant February 14th, 2023

@iPHOENIX What a great personality trait you have! <3

Artalistens July 25th, 2023

@youtcaringconfidant

Those are all great traits to have and I like how you don’t latch the personality test define what you think of yourself. I do agree that it is kind of neat to see if what the personality test say about your match

BenittaJ February 13th, 2023

@Hope

Logician - INTPA

My strengths -

analytical

original

open minded

objective

curious

My weakness -

disconnected

dissatisfied

insensitive

impatient

perfectionist

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

Dear all ! This forum might be very confusing for some like me. Still we got this we can do this 😂

FrenchMarbles February 13th, 2023

@BenittaJ

Hi there, welcome to the program! I'm excited too! It's a little confusing at first glance, but check the emails so you can see the summary document [I've attached it here for ease]

You could also reach out to a mentor if you're overwhelmed; we've got this!

Frenchie

4Jasmine February 25th

@FrenchMarbles

Thank you for your encouragement! Teaching an "old dog" new tricks is challenging. I'll catch on, but it may take me a bit.👍

4Jasmine February 25th

@FrenchMarbles

I have no idea how or who to reach out to for mentoring. 🤔

✒️ What is your personality type? Include your four letters, please (Example: INTJ)

Campaigner ENFP-T [Campaigners are enthusiastic, creative, and friendly free spirits who can always find a reason to smile.]

• Extraverted individuals readily enjoy group activities and value social interaction. They tend to be outwardly enthusiastic and express their excitement. [52% Extraverted & 48% Introverted]
  • Intuitive individuals are very imaginative, open-minded, and curious. They value originality and focus on hidden meanings and distant possibilities. [73% Intuitive & 27% Observant]
  • Feeling individuals value emotional expression and sensitivity. They place great importance on empathy, social harmony, and cooperation. [41% Thinking & 59% Feeling]
  • Prospecting individuals are very good at improvising and adapting to opportunities. They tend to be flexible nonconformists who value novelty above stability. [36% Judging & 64% Prospecting]
  • Turbulent individuals are self-conscious and sensitive to stress. They feel a sense of urgency in their emotions and tend to be success-driven, perfectionistic, and eager to improve. [0% Assertive & 100% Turbulent]

@FrenchMarbles

Aww Frenchie thanks for helping 💐

@FrenchMarbles

There's only 4 courses?? I thought 5😁

@BenittaJ There is five, but split into four I believe <3

iPHOENIX February 14th, 2023

INFP-A / INFP-T

I did the test long before. And it made me ealise before iyself my quality of listening people, even if I don't agree. So that's something I believe one of my strength. And I understand myself as an introvert or ambivert. But still I don't believe the test defines me or anything but yeah it gives you an idea and that's as much as we can expect from any tests :)

Mitanshi003 February 17th, 2023

@iPHOENIX

Mhm, I agree with you. Although the test gives us an overview of our personality type, we are the expert of ourselves and know ourselves the best. 🍀

Mitanshi003 February 17th, 2023

@Hope

1. What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please (Example: INTJ)
INFJ

2. What were the main things you learned about yourself?
I've come to appreciate the insights gained from understanding my personality type. One aspect of my personality that stands out is my Perfectionist trait, which can be a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it has propelled me to success in my career and education by driving me to perform at a high level. On the other hand, it can sometimes hinder my personal life, as I tend to hold myself and my relationships to an ideal standard that may not be realistic or sustainable.

"Perfectionism is both, a blessing and a curse".

EnigmaticCat24 February 18th, 2023

@Mitanshi003. Agree with you! I am also INFJ. Perfectionism is both, a blessing and a curse. So true.

Mrunal9710 February 18th, 2023

@Mitanshi003

"Perfection is both a blessing and curse"

Being a fellow INFJ I can vouch for this 😂

March 6th, 2023

@Mitanshi003

Yes, perfectionism is truly a double-edged sword!

I can relate to this

CurrySoup12 March 22nd, 2023

@Mitanshi003 I agree, sometimes perfectionism sucks!

Heart4art April 12th, 2023

@Mitanshi003 Personality traits are so interesting to me. I'm not perfectionistic in the slightest way, but I admire this trait in other people because I know I can depend on them to pay attention to detail. I see perfectionistic people as real key players if I'm working on a big project, because I know they will catch the things that I might overlook or miss!

EnigmaticCat24 February 18th, 2023

What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please (Example: INTJ)

INFJ-T Advocate

✒️ What were the main things you learned about yourself? Strength Creative – Advocates aren’t exactly like everyone else – and that’s a wonderful thing. People with this personality type embrace their creative side, always on the lookout for opportunities to express themselves and think outside the box. Insightful – These personalities know all too well that appearances can be misleading. Advocates strive to move beyond superficiality and seek out the deeper truths in life. This can give them an almost uncanny ability to understand people’s true motivations, feelings, and needs. Principled – Advocates tend to have strong beliefs and values, particularly when it comes to matters of ethics. When Advocates talk about topics close to their heart, their conviction and heartfelt idealism can inspire and persuade even the sternest of skeptics. Passionate – Advocates crave a sense of purpose in life. Rather than living on autopilot or sticking to the status quo, they want to chase after their ideals. This isn’t a personality type that shies away from big dreams – in fact, Advocates are energized and impassioned by the beauty of their visions for the future. Weakness. Altruistic – People with this personality type aren’t happy to succeed at another person’s expense. Advocates want to use their strengths for the greater good, and they rarely lose sight of how their words and actions might affect others. In their heart of hearts, they want to make the world a better place, starting with the people around them. Sensitive to Criticism – Advocates aren’t averse to feedback – that is, unless they believe that someone is challenging their most cherished principles or values. When it comes to the issues that are near and dear to them, people with this personality type can become defensive or dismissive.

calmingsun111 February 26th, 2023

@Hope

Hey hey :)

Looks like I am INFP-A! Haha! In the past I had close to ISFP and INTJ. Funny how people change. I love it. :)

I did not learn anything new, I feel like everything what is written in any area is so true, haha!

Trintzu March 2nd, 2023

@calmingsun111 You just felt like you were reading truly about yourself, huh? I read about the INFP-A and you seem really interesting person to me!

Heartsandrosesandpaws March 5th, 2023

@calmingsun111

I can relate on not learning any thing knew from this test.

good luck to you with this program

beyoutofullkalon March 8th, 2023

@calmingsun111

Hey, I agree with you 100%. But that feeling of connecting with yourself and the shock-factor that "OMG this site knows me!!" is so gratifying, right?

Trintzu March 2nd, 2023

@Hope

Fun fact, I am INTJ. 💁

I have done the same test earlier and I wasn't surprised about the same results, because INTJ people are analytical problem-solvers, eager to improve systems and processes with innovative ideas. In outside 7 Cups, I am working in the exact position where these characteristics are required.

March 6th, 2023

@Trintzu

Yeah, as an ENTJ, I can relate to this. I'm too a problem solver :)

Heartsandrosesandpaws March 5th, 2023

1 esfj the caregiver

2 I did not learn any thing. New from this test since I. Already knew all of it before.

MagnificentSunrise May 10th, 2023

Being a caregiver sounds like it is good as a listener! 😊

It seems that you already know yourself well! That is great! 😀 Self-reflections is important!

March 6th, 2023

What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please (Example: INTJ)

ENTJ-A (The Commander)

What were the main things you learned about yourself?

Not much, as I've already taken this test in the past

spedolivia April 13th, 2023

@charmingFlower8111

felt the exact same way when i took it the second time, got the same answer lol

LiveLoveListen0808 June 2nd, 2023

@charmingFlower8111
I'm an ENTJ too and I completely relate to your personality.

vivelespatates March 6th, 2023

@Hope
First this test is different from the personally tests at work that we use where I live. (the RIASEC)

The result was ISTJ and it seemed fit to me, especially, the need of structure, clear rules, honestly (thought it learned me that i need to be more careful to not hurt people's feeling due to this)

JoyHappyNess March 12th, 2023

@vivelespatates

Interesting Patates and your ability to notice that Je Ne Sais Quoi that separates this test from the ones at your work. I agree with you 💯. This test is a perfect fit, more like a mirror to who we are.

beyoutofullkalon March 8th, 2023

@Hope

@Hope

INFJ- the Advocate

✒️ What were the main things you learned about yourself
T
he results page and the information provided about the INFJ personality type felt as though someone had discovered who I indeed was- I didn't feel alone or weird but for some reason, I felt accepted. I found that my intuition did have some ground to it and wasn't a "random" voice in my head. It made most of my uncanny habits seem "validated" like the chase for perfection for one. At the same time, behaviours like "door slamming" found an explanation and all in all I seemed to have become more self-aware inter-alia of boons like compassion and flaws like people-pleasing.

@beyoutofullkalon

It's nice to learn that you found an explanation to some of the reasons why you do some things, such as chase of perfection. I think nothing beats self discovery.

@JoyHappyNess

Chase for perfection... (Correction)

@Hope

ENFP

1. Can easily find interest in everything. As long as I have the details, this statement is so true.

2. Nothing is unimportant to me. I always tend believe that everything around me is connected. Nothing happens by coincidence... what even is coincidence?😜

3. Easily shares their interests. So true, I always start with, "This might help you in the future then blah blah blah 😂"

4. Friendship is an opportunity to see the universe through another person’s eyes. Exactly 💯. I'm always curious with other people's perspectives on the matter. Very curious in the curiosity killed the cat way🤭.

5. I feel drawn to befriend people who are relatively shy or reserved. Then I try to make them open up.

6. I find it difficult to accept that I can’t befriend everyone.

7. It can be hard to maintain motivation in a job that doesn’t enable me to help people or create community in some way.

8. Very joyful 😌

9. Higher chances of standing out in a crowd.

10. Initial inspiration and interest, then struggle with discipline.

11. Fun but always wants to have personal connections

KarmaTheRascal March 24th, 2023

@JoyHappyNess

This is very interesting. You have a great personality, I like it. ❤️

broadfemmelovelive April 3rd, 2023

@JoyHappyNess

Hey Joy, I also received ENFP. I am excited to see others with the same results. :)