Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Course 1, Discussion 1: MBTI Personality Types

Hope December 5th, 2022

Hello Leadership Crew!

Please make sure you have introduced yourself here before taking part in the discussion!

Let me first zoom back and talk more broadly about your career and how we can help. When you become a leader on 7 Cups, we want you to find the work fulfilling. Fulfilling work means that it is:

a) work you are good at;

b) work that is interesting to you; and

c) work that solves an important problem or meets an important goal (Thiel, 2015).

The sweet spot is that blue area in the middle below.

Work Alignment Diagram

If you do work that you are good at, but not interested in, then you wont do a great job. If you do work that you are interested in, but not particularly good at, then it wont be great work. If you do work that you are good at and interested in, but it isnt helping to solve an important problem, then we wont be a good fit for you. We need alignment on all 3 things. We work very hard at the beginning of your work with us to match your inherent strengths and interests with needs we have so that we can work together to solve problems that we all care about.

You have strengths, things that you are just really good at when compared with others. Operating out of your strengths feels good, is personally fulfilling, and enables you to hit flow states. As a result, you are much more effective and productive. Operating out of weaknesses is a drain. If you have to do work that you are not good at, then you wont be as effective. Doubling down on your strengths enables you to level up much faster and it helps 7 Cups make much more progress.

The next step becomes helping you find ways to identify your strengths, gifts or natural talents. You can learn some of this through self-observation - what do you seem especially good at? Are there things that just come natural to you that are more challenging for others? My wife, for example, is really good at writing; it just comes natural to her. Im pretty good at public speaking, whereas others find it more challenging.

Another way is to ask people you trust. You can say: What do you think Im good at? Or: what do you think are my top 1-3 strengths? Things that stand out to you about me? Note: only ask people you trust because sometimes people can give you feedback in a harmful rather than helpful way especially if they are not trustworthy.

For the purposes of this course, we are going to use personality tests to help you identify your strengths. Some of these are better than others; they are more reliable and have more research behind them. Broadly, we are using them here to help you begin to map out your strengths and to help you find ways where you can naturally excel here on 7 Cups, in your personal life, and in whatever career your are in or choose further down the road.

To start:

Go to this site here and take the test: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Next, in the thread below, answer the following questions:

✒️ What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please (Example: INTJ)

✒️ What were the main things you learned about yourself?

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

❗After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! tinyurl.com/Course1Discussion2

🔉This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program, find information on it here tinyurl.com/AcademyLDP

eternalCloud4864 March 27th, 2023

Great

Mohamed10102121 July 16th

@eternalCloud4864

هذا جيد and great and beautiful 

December 8th, 2022

@Hope, thank you for the warm welcome!

My personality type was Advocate (INFJ-T)

My results, further greatened my understanding about myself. I already considered myself an introvert, and open-minded person. Something I learnt was that, I'm considered self-conscious, sensitive to stress, and always eager to improve. I'm definitely someone who doesn't give up easily and strives until they succeed.

There aren't any other replies to tag someone, so tagging back to @Hope

CallumCares421 December 19th, 2022

I am an INFJ as well :)

Well, I learned that I was more of an introvert when I thought I was an extrovert, I also learned that being independent isn't a bad thing.

December 20th, 2022

@CallumCares421

Woahhhh! I think we are Myer Briggs twins!!!!!

TheFantasticPengua December 20th, 2022

@CallumCares421

I am too! :)

Chloe1644 January 26th, 2023

@CallumCares421

Hey thats good

NanditaB January 6th, 2023

@LlamaLizz Thats so nice

@LlamaLizz Thats nice :)

wonderousLove3994 January 29th

sounds exciting

Ivy229 May 21st

I also am an INFJ-T :)

patientShell1003 June 18th

Very good

Mohamed10102121 July 16th

My personality is infj A, a defender, and I am happy with everything I have learned about myself because it makes me feel the value of what I offer to make others happy, and I hope to be better by the end of this cycle.

TheFantasticPengua December 20th, 2022

@Hope

1. INFJ.

2. I've known about this for a while since we've done a lot of these in school. I know that I can be assertive at times, but the introverted part is pretty new here. I'm pretty logical and have a lot of rational ways of thinking. I do value close connections as well.

JasmineFlower222 January 16th, 2023

@TheFantasticPengua

Yay twins! ❤️

sunnySea4551 January 3rd, 2023

@Hope

Assertive Virtuoso (ISTP-A)

Well, I learned that I am an introvert, I also learned that being independent is a good thing for me.

Hope4Tomorrow32 May 19th

@sunnySea4551 So proud of you keep going 

@Hope Thanks

1. Assertive Mediator (INFP-A)

2. I am mostly Intuitive. I’m very imaginative and open-minded, focusing on hidden meanings and distant possibilities. I value emotional expression and sensitivity, prioritizing empathy, social harmony, and cooperation.

purplelady568 January 7th, 2023

@NanditaB Hi! Wow, those all sound nlike valuable characteristics! Thanks for sharing your results with us.

calmingsun111 February 26th, 2023

@NanditaB hi hii!!! same here! :P

Gilbird June 29th, 2023

@NanditaB

Great analysis of yourself! It's nice that you got to explore so many sides of yourself. I also got the same personality type, the specific percentages must create the differences.

Comfortablesmile December 4th, 2023

@NanditaB

Hi dear, is good to know that there are people like me.

crypticwhisperss1 December 8th, 2023

@NanditaB

Hello! I believe that INFPs have unique traits and creative ways of thinking. It's beautiful that you are an empathetic and harmonious person. Please continue being you and don't let anyone tell you otherwise about your amazing personality! Have a great day! 😊💗

~ Xaverie

LonleyCheese January 6th, 2023

i got infp-t apparently I am sensetive and care a lot about other people and yeah I mean kinda, might have to try it again though

@LonleyCheese Hello there! I'm glad you leanred some new things about yourself. I agree that I did not get my usual result on this test, either.

@Hope Hello, everybody! My test result was Adventurer (ISFP-T).

In previous tests, I got Mediator or Advocate (INFP/INFJ).

Main points l learned - It said I am 57% introverted, which sounds about right. I like to call myself a "recovering introvert". I learned that I value feeling more than thinking, and that I am slightly more "turbulent" (57%). I also realize that my answers can change slightly, based on my current mood or circumstances.

kindJewel5362 February 6th, 2023

@purplelady568

Awesome!!

JasmineFlower222 January 16th, 2023

What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please (Example: INTJ)

My personality type was INFJ-T Advocate

What were the main things you learned about yourself?

I learned that I always put others before myself and I deeply care about those who are close to me.

jasishereforallofu January 23rd, 2023

@JasmineFlower222 im also INFJT, 😊

YourCaringConfidant February 9th, 2023

@JasmineFlower222 Awwww 🌺 that is absolutely the most beautiful quality to possess. You care for others deeply and that shows me that you have a great heart. Remember though, while caring and loving for others is why we are here.... you matter too and be sure to take time out to care about yourself and wellbeing too. I wish you happiness!

JasmineFlower222 February 9th, 2023

@YourCaringConfidant thank you ❤️

jasishereforallofu January 23rd, 2023

@Hope ✒️ What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please.

Advocate INFJT
I learned that I can inspire others & that I am a introverted also open minded and an empath which I think is a positive thing.
Chloe1644 January 26th, 2023

@Hope.

✒️ What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please (Example: INTJ) Defender ISFJ-T

✒️ What were the main things you learned about yourself? Not sure

kindJewel5362 February 6th, 2023

ENFP- Campaigner

I have always thought of myself as an ambivert with an introverted streak so it was definitely a surprise to see the big E come out. But come to think of it- yes. I really do thrive on connecting with people and finding all that is lovable about them in spite of how they present.

AvyIsKing February 6th, 2023

@kindJewel5362

I am glad that through your results you found out something new about yourself. And i wish you all the best with your journey :D both in life and as a newly discovered extrovert <3<3<3<3

AvyIsKing February 6th, 2023

What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please

I got INTJ

I never would have considered the word 'introvert' to describe myself, but after taking this test and some more research, I have found that I am definitely an introvert 😅

FrenchMarbles February 13th, 2023

@Jefferythebunny319

Hello, fellow introvert! I know it's weird having a label, and it defining you a bit too well! Having said that, some people aren't always introverted; it just depends on the time and place. But good luck with the program! Hopefully we'll get through this, woohoo!

ItsMrEnigma March 27th, 2023

@Jefferythebunny319

That is interesting to hear that, I used to be like that when I was much younger!

YourCaringConfidant February 9th, 2023

What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please.

I already did the quiz a few months ago and my results were mediator (INFP-T). I decided to take it again "just in case" and I still got the same thing.

I did not necessarily learn anything about myself from the quiz because, well, I know me best... not what a quiz says I am. "Mediators are poetic, kind, and altruistic people, always eager to help a good cause." Yes, that may be true for me but it wasn't anything new. It also does not surprise me that I scored so high being an introvert, lol.

FrenchMarbles February 13th, 2023

@YourCaringConfidant

I do like that you feel a quiz doesn't define you, and you're correct; I don't think there is a specific quiz that could determine anything more than you already know. It is always interesting to see if it reflects true to how I feel. I hope you ace the course! You've got this, woohoo