Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

Geminum May 10th, 2015

I, Gem, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with.

I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed:

Geminum

Date: 9-5-2015

OfficeGirl1975 June 3rd, 2015

My Member Oath: I, OfficeGirl1975, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking. I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with. I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on. I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners. I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor! I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day. I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow. I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique. I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn. I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome. I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need. I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions. I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community. Signed: OfficeGirl1975 Date: 6/2/15 ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ‘

OrangeCaramelPop August 5th, 2015

My Member Oath:

I, Orange, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed:

OrangeCaramelPop

Date: 6-8-2015

JustMe83 October 15th, 2015

@Laura

My Member Oath:

I, justme83, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I recognise that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

Signed:

justme83

Date: 10-15-2015

HappyRunner92 October 16th, 2015

I, HappyRunner92 , pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

HappyRunner92

Date: 10-16-2015

m3ph1st0 October 16th, 2015

My Member Oath:

I, m3ph1st0, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

m3ph1st0

travelingtryer13 October 17th, 2015

@Laura This kinda makes me smile

Bustrsded October 17th, 2015

I, LMP, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

LMP

RoboGamer October 17th, 2015

I, RoboGamer, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

RoboGamer

Date: 10-17-2015

comixd October 17th, 2015

I, comixd, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

comixd

Date: 11-8-2014

SorchaAoife October 18th, 2015

@Laura

I, SorchaAoife, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

SorchaAoife

Date: 10-17-2015

rapunzel13 October 18th, 2015

@Laura

Tryingtobeokay October 18th, 2015

My Member Oath:

I, Tryingtobeokay, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Tryingtobeokay

Date: 18-10-2015

determinedGlobe1063 October 18th, 2015

My Member Oath:

I, determinedGlobe1063, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter how challenging, I can overcome.

I will keep in mind and act on the individual needs of all my fellow members and team of 7Cups. Respecting them all equally, while acting on their individuality in a sense to help and comfort them to the best of my ability, to better their health and well being.

Signed: determinedGlobe1063

Date: 18/10/2015

Ana7C October 19th, 2015

I, Ana7C, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Ana7C

Date: 19-10-15

Palox February 9th, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, Paox, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Palox

Date: 09-02-2016

FRCgirl May 7th, 2016

I, FRCgirl, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

FRCgirl

Date: 5-7-2016

IGetABitAmazingSorry May 21st, 2016

@Laura

I, IGetABitAmazingSorry, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Patricia Andrews (because I want to be that much closer to this wonderful community)

Date: 5-20-16

TheSleech May 21st, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, TheSleech, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfil to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavour.

I will honour the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I recognise that my behaviour is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

Signed:

//TheSleech//

Date: 21 May 2016

Bluechocolatearms May 22nd, 2016

I, Bluechocolatearms, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Bluechocolatearms

Date: 05/22/16

turquoisePal851 July 19th, 2016

@Laura

I, Zoya, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

koreaboo July 19th, 2016

@Laura I, koreaboo, will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with as well as take every experience into mind that it will better myself and grow as a person.

Signed: koreaboo | Misa

Date: 07-19-16

FrancescaGabrielle November 9th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, FrancescaGabrielle,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will work towardsbettering my health every time I log on.

I will show respect and neverviolate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I willbelieve in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

Signed: FrancescaGabrielle

FrancescaGabrielle November 9th, 2014

Oops! Sorry!

Date: 11/9/14

Laura OP November 10th, 2014

@FrancescaGabrielleThank you for your dedication!!!yes

smileforawhile November 10th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, smileforawhile,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show respect and neverviolate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I willbelieve in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

Signed:

smileforawhile

Date: 11-9-2014

@smileforawhilesmiley

Jem91 November 10th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, Jem91,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Jem91

Date: 10-11-2014

Awesome@Jem91

Alineyumi November 10th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, AlineYumi, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed: AlineYumi

@Alineyumi

thank you for your dedication to our community!

Alineyumi November 10th, 2014

Thank YOU! :)

KelBe November 10th, 2014

My Member Oath: I, KelBe, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking. I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with. I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on. I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners. I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor. I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day. I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow. I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique. I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn. I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome. I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need. I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions. I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community. Signed: KelBe Date: 11-9-2014

LedaLamp November 10th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I,LedaLamp,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

LauraS

Date: 11-8-2014

0Reply
Posted byLauraS- Sun Nov 9, 2014 3:31 PM

ShiningStars November 10th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, ShiningStars,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will respect the time, love and commitment myVOLUNTEER listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in mySOUL , that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community inMY TIME of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of myACTIONS and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I amDEDICATED to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

//ShiningStars//
10/11/2014

ShiningStars November 10th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, ShiningStars,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will respect the time, love and commitment myVOLUNTEER listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in mySOUL , that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community inMY TIME of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of myACTIONS and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I amDEDICATED to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

//ShiningStars//
10/11/2014

ObligatoryDisorder January 27th, 2020

I pledge to be compassionate with 7cups users. "No one ever thinks whats its like to be the other guy!"

Natta November 10th, 2014

My member oath:

I, Natta, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfil to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show kindness and compassion to all those whom I interact with.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members and listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavour.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 cups every day.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 cups as an opportunity to learn and grow.

I will honour the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul that no matter how challenging they are, I can overcome them.

I recognise that my behaviour is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 cups community.

Signed,

Natta

Date: November 10th, 2014

LadyBug12xox November 10th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I,LadyBug12xox,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

LadyBug12xox

Date: 11-10-2014

iliketrains November 10th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, iliketrains, pledge a moral oath before the entire comunity, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will use the resources provied to me to continue to learn and grow.

I recognize that my behaviour is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

Signed:

iliketrains

Date: 10-11-2014