Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

helloBlackberry4120 January 11th, 2020

@

Desirayskill68 January 7th, 2020

@Laura I promise to always be kind and respectful. To listen to what others are saying with an open heart and send encouragement.

NiniTheTomato January 7th, 2020

@Laura

I promise to be kind to everyone here and listen to someone, if they need it. I promise to be a good member of 7 cups

Signed: Nini

Date: 1/7/2020

MandanK January 7th, 2020

@Laura

I MandanK, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with.

I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed:

Mandan K

Nickel01 January 8th, 2020

@Laura I vow to show empathy and compassion to people and walk away if I get mad

LimeGreenTortoise75 January 9th, 2020

I promise to adhere to all of the 7 cups policies and provide comfort and support to all. I want to help maintain this as being a safe space for people to come and share openly.

LimeGreenTortoise75

1/9/20

Treasure2 January 9th, 2020

@Laura

I take the member oath to be kind and compassionate to all.

frankPlum1613 January 9th, 2020

@Laura i swear to uphold the rules of 7 cups amd support everyone equally amd honestly

Frankplum1613

frankPlum1613 January 9th, 2020

@Laura i swear to uphold the terms of 7 cups amd be a support for myaelf and everyone in there

Frankplum1613

01/09/20

Srxlx January 9th, 2020

@Laura I pledge to follow the community guidelines and to be kind and respectful to all users here on 7cups!

BlueSilkSky January 10th, 2020

@Laura

I take the member's oath.

Viko46 January 10th, 2020

@Laura

I pledge to treat everyone with respect, care, thoughtfulness and love just as they have treated me, adhering in the way to the seven cups values and goals.

//Viko46//

10/1/2020

Jesse9675 January 10th, 2020

@Laura. I oath to follow rules and uphold respect in member rooms

January 10th, 2020

@Laura

I pledge an oath to 7 Cups and to this amazing community. I promise i will be compassionate, thoughtful, and kind towards every member/listener on here. Thank you 7 Cups for this amazing opportunity. Ive met the best people on here, honestly, thank you for being a part of my life.
Signed: //anonymousloner4773//

Date: 10/1/2020

95969 January 10th, 2020

@Laura Yes

Wraxius January 10th, 2020

@Laura is this a site/app that offers support or is this an "apply for badge" simulator? Like, how many times do I have to agree to the same terms before I am allowed to use the site/app?

kji January 10th, 2020

@Laura

ok ..but why all rooms gone suddenly.

kji January 10th, 2020

@Laura

take the othe thanks

rationalDime8344 January 11th, 2020

@Laura

THAT1GURL January 11th, 2020

@Laura. I THAT1GURL !pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups. 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Sirgredvig January 11th, 2020

@Laura I take the oath

Simpleplot January 11th, 2020

@Laura

I, Simpleplot, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //Simpleplot//

Date: 01/10/2020

buelleranyonebueller January 11th, 2020

@Laura

lovelylilac08 January 11th, 2020

@Laura

lovelylilac08 January 11th, 2020

@Laura

TheRequiem January 11th, 2020

I, TheRequiem, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: TheRequiem
Date: 11/01/2020

TryinToLive January 11th, 2020

@Laura I swear to be the best listening ear to everyone who needs it and offer the best and most supportive and positive advice one could ever want to hear.

philosophicalPlum7594 January 11th, 2020

@Laura I am writing to pledge my oath I am hoping to help others and hope they can help me we can all help each other and become better people 😊

hmm2020 January 11th, 2020

@Laura

DepressedPegasus January 11th, 2020

@Laura

I take the member oath and will try my best to adhere to the guidelines.

signed: depressedpegasus

date: 01/11/20

SaturnsOwn January 11th, 2020

@Laura

Sorry I don't sign a loyalty oath.

And I have seen far to many in this community who claimed to hold to this to hide their hatred that hold and inflict on others.

Gmolsu January 11th, 2020

@Laura

I, gmolsu, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: gmolsu

Date: 01/11/2020

MysteryIncorporated January 11th, 2020

@Laura , wait a meowment. It's pawsome.

AlexandriaChapple03 January 11th, 2020

@Laura

mango1201 January 12th, 2020

@Laura

I agree to follow this oath.

mango

O1-11-20

Agentoverkill January 12th, 2020

@Laura

I agree

Babysteppin January 12th, 2020

@Laura signed 01/11/20

DarkGalaxy55555 January 12th, 2020

@Laura Im sorry I probably missed some but here goes: I Alex, take this oath to be compassionate and open minded to all members of 7 cups.

I will behave in accordance with the 7 cups rules. And be helpful and supportive to all. I will follow proper channels if there are disputes. I will adhere to 7 cups policies. Etc.

I agree to be supportive and kind in my interactions on the chats. I will be empathetic to everyones problems and be kind to people.

@Alex55555

Karana17 January 12th, 2020

@Laura I solemnly swear 💚

tidyStrings5649 January 12th, 2020

I, ____tidystrings_, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone@Laura