Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

QueenLucretia6 November 12th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, AudriannaBrown, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with.

I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive

relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and group

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their timeof need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed:

Audrianna Brown

Date: 11-12-14

Litmus November 12th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, Lumtum,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will work towardsbettering my health every time I log on.

I will show respect and neverviolate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow.

I willbelieve in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed: FrenchKey

BrittanyBycroft November 12th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I,BrittanyBycroft,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show respect and neverviolate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I willbelieve in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

Signed:

BrittanyBycroft

Date: 11-12-2014

olivialoopez November 12th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I,olivialoopez, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their timeof need.

Signed:

olivialoopez

Date:

12-11-14

peacefulpineapple94 November 13th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, peacefulpineapple94 (a.K.a Bree Smith), pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Bree Smith

megjoan97 November 13th, 2014

I, Meg, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking. I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with.I will work towardsbettering my health every time I log on.I will show respect and neverviolate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow.I willbelieve in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing fullythat no matterhow challenging, I can overcome.I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.I recognisethat my behaviour is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions, and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the7 Cups of Tea community.

catlady04240 November 13th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, catlady04240, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

catlady04240

Ouroboros2 November 13th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, Dantheman1you0,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Dantheman1you0

Date: 11-13-2014

missmaidmerien November 13th, 2014

I, missmaidmerien, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking. I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with. I will work towards bettering my health everytime I log on. I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners. I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor. I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day. I w ill use the resources provided to me and continue to learn and grow. I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique. I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn. I will honour the challenges presented to me in my live, believing fully that no matter how challenging I can overcome. I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time o f nee. I recognise that my behaviour is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions. I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the 7 Cups of Tea community.

Signed,

missmaidmeiren

11/12/14

missmaidmerien November 13th, 2014

*11/13/14

Laura OP November 14th, 2014

Go Members Go!

CindySue46 November 17th, 2014

I, CindySue46,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

CindySue46 November 17th, 2014

11/16/14 CindySue46

Laura OP November 14th, 2014

Go Members Go!

sophie96 November 14th, 2014

I, sophie96,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

sophie96 November 14th, 2014

oops sorry!

dated:14/11/14

signed: sophie96

slayteralmighty November 15th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, Slayteralmighty,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Slayteralmighty

Date: 11-14-2014

placidPond58 November 15th, 2014

I, placidPond,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

By : placidPond (India)

​On : 15th November , 2014

Talisha21 November 15th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, Talisha21,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Talisha21

CompassionateOwl30 November 15th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, CompassionateOwl30, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed: CompassionateOwl30

Faywillhelpyou November 15th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, Faywillhelpyou,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed: Faywillhelpyou

I forgot the date, I apologize.

11/15/2014

I forgot the date, I apologize.

11/15/2014

MontiBear November 15th, 2014

I, MontiBear,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

MontiBear

toughClementine48 November 15th, 2014

I, toughClementine48, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

0 Reply

me1509 November 16th, 2014

I, me1509, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

11/15/2014

smiley

soultosoul4 November 16th, 2014

I, soultosoul4, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

diligentPenguin61 November 16th, 2014

I,diligentPenguin61, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed on 11/16/2014

diligentPenguin61

sbamber1 November 16th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I,Sbamber1,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Sbamber1

Date: 11-16-2014

friendlyPlum38 November 16th, 2014

Pledge to listen to your needs

careful November 16th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, careful,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

careful

HattieD November 16th, 2014

I, HattieD,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

tryempathy92 November 16th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, tryempathy92,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

tryempathy92

FindingPeace2015 November 16th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, FindingPeace2015,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed, FindingPeace2015

​Date: 11/16/2014

safesecrets79 November 16th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I,Safesecrets79,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

//Safesecrets79//

Era2Penn November 17th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, Era2Penn,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Era2Penn

RedcrrazyMasked November 17th, 2014

I, RedcrrazyMasked,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

RedcrrazyMasked

Rentheflower November 17th, 2014

I, Rentheflower,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

0Reply

Rentheflower November 17th, 2014

I, Rentheflower,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

0Reply

CCares November 17th, 2014

I, cmodak93, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking. I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with. I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on. I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners. I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor. I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day. I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow. I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique. I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn. I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome. I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need. I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions. I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.