Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

mangobrz January 12th, 2020

@Laura I take an oath to be a supportive member of this community, listening without judgment, learning from everyone and providing a friendly ear when needed!

humorousTree6547 January 12th, 2020

@Laura HumorousTree6547

WatchMeWatchYou1 January 12th, 2020

@Laura WatchMeWatchYou1

Methodic January 13th, 2020

@Laura

I can't copy and paste, but as for the pledge...

I will

Signed, @methodic

Methodic January 13th, 2020

@Laura

I will

Signed, @methodic

01/13/2020

Jordy9 January 14th, 2020

@Laura hi i would like to take the member oath but im not sure how

unbroken54 January 14th, 2020

Im unable to type the member oath from my phone. I dont have access to a computer at the moment. In the space provided Im not able to type it in.

@Laura

FireKnight January 14th, 2020

@Laura

I, FireKnight, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: FireKnight

Date: 11/9/2014

dapperDay3082 January 15th, 2020

@Laura

I also take the oath.

I will support others in any way I can.

OliMtl82 January 15th, 2020

@Laura

Lena1224 January 16th, 2020

@Laura I want to take the member oath for 7 cups

I need the support chat more than ever and now that all chats disappeared I don't know how to do

purpleDay82 January 17th, 2020

@Laura

Talk5678 January 17th, 2020

@Laura

I, Talk5678, take an oath to follow the rules and guidelines of 7cups.

Sign: //Talk5678//

Date: 18 Jan 2020

secretNorth9536 January 18th, 2020

@Laura

I have no access to chatrooms. I do not know how to access them again.

@Laura

I pledge a member oath

@Laura

I pledge an oath to adhere to 7Cups values and rules

RenRen January 20th, 2020

I agree @Laura

FireMagic January 30th, 2020

I, Princess, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Princess

Date: 1/30/20

brightCat6326 February 6th, 2020

@Laura

I, brightCat6326, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidleines and ensure its compliance during my stat at 7cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open mindedness and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone that I encounter in the community.

I will use proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will follow community guidleines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: brightCat6326

Date: 06/02/3020

TheAngloSlav February 8th, 2020

@Laura

@RogueBaka

I TheAngloSlav, Pledge to my fellow community member to respect the community guidelines that are set before me on this website and that are followed by my fellow community members.

I am trust and uphold rules as they are set for our own safety and to make this a place where everyone can trust that personal information even if discussed with a handful of people still remains personal.

Signed: // TheAngloSlav //

HelloThereYeet February 8th, 2020

@TheAngloSlav

very nice

SammyRocks April 14th, 2020

I take the oath!

Elfie2 April 20th, 2020

I pledge etc

GoldenPhoenix28 July 7th, 2020

@Laura I agree to the pledge

I not able to copy and paste the pledge on my phone :(

dee716ry October 14th, 2020

@Laura agree to the guidelines

ImTryingMyBes December 12th, 2020

@Laura

I, Mir, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups. I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental. I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community. I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support. I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations. I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community. I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together. I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice. I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

I love this community and I glad I found it.

Thanks!

Best wishes.

Laura OP November 9th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I,LauraS,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with.

I will work towardsbettering my health every time I log on.

I will show respect and neverviolate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow.

I willbelieve in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed:

LauraS

Date: 11-8-2014

FangirlDown December 17th, 2014

I, FangirlDown, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed:

FangirlDown

Date: 12-17-2014

Elzie98 October 18th, 2015

My Member Oath:

I, Elzie98, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

Signed:

Elzie98

Date: 11-8-2014

LostInOC1 May 22nd, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, LostInOC1, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

LostInOC1

Date: 05/22/2016

October 28th, 2017

@LostInOC1

sadgirl2002 October 18th, 2015

@FangirlDown

imperialSnake22 October 28th, 2016

I, ImperialSnake22, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

ImperialSnake22

PsychMaj70 December 18th, 2014

I, PsychMaj70,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show respect and neverviolate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I willbelieve in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

Signed:

PsychMaj70

Date: 12/18/2014

AmberO18 December 24th, 2014

I, AmberO18, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking. I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with. I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on. I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners. I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor. I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day. I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow. I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique. I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn. I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome. I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need. I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions. I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community. Signed: AmberO18 12/23/14

catnipper007 January 23rd, 2015

My Member Oath:

I, TonyL,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Sincerly, ~tony (catnipper_007)

tryingtostaystrongxx January 25th, 2015

My Member Oath:

I,tryingtostaystrongxx,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

tryingtostaystrongxx

blissfulSoul72 February 27th, 2015

My Member Oath:

I, blissfulSoul72,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

blissfulSoul72

alexaners7734 March 2nd, 2015

~~I, LauraS, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will lean on the community in my time of need.

Signed:

alexaner

Date: 3\2\2015

clairvoyantpov October 17th, 2015

@Sunfeather727

...when you have sorted the pros and cons and are ready, is the perfect time. But you get as many chances as you are willing to take. No judgements. I know the importance for feeling ready though. On your time.