Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

Rolypoly42 February 1st, 2020

@NorthZero915

I, moo, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: moo

sunshine250 February 5th, 2020

@musoperson2

I, sunshine, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

LHM5267 January 22nd, 2020

@Iz2ysgay

Fatcow123 January 23rd, 2020

@Iz2ysgay

affableSky6044 January 31st, 2020

@affableSky6044

Kat002 February 3rd, 2020

@Iz2ysgay yes

straightforwardPond7078 February 9th, 2020

I, straightforwardPond7078 pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

depressedstateofmind February 11th, 2020

I, _____Cody Owen______________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //depressedstateofmind//
Date: 11/9/2014

dancingMelon9844 October 21st, 2022

I, ___Michelle E________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //MichelleE//
Date: 10/21/2022

JazzDrummer May 21st, 2016

@Laura I take the member oath into my hands and will try my best to adhere to the desired outcomes.

Jazzdrummer

05/21/16

SongWriter2020 January 9th, 2020

@JazzDrummer

tealShade6163 January 10th, 2020

@SongWriter2020

forcefulStrawberries1933 January 20th, 2020

@tealShade6163

Aloolaylow January 14th, 2020

@JazzDrummer

I swear

booklover61 May 23rd, 2016

@Laura I hereby pledge to always stick to the guidelines and boundaries set by the moderators on 7cups. I will additionally always try my utmost to be wise, kind, and insightful in all my conversations on 7cups. And to try and bring more joy to others and be at peace with myself.

Raspberry1976 July 19th, 2016

@Laura,

I promise to give positive responses to those I listen to. I promise to maintain respect for every individual I come in contact with as a member of 7 Cups. I promise to give insight and thoughtfulness. I promise, where I can help, I will help. As in these promises, I take the oath to be a member adhereing to all rules, regulations and moral support that is required. I will help make the world a better place to all the best of my ability.

crimsonGlobe252 July 19th, 2016

@LauraI solemley swear that I am up to all good. And ill try and keep a positive mindset

May 2nd, 2018

I solemnly swear I take the pledge x

May 26th, 2018

@warmheartedSoul77

Me too

FindingPeaceWithin1 October 14th, 2018

Me three

Cloudreamer7 July 20th, 2016

@Laurai promise to show kindness and compassion to everyone here, just as everyone has done to me, and will adhere to the 7 cups values .

Anna117 July 20th, 2016

@Laura Hello:) I promise to show kindness and compassion. Thank you 7 Cups and all members for being here, just the thought that there is actually always somebody out there willing to listen is already helpful. I will be respectful and show support to others and I hope I will be able to help other people.

Signed: Anna117

Date: 20/7/2016

Hippiechicjen July 21st, 2016

I am not a listener as of yet and can't wait to be. However I will pledge an oath to 7 cups and the community which has helped me a ton so far. I pledge to be as helpful as I can be, not to judge, to be kind, understanding, open minded and respectful. To listen with my ears and my heart and not my fears and bad judgement. I will listen and talk honestly and try my hardest to be there for myself and others. I pledge to move forward on this site and finally do something for myself that I needed "self awerness, self help and a boost of confidence" and in turn to give that back to this community as they gave it so freely to me. Thank You 7 cups & Community.

blueberryHeart02357 July 22nd, 2016

@Laura

I am not a listener yet, but I pledge to treat everyone with respect, care, thoughtfulness and love just as they have treated me, adhering in the way to the seven cups values and goals.

Hopeful0001 July 23rd, 2016

@Laura

yes

sorabunny October 27th, 2016

@Laura i Hereby pledge to follow all of 7cups guidelines to the best of my ability, and to additionally be kind, respectful, compassionate, and encouraging to anyone i meet. 😊👌

versatileLand2707 October 27th, 2016

@Laura i hereby take the 7cups oath to always be kind and help in anyway possible

TaniaGrey October 27th, 2016

@Laura

I promise to be kind, compassionate, and positive whenever i encounter another member. I promise to add to the supportive air 7 cups promotes.

teapls October 27th, 2016

@Laura I pledge my oath to be compassionate and supportive to the members of this community. I may not be a listener yet, but I'll do what I can to help make this a place where we all can feel safe and accepted.

Signed //teapls//

Date: 28 October 2016

ArtfulMug October 27th, 2016

@Laura I do take his oath and will adhere to all of these rules and I will take them seriously

Grlscout October 27th, 2016

@Laura. I promise that I will do my best to serve the community and help the people, I will do my daily turn of good by helping other people and abide by the 7 cups rules

signed: Grlscout

date:27/10/16

ktallen October 27th, 2016

I hereby swear that I will use 7-cups, not only for my own personal gain, but to support other users as much as possible. I will show kindness and will care for other members! I understand how tough life can be and promise to try and help make it easier for others. I will do the best I can to keep/improve the wellbeing of myself and others so that it is in a positive condition

KatinaChoovanski October 27th, 2016

@Laura

✋ I promise to act with kindness, respect, and support to everyone on 7 cups, including myself. When I fail, I'll let others help me back onto the path of compassion.

KatinaChoovanski M

KatchooChoovanski L

10//27/16

SmileAtWill May 25th, 2017

@KatinaChoovanski

I'm cutting & pasting your statement, changing 'when' to 'if'.

ladeletolul903 October 28th, 2016

@Laura...

m going to be of my best behavior to everyone on 7 cups and I would abide by the rule of 7 cups of tea

cactus122 October 28th, 2016

@Laura

I'm not a listener yet, but I oath to treat everyone with respect and kindness. To be supportive and listening. ❤️

SleeplessEllie October 28th, 2016

@Laura

I vow to follow any and all guidelines, to lift others who seek it, and to better myself. I vow never to make anyone feel less of a person, or to hurt them in any way, shape or form.

scarsrazorblades October 28th, 2016

@Laura I'm not a listener on here but I take an oath to adhere to all the seven cups goals and values

Scarsrazorblades

Moi2016 October 28th, 2016

@Laura. I promise to honor the spirit of kindness and support..and the adhere to 7cups guidelines and to obey the rules...7cups is a great source of support for me.and i want to continue to share in this community.thankyou...moi2016😊

TyePS98 October 29th, 2016

@Laura,

I take the oath to adhere the guidelines of 7 cups

//TyePS98//

10/29/2016