Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

secretPlane1439 October 30th, 2016

@Laura

ok

EmilyLanes October 30th, 2016

@Laura I take my oath, and will continue to support and show care to other members.

Chaoticdreamer October 30th, 2016

@Laura I hereby pledge to adhere to all the values in the member oath.

//chaoticdreamer//

Date: 30/10/2016

nerdbug October 30th, 2016

@Laura

I take the oath to be nice and be willing to accept help as well as listening.

///nerdbug//

10//30///16

nerdbug October 30th, 2016

@Laura

I hereby take the oath to be nice and accepting of everyone.

nerdbug

9//30//16

March 22nd, 2017

@Laura I will follow the guidelines and chatroom rules! I will respect listener, other members and moderators! I will help keep this community safe and strong

Trytobefree98

3/21/17

calmPlace7557 February 7th, 2020

I pledge to keep the oath.

spiceyblueberry7 October 3rd, 2017

I take an oath to keep all information confidential from members and listeners and help them with the best i can.

Jasshugar October 28th, 2017

@Laura I hereby pledge my commitment to 7 cups to help me understand and conquer my demons and to listen to anyone that would ever need my help or just someone to talk to ❤️

jasshugar

28/10/17

inventiveHickory9479 October 28th, 2017

@Laura I take the path. I want people too feel like they can really be something

LittleBlackCat94 October 28th, 2017

@Laura

I pledge to be an open heart, and accept with open arms. I will be a listening ear and a ready shoulder.

LittleBlackCat94

10/28/2017

Bigsmiless October 29th, 2017

I oath to be honest and not hide or be fearful of judgement.

Bigsmiless

10/27/2017

@Laura

Noblegrace October 29th, 2017

@Laura I promise to follow all rules and give positive feedbacks

Stardust7777 October 29th, 2017

@Laura I promise to be honest,helpful & compassionate towards my fellow members. We are all in this fight together

guitarsandcigarettes October 29th, 2017

@LauraI'd like to be a listener

cyanPlatypus6370 October 29th, 2017

@guitarsandcigarettes

Hi Guitars! You can be! Just click on the "Become a Listener" at the top of your page. It will lead you through training and such.

I am also a listener (and of course there are many more and Laura laugh ) so I can answer other questions too, if you have them. I hope to see you on the Listener Side sometime soon! ~ Platy

aquaBeach2485 October 29th, 2017

@Laura

3 years after this was first posted and people still show a lot of love for this community and what it means for them.

That's why I love 7 Cups. You are always here, no matter how bad our lives are. There is always someone kind out here to help you.

I promise that I will do my best to be a kind person and to respect all the goals and values of this great community that helped me always.

Thank you for all the support. ❤

MysteryRose73 October 30th, 2017

@Laura I take the 7 cups oath seriously to uphold with all of my heart.

KyleeWhiting October 30th, 2017

@Laurai I swear that Im going to try and fight, and help anyone I can in anyway.

Uwchem94 October 30th, 2017

@Laura thanks for laying out the values and asking everyone to work within those parameters. I am happy to cooperate

Amy1977 October 30th, 2017

@Laura

I take the oath to be kind and supportive to other members (and myself).

//AmyS1977//

Date: 10/30/2017

tealTree7081 October 30th, 2017

@Laura

As a member of 7cups, I make an oath that I will always be positive, and spread my positivity to every member I talk to or listen to. I also want to make an oath to myself, that I will respect myself, and treat myself with kindness like I do to others, for I can't be a good listener nor a good friend if I don't truly understand myself or my goals for my recovery with my problems / issues

Springfieldbutterfly3 October 30th, 2017

@Laura

I take the Member Oath to be kind, caring, and compassionate to those I engage with on 7 Cups, as well as up hold the standards of this site.

I have both the listener and member accounts (but while they use the same email, I can't get the two to display the trainings/badges from to the other. I'm not sure if the site designed to be that way.)

Signed: SpringfieldButterfly

Date: October 30, 2017

LucasL January 12th, 2018

@Laura I solemnly swear! that I'll follow the 7cups guidelines and do my best to be a steward of this community and its values.

LucasL

niceCucumber2160 January 12th, 2018

@Laura I take the oath to be kind to the people here

Anx1ousB3an January 12th, 2018

@Laura I will follow the 7 cups guidelines and support others as much as I can. I will help anyone I can.

Anx1ousB3an

01/12/18

Helpinmind02 January 12th, 2018

@Laura I promise to not hurt anyone mentally on purpose(sometimes it happens, tell me if I do) and to care for everyone I can help

foodrhymeswithfood January 13th, 2018

@Laura I take this oath and pledge to try to uplift others and spread positivity through comfort and support for those who need it.

//foodrhymeswithfood//

1/12/18

scarletStrawberries9515 January 13th, 2018

@Laura i promise to always stick to the guidelines. I promise to be thankful for everyone who tried to help me on here, even if we dont click. I promise that I will try to help others as well as I can because I know it sucks to feel like youre alone.

HopefulnTrusting January 13th, 2018

@Laura

friendlyOrange6524 January 13th, 2018

@Laura i may not be a listener yet but I solemnly swear that i shall go by all guidlines that has been set

Emmykins13 January 14th, 2018

@Laura

I pledge to follow the community guidelines set forth by 7Cups by being a nonjudgmental, supportive, and active member of 7Cups.

I will not engage in any hateful behavior or language that will jeopardize the wellness of others in the community, or myself.

Signed: //Emmykins13//

Date: 01/13/2018

Brittanyred January 14th, 2018

@Laura I pledge to bring compassion, honestly, healing and understanding into each encounter I have here. I want to continue to find love and light in my life, and one of the best ways to do that is to remind others of theirs.

Paritikasharma09 January 14th, 2018

@Laura

It's been so wonderful to become a part of this lovely family. 😀😀

I will try my level best to help the needy, make them smile and let them feel alive again

Signed -- //Paritikasharma09//

Date -- 14 January, 2018

Wanttoshine January 16th, 2018

@Laura

I pledge to show support and kindness to everyone that I interact with on this site.

Signed: //Wanttoshine//

Date: 1/16/2018

andiferlux January 20th, 2018

@Laura I

Minnesota39 March 27th, 2018

@Laura

I do promise to uphold the communitys core values and to treat everyone with empathy and compassion, as I would want to be treated. (On and offline)

NovaturientSeedling March 29th, 2018

@Laura

I pledge to be kind, compassionate, supportive, and caring. I will adhere to the guidelines and values in the 7Cups community.

SonderandWonder

29/03/2018

Nans17 June 19th, 2018

@Laura i promise to show kindness compassion and support to everyone i interact with on 7 cups.

Aruni123 July 23rd, 2019

@Laura

Hi i hereby take the 7 cups oath yo be kind ang helpful