Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

Tomthomas January 11th, 2020

Ok

RhaegarValyria January 11th, 2020

@Laura I take an oath to abide by all that is good and swear by the old gods and the new to always protect the realm of freedom, strength and kindness!

Signed: //RhaegarValyria//

Date: 01/10/2020

Liliesinthewind January 11th, 2020

@Laura

I, Liliesinthewind, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: Liliesinthewind
Date: 1/10/202

itssCastelo January 11th, 2020

@Lauraok

itssCastelo January 11th, 2020

@Laura

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: itscasteloo
Date: 1/10/2020

courageousDaisy1111 January 11th, 2020

@itssCastelo

I, Daisy, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

OptimismOfCandide January 11th, 2020

@Laura

I hereby swear to help myself and the members of 7cups in the process of getting better.

solum10 January 11th, 2020

@Laura

I promise to be kind, compassionate, and positive whenever I interact with another member. :)

Tygrysku96 January 11th, 2020

@laura

I tygrysku96 pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: tygrysku96
Date: 11/1/2020

dissapointment666 January 11th, 2020

I, Harley, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //politeplum//
Date: 1/11/2010

Fozziewozzie January 11th, 2020

I, _____staystrong8______________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: staystrong8
Date: 1-11-19

hematite43 January 11th, 2020

@Laura

I, hematite43, pledge an affirmation before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //hematite43//
Date: 01/10/2020

Koya21 January 11th, 2020

@Laura

I, Koya, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //koya21//
Date: 9/01/2020

wonderwoman14 January 11th, 2020

@Laura

I pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Wonderwoman14
Date: 11/1/2020

neffjeff951 January 11th, 2020

I, neffjeff95, pledge an oath before my fellow community members that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups. I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental. I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community

Neffjeff951

AnxiousOrange0359 January 11th, 2020

@Laura I accept and take this oath to continue to be non-judgemental and willing to help others as best as I can. I love participating in group chats because most of the time it gives me a place to feel like I belong <3.

January 11th, 2020

@Laura I take the member oath into my hands and will try my best to adhere to the desired outcomes.

LessMusical

01/11/20

Dude24573739 January 11th, 2020

@Laura yes I do

passionateTangerine2355 January 11th, 2020

Stinkysloth18 January 11th, 2020

@stinkysloth18

lilme January 11th, 2020

@ Laura

I, Lilmered, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

signed lilmered

SakuraJ3 January 11th, 2020

I, SakuraJ3, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed:

SakuraJ3

January 10,2020

inadequateLight January 11th, 2020

I, inadequateLight, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure it's compliance during my stay at 7cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgemental.

Signed: inadequateLight

Date 1/11/2020

pinkDog3123 January 11th, 2020

@Laura

I, pinkDog3123, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //pinkDog3123//

ShadowDance January 11th, 2020

I, ShadowDance, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure it's compliance during my stay at 7cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgemental.

Signed: ShadowDance

Date January 11 2020

discreetPlum7980 January 11th, 2020

I, Plum, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Plum//
Date: 01/11/2020

SilvaGLunae January 11th, 2020

I, Silva, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Silva//

Date 01/11/2020

DistortionHeart January 11th, 2020

I, DistortionHeart, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure it's compliance during my stay at 7cups.

Signed: DistortionHeart

Date 01/11/2020

Subwaymeatballs January 11th, 2020

@Laura

I, SubwayMeatballs, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

OjaM January 11th, 2020

@Laura

I,Oja, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed,

Oja

kindStrings3073 January 11th, 2020

I promise to follow the guidelines in the oath and do my best to keep 7cups a safd and supportive space.

dapperWalker3968 January 11th, 2020

I take the oath to be a good member on 7cups .

Cantquit88 January 11th, 2020

I agree to the oath

dayoda January 11th, 2020

I, dayoda, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: dayoda

alejandra1995 January 11th, 2020

I agree to oath :)

KittyInTheCorner January 11th, 2020

I, KittyintheCorner, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I understand that as a community, we are here to provide and seek support.

I will take ownership of my behaviour in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

KittyintheCorner
11/01/2020

LadyBarnabas January 11th, 2020

I agree to the oath and promise to uphold it at all times.

LadyBarnabas January 11th, 2020

Communities Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

OjaM

Sat, Jan 11, 2020 3:26 AM

@Laura

I, LadyBarnabas, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed,

LadyBarnabas

easyOwl2900 January 11th, 2020

I pledge to abide by all rules

Doodlestix January 11th, 2020

I, Doodlestix, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Doodlestix//

Date: 2020/01/11