Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

YourFriendOfMisery January 11th, 2020

I, YourFriendOfMisery, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

SpenDead January 11th, 2020

I, Spen, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups. I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental. I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community. I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support. I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations. I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community. I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

Signed: spendead
Date: 1/11/20

blueApricot6486 January 11th, 2020

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

@Laura

Marcus1243 January 11th, 2020

I, @Marcus1243, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

@Laura

journeytolovingmyself January 11th, 2020

I, Journey, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Journey
Date: 01/11/2020

AoiTsubasa January 11th, 2020

I, AoiTsubasa, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

HuggableNinja January 11th, 2020

@Laure I pledge to always follow he community guidelines/boundaries and treat others with kindness, compassion and respect

signed @huggableninja

11/01/20

(im planning on changing my username is if it's different that is why)

hxsaan January 11th, 2020

@Laura

I, Hasaan Bashir, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Hasaan//
Date: 11/9/2014

GraceHeartbroken January 11th, 2020

@Laura

I am taking the oath.

Blondie007 January 11th, 2020

@Laura I will try my best to continue with helping and supporting as member,some people simply feel better when they talk in group chats and I'm glad to be part of that

Foxeh January 11th, 2020

I Foxeh,

Very much Wow Promise,

Trust worthy paws

lightTriangle5153 January 11th, 2020

I light triangle pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: lightTriangle5153

understandingCucumber177 January 12th, 2020

@Laura

Signed: //understandingCucumber177//
Date: 1/11/2020

geek18 January 12th, 2020

@Laura

geek18 January 12th, 2020

@Laura I take oauth

wolfieboi January 12th, 2020

@Laura @Laura i take the oath to follow the rules and values of 7 cups

AnxiousAnaconda January 12th, 2020

@Laura

I, anxiousanaconda, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

schizowolf January 12th, 2020

@Laura

i take to oath and promise tro follow the rules, values and goals of 7 cups

pluckyStrings4696 January 12th, 2020

@Laura

I, Angela Benecke, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members,taking them my witness, that i read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7cups.

i will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassioin, patience, open mindedness, and being non-judgemental

i will stay respectful of everyone i encounter in the community

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations

i will use the proper channels to esculate any concerns faced during my stay in the community

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experience and learning with them to grow as a community together

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how i will react to any situation that is my choice

I will follow the communit guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone

signed, Angela Benecke 1.11.2020

KindCherry1998 January 12th, 2020

I, Jennifer, take an oath to adhere to all the 7 cups values! @Laura

garybryan January 12th, 2020

garybryan heya i have aspergers syndrome and low autism and ibs/ irritable bowel syndrome. i do love life though and belive life is for living and love chatting to people new and making new friends

tidyPomegranate4148 January 12th, 2020

@Laura

Menoeceus January 12th, 2020

I, KittysPetJoey, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: KittysPetJoey

versatileBlackberry8150 January 12th, 2020

I, Michelle, take the oath to be a supportive, caring member and to always treat others the way I would like to be treated. Everyone has value and worth, and I'll do my part to reflect that in all of my actions on this site.

LiveLifeup January 12th, 2020

@Laura

I, _livelifeup_____, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed:livelifeup

WordyAllen January 12th, 2020

Signed:wordyallen

tuningin2020 January 12th, 2020

@Laura I do.

Dyrone January 12th, 2020

Signed, Dyrone

tidySailboat6852 January 12th, 2020

oath

tothemoon1234 January 12th, 2020

I, _____tothemoon1234______________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone

DarkRainDrops January 12th, 2020

I promisse to be helpful and seek help properly and obey all rules of 7cups

Rbrink January 12th, 2020

I agree

reservedSea1053 January 12th, 2020

@Laura I, A. V. R. Pearn, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

MissLunaWolfess January 12th, 2020

@Laura I adhere to the member oath and take responsibility for anything I say/do and the outcomes of such actions

lifeeofliz January 12th, 2020

@Laura I take the member oath

-Liz Ann

Budder05 January 12th, 2020

@Laura

I, Budder05, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone

imaginativeNest9383 January 12th, 2020

@Laura I will abide by the rules.

rationalKitten5364 January 12th, 2020

I am so sworn.

goldenSquare7653 January 12th, 2020

pledge taken

understandingSea4730 January 12th, 2020

Pledge taken.