Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

Beri7382 January 11th, 2020

I berina, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Danelsitar January 11th, 2020

@Beri7382

Nice

Gall January 11th, 2020

@Laura

I, scott gall___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone

undefinedPsycho January 11th, 2020

@Laura I'll copy paste because I'm not at my best state to focus and rewrite, but I've read them thoroughly and I pledge the oath.

I, Undefined, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //UndefinedPsy//
Date: 11/1/2020

communicativeBalloon8100 January 11th, 2020

I, Balloon, hereby take the member oath to be supportive to all the people I meet than need any sort of help that I can provide. I will respect everyone equally the same because, in the end, we are all human beings. I promise to be kind to myself as to others. I promise to be respectful to listeners.

brokage January 11th, 2020

@Laura I, @brokage, am taking a pledge, to not ridicule, annoy or hurt anyone, and that I'll be of as much help to them as much as I am to my closest kiths and kins.

@brokage

1/11/2020

blossom220 January 11th, 2020

I, buttercupgirl2204, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

@Laura

shyClementine1016 January 11th, 2020

@Laura I promise to respect every member and serve with passion

Jenque January 11th, 2020

Absolutely!

shyClementine1016 January 11th, 2020

@Laura I swear i will serve with compassion and respect

intuitiveCurrent5651 January 11th, 2020

@Laura i promise to take my oath

WindyRain January 11th, 2020

@Laura I adhere

inventiveBike19 January 11th, 2020

I, InventiveBike19, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: InventiveBike19

BabyTulip29 January 11th, 2020

Amen

AirRomance January 11th, 2020

@Laura

I, AirRomance, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //AirRomance//
Date: 2020-01-11

Kiwimail January 11th, 2020

@Laura

I promise to adhere to the oath.

kiwimail

navySummer8612 January 11th, 2020

wittySea676 January 11th, 2020

I, __________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: /wittysea676///
Date: 1/11/2020

MatthewAspie January 11th, 2020

@Laura I MathewAspie take this oath

ishallbringhappiness January 11th, 2020

@Laura

I, ishallbringhappiness, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //ishallbringhapiness//

Hope2come January 11th, 2020

@Laura

I hope to come promise to be a really nice member to the best of my abilities. 😋

I will try to be compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and non-judgmental to all the other tea cups on here not just the member but the listeners too. I will be respectful try to understand the community and be thoughtful and compassionate in my talking. I will try hard to follow the community guidelines and promise to try not to come here when I really really need help but go to the crisis teams instead.
i hope I covered everything.
Can I go in rooms now 😋

Hope2come January 11th, 2020

@Laura

I hope to come promise to be a really nice member to the best of my abilities. 😋

I will try to be compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and non-judgmental to all the other tea cups on here not just the member but the listeners too. I will be respectful try to understand the community and be thoughtful and compassionate in my talking. I will try hard to follow the community guidelines and promise to try not to come here when I really really need help but go to the crisis teams instead.
i hope I covered everything.
Can I go in rooms now 😋

balmlipbalm January 11th, 2020

@Laura

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

kindFig6879 January 11th, 2020

I, kindfig6879, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

SadnAlone1985 January 11th, 2020

@Laura

im new on here today so although working my way round I pledge to take the oath of the above and also adhere to house rules and Im working my way round to get to know all about 7 cups.

SadnAlone1985 January 11th, 2020

@Laura

im new on here today so although working my way round I pledge to take the oath of the above and also adhere to house rules and Im working my way round to get to know all about 7 cups.

wildfl0wer January 11th, 2020

k

Newlyaccepting January 11th, 2020

Will do!

amberpsi January 11th, 2020

I, @amberpsi, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: amberpsi
Date: 01/11/2020

scarletWatermelon9957 January 11th, 2020

I scarletWatermelon9957 pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: scarletWatermelon9957

Birdie1425 January 11th, 2020

@Laura

I pledge to be respectful and honest towards others, and to offer support when I can so that we may all grow together.

Birdie1425

01/11/2020

Reereee January 11th, 2020

I promise to follow the guidelines and show love and compassion to every member

Signed: reader

11/1/2020

dancer022 January 11th, 2020

@Laura 🌸🌸🌸

dynamicNectarine1955 January 11th, 2020

@Laura

I pledge I shall be mindful and care for the wellbeing of all the members of this site

@dynamicNectarine1955

Okamii January 11th, 2020

@Laura

I, okamii pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

patientDime3940 January 11th, 2020

@Laura nice

Xzara January 11th, 2020

I, zara pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //xzara//

MisHeart January 11th, 2020

New Oath for 7 Cups of Tea chat rooms.

I MisHeart03, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnessess, that I read and understood the community guidlines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7 cups.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounder in the community.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will reacty to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the commmunity guidlines and supportr each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: MissHeart03

Ana191928 January 11th, 2020

Yay

alyxclake January 11th, 2020

@Laura