Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Introducing the LEG Dashboard for Members: Learn, Explore, Grow Your Way to Well-being

Hi everyone,

We're thrilled to announce the launch of the LEG Dashboard for our 7 Cups members on the 7 Cups website (coming to an app near you in a few weeks)! This structure is designed to help with your mental health journey by providing daily, simple, and effective steps to heal and grow.

What is the LEG Dashboard?

empty-leg_1717778406.png

LEG stands for Learn, Explore, Grow. The dashboard offers a structured yet flexible approach to well-being, focusing on three key areas:

• Learn: Access bite-sized lessons (under 5 minutes!) packed with valuable insights and techniques.
  • Explore: Different ways to connect with our compassionate community and explore your issues
  • Grow: Track key healthy habits like drinking water and sleep. There is a lot of research about how helpful these habits are for good mental health.

Benefits of the LEG Dashboard:

• Daily Progress: The LEG Dashboard encourages you to take small, daily steps that lead to significant change over time.
  • Holistic Approach: This tool addresses multiple aspects of well-being, promoting mental, emotional, and physical health.
  • Actionable Steps: The lessons provide practical skills you can apply in your daily life.
  • Supportive Community: Explore fosters connection with others who understand your journey.
  • Increased Self-Awareness: Tracking sleep and water intake helps you identify patterns and make positive adjustments.

Filling Up Your Daily Cup:

The LEG Dashboard features a daily cup at the top that fills up as you complete each action:

• Learn: Finish a lesson and contribute to your cup.
  • Explore: Explore what matters to you and watch your cup grow.
  • Grow: Log your sleep and water intake to keep your cup brimming.

We hope that you’ll find filling your cup with healthy and supportive LEG activities rewarding and helpful. Here's how the cup will look once you have completed your daily LEG activities:

screen-shot-2024-06-07-at-9-35-36-am-1_1717778470.png

Making Daily Wellness a Habit:

The LEG Dashboard makes self-care easy and encourages you to prioritize your well-being every day. By incorporating these simple steps into your routine, you'll be well on your way to feeling better and achieving your mental health goals.

Together, let's learn, explore, and grow on the path to a happier, healthier you!

How do you like your LEG dashboard? Let us know which part of LEG you find most helpful and request suggestions you have for how we can make it more helpful for you. 

GlenM June 7th

@SoulfullyAButterfly I'm very excited about this development. The team has been hard at work on this for the last several weeks. It is a complement to our new onboarding.

One thing we know is that the vast majority of us are taxed in life. It is hard to manage things. Taking steps for our own health / wellness can be challenging too, especially if we are overwhelmed. LEG adds a lot of structure and makes it much easier to keep taking steps to heal and recover. 

And, as we heal and recover, we find that we are less taxed and have more resources! Our boundaries heal and we have less gaps/holes where we are losing energy. We then have more energy to heal, recover, and look out for others. In other words, easy steps - with support from others - enable us to make compounding gains. 

I very much hope you all find this helpful. It seems simple, but it is actually complex. It was made with lots of love and care. Let us know what you think!

calmMango9611 June 7th

@GlenMI I love it. I did it, and it was fun. I have a learning disability and I am unable to take a photo, as uploading is hard for me. I did fill my cup.

Heather225 June 7th

I'm so looking forward to seeing how everyone uses LEG for accountability and personal advancement! this is such a fun way to stay on track. you may not even realize how much you can do just by breaking it up into small steps like these. i can't wait to see all the filled cups!

Heather225 June 7th

would love for those who try it out to take a pic when you fill your cup and share with us here in the replies 🙏

calmMango9611 June 8th

@Heather225 I filled it up. You need to realize something. That people who are disabled, like me, may not be able to do that. I am one of them.  I thought this community was for everyone. Everyone is included, but there are times when you exclude people and you do not realize this. Please be more mindful of this in future. This goes for screenshots, for reports to. Not everyone can do that. Keep this in mind as well. I hope to be Mega Member at some point here. There are changes I would like to see happen, like making things more user friendly for everyone including the disabled. Among other things. I love you my friend. I mean no I'll will, but you need to walk in the shoes of those who are disabled and those who cannot take photos and upload them, to fully understand this. I love 7cups dearly. It is a wonderful community. You're amazing as our Community Director. I just wish as Community Director, you could be more mindful, with the requests of others, that is all. I  know, you're trying and you work hard at being our Community Director. I am proud of you for doing this sometimes thankless job. I speak my mind. I do not mean to hurt your feelings. I am sorry if I did. I just thought you need to know, where I stand on this. I humbly ask, that you try to remember, what I wrote for next time. To at least keep it in mind. I felt excluded by your request of the whole picture thing. If this hurts my chances at Mega Member, then I understand.  Mega Member would mean a lot to me if I got that. Thanks for reading and for understanding and for listening to me.

Thank you for sharing. I'm currently studying UXUI design and we are spending a lot of time on studying designing for disabilities. Your input is valuable and will contribute to the success of the platform development. Keep your comments coming.

calmMango9611 June 9th

@selfdisciplinedPenny281 Your very welcomed. I will.

Heather225 June 10th

@calmMango9611

Thanks for your input! I hear you. Seeing as how this is a brand new feature, we're actively (like right now actively) working on making changes to improve accessibility so hang in there if you can.

calmMango9611 June 10th

@Heather225 I am glad to hear this. Waiting to see, what you and your teams come up with, to make things even better.

calmMango9611 June 10th

@Heather225 If you need testers, to test out some of the changes, let me know. I would like to help if I can. But I will leave it up to you, since you have tech people, with a tech background.

Heather225 June 10th

@calmMango9611

And it's okay if folks can't take photos or upload them. It's never a requirement, just a lighthearted option. If you're experiencing any challenges surrounding reporting, however, please do PM me if there's anything in particular I can help with to facilitate that and ensure safety concerns get properly attended to.

calmMango9611 June 10th

@Heather225 I will H. Thanks for being so understanding.

cloudySummer June 7th

I find 2.4 l of water a bit much, tbh. - normal and recommended is roughly 1.5 - there's also fluid in food (and maybe it should be made clear that water isn't the only possible beverage).

But maybe your glasses are smaller and your weather is hotter (btw. there really is no information upon what size a glass is).

For some people, drinking too much can be dangerous - heart and some kidney conditions can worsen when you drink too much. And some people may need more, depending upon their body size, the weather and the work they do.

Personally, I find that a recommendation for fluid intake with concrete values should be:

a) personalized and

b) limited to the medical profession

to avoid harming people.

cloudySummer June 7th

Btw. - for those who want to block the element - it's www.7cups.com###focustrack > .mb-4 (cosmetic filter for ublock origin).

It's hard to judge it based on an image. Is there a beta version to test.

SoulfullyAButterfly OP June 8th

@selfdisciplinedPenny281 Hi Penny, you can find the dashboard when you log into 7 Cups on a browser/site version at www.7cups.com - if you are an app user you can use a mobile browser too

@SoulfullyAButterfly I think this is a nice feature. But since this update, I've noticed that the chat list that normally appears on the dashboard doesn't show up when I'm on the website from my phone. So I need to click the chat button to view them, which is an extra step to view my chats, and I don't really like this extra step, it's so much easier if we can access the chat list right from the dashboard. Is this supposed to happen? 

SoulfullyAButterfly OP June 8th

@exuberantBlackberry9105 Hi there, yes this was a change which was made to adjust the dashboard into the main window. We will try to keep your feedback in mind.

@SoulfullyAButterfly Thanks for your reply. I would greatly appreciate it if we could have the chat list on the dashboard when on the website from a phone, preferably as the first thing on there, and for this new feature we can scroll down a bit for it, I think.

HopieRemi June 10th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

The new dash also doesnt show the leadership quotas on browser on the phones for listeners.

theboymoana June 9th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

learn part be better let click on how much need because I go to link on Learn but accident close and didn’t see what say then can’t click again so say did that but really didn’t and now wonder what say

SoulfullyAButterfly OP June 9th

@theboymoana thank you for that feedback 

VinwithVi June 9th

@SoulfullyAButterfly I dont like it because now it hides all my chats and I cant open any chat unless I click the chat bubble in the top middle of the screen :/ screenshot-20240609-142015-chrome_1717935813.jpg

@VinwithVi Agreed 💙

Antonio7Cups June 9th

@VinwithVi 

I understand you, however, from my experience, it's better to adapt to layout changes, even it's difficult and can feel strange. 

CreativeKombucha June 9th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

First of all, I really feel that 7Cups should have given us a heads up before rolling out the new lay out.   I just feel like this was rolled out last minute.    

Antonio7Cups June 9th

@CreativeKombucha 

It's understandble. However, sometimes layout changes can feel rare to us we must adapt to them.

calmMango9611 June 9th

@CreativeKombucha There was given a heads up, in the community updates.

Tagging @GlenM Could you give this person the link to the latest update on this change. They were not given a heads up.

@calmMango9611 @CreativeKombucha 

Hi both of you! Here is the June 2024 Community Update :) 

Want more personalized guidance? Check out my profile
Mellietronx June 10th

@SoulfullyAButterfly I love the new format!

jason7127 June 10th

@SoulfullyAButterfly i read that at first as lego dashboard and was like woah , but its missing a O , Learn Explore Grow , i like this , can we add a O , Learn Explore Grow Optimistic , it could have copyright problems though. :) <3

InsightfulPhoenix June 10th

@SoulfullyAButterfly Omg I love this especially because this reminds me of a self-help book mental health checkin log thank you for this development and I am excited to use it soon <3 

SosiMiller June 10th

@SoulfullyAButterfly Hi, I dont understand how to see my board? im new here and kinda lost, its has been a couple of rough days for me and im having troubles really connecting with this

SoulfullyAButterfly OP June 10th

@SosiMiller Hi there, welcome to the community! You will need a member account to view the dashboard for now.

hambagucat June 10th

super excited for this idea! seems amazing and can't wait to try it out :) <3

mytwistedsoul June 10th

😐 Now I can't find my listeners. I use the browser on my phone. The chat button doesn't work and hasn't ever worked since it was created. It just stays blank.

@mytwistedsoul I used to think it was just me having issues with the chat button. It stays blank most of the time, and on the rare occasion that it does work, it loads after a very long time. Now with the chat list being gone from the dashboard, finding our listeners is so much harder.

mytwistedsoul June 11th

@exuberantBlackberry9105 I'm sorry you're having trouble with it too. Thank you for saying something here though! I really thought I was the only one with this issue. I think I had mentioned it a long time ago somewhere else here but never heard anything about it. So I thought it was just me screwing something up 😅 The group chats are missing too I just realized that 😕 It's frustrating 

@mytwistedsoul Lol, we both thought that we were the only ones with this issue, but turns out, that's not true. Hmm I see. I don't think I've mentioned it before, I just assumed it happened because my phone's really old, so some things don't work on it. Cups mostly works except for the chat page, that's the only thing I have a problem with, but I just blamed it on my phone all along.

It sure is frustrating. By the way, have you been able to figure out some way to talk to your listeners and find group chats? I hope you have. It's not fun to not be able to talk to people all of a sudden, you know. 💙

mytwistedsoul June 14th

@exuberantBlackberry9105 I've found that if I click the chat button at the top and refresh it right away they pop up. Weird. Maybe give that a try and see if it works for you? But I still don't like it. Every change that's supposed to make things better just makes it more difficult. It feels like it's all so chaotic and unorganized but that just might be me