Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Course 1, Discussion 2: The Big 5

Hope December 5th, 2022

Hello Leadership Crew!

Begin by taking the Big 5 test and answering the following questions. You can also read more on the Big 5 here and below.

✒️ What were the main things you learned about yourself?

✒️ What are your strengths as per the test and how can the strengths you identified on both tests help you in your personal life?

8V0vw3BQYtUJ2RbDJwYaBitIMfAo3N0ZcNJzngJZjc2ZfX8wNX9BoSlPd2yTaIob5fSS5cNTEMF_ANDyrwsKvBgQhaHcv7NcAE3Uj_WXJs6XuMz7cPe6Xii5swDZufxYnCjcVFAsKH8

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! tinyurl.com/Course1Discussion3

🔉This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program, find information on it here tinyurl.com/AcademyLDP

crypticwhisperss1 December 11th, 2023

@Hope

✒️ What were the main things that you learned about yourself? 

I've learned so much about myself and it's been quite an eye-opening experience. One thing that really stood out to me is that, despite sometimes coming across as a bit skeptical about challenges, I actually love taking risks and diving headfirst into new experiences. There's a thrilling sense of adventure that comes with stepping into the unknown, and I find it incredibly exciting.

Another fascinating aspect that the test revealed is my openness to new ideas. I have this genuine thirst for knowledge and a curiosity that drives me to explore fresh perspectives and innovative concepts. Engaging in deep, meaningful conversations that spark intellectual growth is far more fulfilling to me than engaging in pointless small talk. I crave those thought-provoking discussions that expand my horizons and challenge my analytical thinking.

Moreover, the test highlighted my extroverted and confident nature. Being around people, connecting, and engaging in social interactions truly energizes me. I feel at ease in social settings and enjoy the excitement and liveliness that comes with it. It brings out the best in me and allows me to express myself freely. I'm not afraid to assert my ideas and opinions, and I believe that my confidence plays a crucial role in personal growth.

✒️ What are your strengths as per the test?

Open-Mindedness: You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways (Percentile: 98%)

Conscientiousness: You are neither organized or disorganized. (Percentile: 53%)

Extraversion: You are extremely outgoing, social, and energetic. (Percentile: 96%)

Agreeableness: You are good-natured, courteous, and supportive. (Percentile: 89%)

Negative Emotionality: You tend to become anxious or nervous. (Percentile: 65%)

✒️ How can the strengths you identified on both tests help you in your personal life? 

I have found my results to be extremely accurate because I answered the questions truthfully. Overall, the Big 5 Test has provided me with deep insights into who I am as a person. It has given me the opportunity to answer without feeling ashamed that some percentages might indicate negative qualities, helping me provoke self-acceptance and curiosity. It has shown me that beneath any initial skepticism lies a passionate risk-taker who craves new experiences. It has also reinforced my love for intellectual stimulation and meaningful conversations, while highlighting my extroverted and confident nature. This newfound self-awareness empowers me to embrace my strengths, continue growing, and fully embrace the wonderful journey of self-discovery.

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers with encouraging or supportive words!

Done! 🌸✨

Thank you for this amazing discussion! 💗

~ Xaverie

ReganL December 12th, 2023

@Hope

✒️  were the main things you learned about yourself?

- I can be shut off from other folks and not speak about what I am feeling.

- I may not notice or feel like I am judging someone, however I may be doing that without knowing I am. 

- I worry a lot of the time!

✒️ What are your strengths as per the test and how can the strengths you identified on both tests help you in your personal life?✒️

Open mindedness: I did not score as high as I was hoping for this area, maybe it is a good thing maybe it is a bad thing, who knows! It shows I have some things to work on in this area  

Conscientiousness: According to my results I am not an organized person nor a disorganized person! I question if that is good or not, however one of my goals from this quarter is to be more organized so perhaps this is a sign of progress or something needing to be changed to make me successful!

Extroversion: There seems to be a trend as for this one I did not score in the social or non social area just in the middle! I think I am not a super talkie person but I also like talking to folks! Just not all day! I think this is a strength as I can get tired and warn down from talking to folks, but also have the courage to be able to talk to folks.

Agreeableness: I am very proud of this school I was extremely high which is great to see! This means I have a lot of support in me as well as other things, I no doubt think this is a strength in so many different ways! I enjoy being able to lend folks a hand so being supportive and caring is a great thing to have.

Negative Emotionally: This I did not score where I would have like to, but that is okay! I knew this was a struggle of mine, but something I have personally been working towards and getting better at! The overall strength here is not the emotions (the negative ones) but the fight to over comes those worrying and anxious thoughts, and just learning what makes me feel better and how to cope with these things!

~ Regan 

ReganL January 5th

@ReganL

I would still say it is the same for me even though now I am doing the academy program!

AwarmHEART December 16th, 2023

@Hope✒️ What were the main things you learned about yourself?

I learned that I am open-minded and a bit disorganized.

✒️ What are your strengths as per the test and how can the strengths you identified on both tests help you in your personal life?

I believe that the open-minded trait can help me to develop my skills in discussions with peers or projects that we need to construct ourselves.

safetysource12 December 22nd, 2023

Hi @AwarmHEART

Apparently I am open minded too! way to go haha

safetysource12 December 22nd, 2023

Hi @Hope !

I learnt that I am actually an introvert and prefer to keep to myself and my close circle.

I am apparently open-minded, which is a good thing. I think this helps me to be more inclusive of people and open up various paths and opportunities for myself in terms of platonic relationships and career.

4Jasmine February 21st

@safetysource12

Like you, I was not as out going as I'd like. I know you and I will become better at this over time!😊

calmstrawberry0608 December 25th, 2023

✒️ What were the main things you learned about yourself?

I learned that I'm neither introverted nor extroverted, meaning that I can be both, aka, an ambivert.

✒️ What are your strengths as per the test and how can the strengths you identified on both tests help you in your personal life?

I am open minded and tend to not get easily anxious. These can help change my mindset in new situations. 

quietlistener2023 January 1st

@Hope I guess I learned that I might be highly anxious and worry alot.

My strengths were mainly in my openness to New experiences and creativity, which people have generally said about me.  

wonderousLove3994 February 3rd

@quietlistener2023
Sounds very exciting. I got the same.

NewYorker11 January 7th

@Hope

@Hope

What were the main things you learned about yourself?

the main things that i learned about myself when taking The Big 5 Project Personality Test was that in any situation that i am placed in, i am able to be competent, to the best of my abilities. 

my strengths as per The Big 5 Test are that i am generally open minded, well organized and sociable. 

Open-Mindedness - you enjoy having new experiences

Conscientiousness - you are well organized

Extraversion - you are not extremely outgoing or extremely reserved

Agreeableness - you are generally good natured

Negative Emotionality - you remain calm in most any situation

DanCat1128 January 12th

On the ocean test this is what I got:

🐈 Open-Mindedness

High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.

You prefer traditional and familiar experiences. (Your percentile: 14)

🐈 Conscientiousness

High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.

You are well-organized, and are reliable. (Your percentile: 76)

Extraversion

🐈 High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.

You are relatively social and enjoy the company of others. (Your percentile: 65)

Agreeableness

🐈 High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.

You are good-natured, courteous, and supportive. (Your percentile: 98)

Negative Emotionality

🐈 High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.

You aren't particularly nervous, nor calm. (Your percentile: 48)

🐈 I thought I would score higher on the negative emotionality as I stress and am anxious a lot.

✒️ What are your strengths as per the test and how can the strengths you identified on both tests help you in your personal life?

🐈 I am conscientiousness and agreeable. I get along with almost everyone! Easier to work with.

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

🐈 @Kristynsmama You are very supportive and positive!! 

WhereIsRed January 16th

@Hope

I learned about my perspective regarding my friend. Some of the results were matching and I learned about my new interests

I can organise my daily routine in the way I am comfortable in

serenePeace3726 January 30th

@WhereIsRed I like that you got to compare this with your friends results. it's awesome that you are able to organize your day the way you are comfortable with.

WhereIsRed February 2nd

@serenePeace3726

love-you-my-best-friend.gif

serenePeace3726 January 30th

✒️ What were the main things you learned about yourself?it's interesting because this test looked at extraversion a little differently than the prior. I think I'm extroverted in a social situation, but I'd rather not be in a social situation. If that makes sense?I think that's why I have so many successful strong online friendships, I think I find them lessclaustrophobic.

✒️ What are your strengths as per the test and how can the strengths you identified on both tests help you in your personal life? i'm agreeable, good natured, and calm. My kids might disagree with that last one. in my personal life I think it is helpful to be good natured and kind of go with the flow. however I am assertive and will speak my mind and set my boundaries when necessary. I am reliable and disorganized, I need to work on that disorganized. The test said I probably have a messy desk, and to that I say, facts.

ChromaticFinss February 3rd

Main things I learned about myself were;

I'm an introverted person

Who likes to enjoy novel experiences

Who is not organized

Who is not so agreeable

Who is anxious and nervous

As per the test my strength was that I'm a curious person

who seeks novelty and creativity

Well the strengths that I learned from both the tests was that I'm an introverted ,unconventional person who keeps an open and imaginative mind. I think I'm someone who prioritize self than being a conformist. I need a space where I can be myself and have my own path without the invasion of others interests. I feel I'm a complex person who is being selective for people and spaces where I can engage deeply. If I'm not connecting with someone like that I hold my worries to myself only.

wonderousLove3994 February 3rd

@Hope
I learned that I'm anxious person and tend to worry about things while in the same time open to new experiences and to see the world from different view points. I thought I was contradictive before I learn more about my character and how to get the best of it.

Snowy00 February 16th

@wonderousLove3994

This is awesome! I love the fact that you have learned about your strengths and weaknesses and character and it is helping you to know how to get the best out of yourself and life. Through the course of our lives, we are constantly learning and growing and bettering ourselves. We have many many lessons yet to learn in life, no matter our age. 💗

I wish you the bestest on your journey in discovering and bettering yourself and life!

Much love,
Kayla 💛✨

Snowy00 February 16th

@Hope

I didn't really learn any new things to be honest. All of this I already knew. But the test told me that I am energetic, organized, reliable, outgoing, supportive, and good natured just a few to list.

What are your strengths as per the test and how can the strengths you identified on both tests help you in your personal life?

-Relatively open to new experiences
-Very well-organized and can be relied upon
-Extremely outgoing, social and energetic
-Good natured, courteous, and supportive
-Generally relaxed

Being organized helps me to stay relaxed in my personal life. It also helps me to be able to be reliable. When I say I am going to do something, I almost always do it. I love to talk to people and make new connections and help where I can. In most situations in life, even the dark times, I find the light in the situation and hold my head up and keep going. I always have a smile on my face. I push through the pain to keep going and I love to support people. All of the things in both tests, help me to be able to do my job as a Substance Abuse Technician effectively and make differences in the lives of my clients. My empathy, compassion, leadership abilities, charisma, and reliability helps to gain the trust and respect of the clients I work with on a daily basis. I truly enjoy living life and I don't let anything steal my joy and my beautiful smile. 😊

I will post a reply to a peer after posting this discussion.

WishUponAStar968 February 19th

@Hope

I learned overall that I'm not as balanced as I thought I would be.  I can actively listen, engage and understand others, yet I tend to not think positively on myself and could be more extroverted in real life and foster relationships/groups more (be more interactive).  I also tend to think "negatively" and I want to change those negative thoughts to "what if" thoughts and more open minded self judgement on myself and produce a more positive self image of me.

Some strengths I have per test, is that I am very open minded new to ideas and seeing things from different points of view, I also scored high on Agreeableness and I do see myself being a team player and agreeing on topics and trying to be an active listener and being supportive.  I know I support many and that is a personality trait I am proud of.

Open-Mindedness- I enjoy having noved experiences and seeing things in new ways. 87%

Conscientiousness- I am well organised, and reliable. 76%

Extraversion- I probably enjoy spending quiet time alone.  16%

Agreeableness- I am good-natured, courteous and supportive. 86%

Negative Emotionality- I am a generally anxious person and tend to worry about a lot of things. 97%

Responded to other member- done!

Countrygirl095 February 19th

@WishUponAStar968 wish upon a star that's cool you're very similar to mine and I'm so proud of you. Keep pushing through.

Countrygirl095 February 19th

@HopeTaking the ocean test was indeed a revealing experience. It provided me with valuable insights into my own personality and traits. Overall, the test matched me right on the money, validating certain aspects of my behavior and tendencies.

One aspect that the test highlighted is my ability to adapt to new situations. It recognized my ability to remain calm and collected even in challenging circumstances, which is a valuable skill in both personal and professional settings. This realization has boosted my confidence and helped me understand my ability to handle pressure effectively.

Another aspect that the test correctly identified is my strong intuition and decision-making abilities. It recognized my ability to trust my instincts and rely on my judgment in crucial situations. This self-awareness has encouraged me to trust my own instincts and make decisions that align with my values and priorities.

Additionally, the test highlighted my independence and self-reliance. It recognized my tendency to prefer working alone and being in control of my own destiny. This realization has reinforced my belief in the importance of autonomy and encouraged me to embrace opportunities for personal growth.

Lastly, the test recognized my curiosity and thirst for knowledge. It highlighted my natural inclination to explore new ideas and experiences, which keeps me engaged and intellectually stimulated. This realization has inspired me to continue seeking knowledge and expanding my horizons.

Overall, taking the ocean test has been a valuable experience that has provided me with a deeper understanding of myself. It has allowed me to identify and confirm certain aspects of my personality and behavior, which were previously difficult to put into words. I am grateful for the test's accuracy in matching me right on the money, as it has helped me gain valuable insights into my own strengths and weaknesses. 

Here's what the ocean said about me Open-Mindedness
        High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.
        You are somewhat conventional.     (Your percentile: 28)

Conscientiousness
        High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.
        You tend to do things somewhat haphazardly.     (Your percentile: 38)

Extraversion
        High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.
        You are neither particularly social or reserved.     (Your percentile: 52)

Agreeableness
        High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.
        You find it easy to criticize others.     (Your percentile: 1)

Negative Emotionality
        High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.
        You tend to become anxious or nervous.
JustSophia February 22nd

@StompingOnCP

Hey CP.  I found your post well thought out and admire your ability to highlight these strengths in yourself.  I also really appreciated your willingness to be so vulnerable in posting your results here.  That demonstrates confidence.  Thanks for all of your sharing!

JustSophia February 22nd

@Hope

I am confident in knowing most aspects of myself, which the test validated.  However, it is always good to be reminded that one never can stop learning. I discovered that I was pulled in two different directions in answering the questions– how I behave at home, and how I behave in a professional or educational environment.  They are sometimes different.  Some things aren’t, like my creativity.  It just shows up in a little bit different ways depending on where you find me.  However, I wouldn’t be terribly proud for professional colleagues to see what a slob I can be at home.  That is completely different than how I truly prefer to behave in a more professional setting.  I suppose I actually like to be organized at home too – when I can convince myself to do so lol.   Anyway – it just reminded me about how different aspects of our personalities might be highlighted depending on our context or circumstances and that allowing ourselves room for that (in terms of compassion, as well as potential) is probably wise.

The two main strengths they appeared to have in common are that:

I am extremely creative.  I scored just about 100% in open-mindedness on this test and I’d say that’s true.  At home this expresses itself in artistic endeavors, creative problem-solving, passionate exploration and expression of ideas.  These things help me take care of myself emotionally (inspiring fulfillment as well as coping with challenges), and they give me the confidence to address difficult challenges.  The open-mindedness part of it helps me to listen to what others have to say, be more accepting of who people are, and be curious about things that tend to be helpful (like figuring out to rewire a lamp). 

I scored squarely in the middle in terms of extraversion/introversion on both tests.  I’d say that’s mostly a strength, too, as the extraverted side might be more inclined to be comfortable making connections with others, and the introverted side might be better at self-nurturing and gaining insight through quiet observation.

JustSophia February 22nd

@JustSophia

Ok, I'm going to demonstrate my tendency toward negative emotionality here but what's with the formatting?  Arg. lol

TheOnlyChresser February 22nd

@JustSophia Its always good to score high on openness i scored close to max too :D. Always good to know we have something in common!

TheOnlyChresser February 22nd

Ive learned im low on neuroticism which is always a good thing. I found out im a really open person. Ive also learnt that im extrovert if the factors are cheerfulness (scored max there), assertiveness and friendliness. Im also high on conscientiousness which ive never thought about.

My strengths is my high openness, my high 
conscientiousness, my high sympathy, my low neuroticism and high extroversion (in the way they measure it). It can help me in my personal life sine i know i would fit a management job well.

4Jasmine February 25th

@Hope

My strengths were similar on both tests and not surprising.

Strengths: Independent, thinking out of the box, hardworking, dependable, conscientious, competent, self-disciplined, goal oriented, warm, agreeable, trustworthy, cooperative, good-natured, helpful, empathetic, secure, and practical

The one area that dramatically changed was my assertiveness. Now I am very quite. 

I used to be assertive before family issues escalated to a point beyond no return. I used to have multiple leadership roles in my community, which slowly evaporated like the morning mist. That is what brought me to 7 Cups. 

4Jasmine February 27th

@4Jasmine

I am also open-minded, agreeable and remain calm, secure, hardy, can be relied upon, supportive, think out of the box and conscientious.

All of my strengths from both tests help me deal with difficult situations, often beyond my control. 

4Jasmine February 25th

@Hope

My personal strengths help me daily to go on, and desire to be a part of something bigger than me or my situation! 

sky2Ocean20 February 27th

@Hope

--> I learned The 5 big elements of my personality. I have mixed feelings about the accuracy of it.

--> Open Mindedness: High score(94) I strongly agree that it is one of my best strengths.

Conscientiousness: showed a neutral result. But a little bit leaning towards more organized. 

Extraversion: Tend to shy away from social situations. this is somewhat true. 

Agreeableness: Tend to consider the feelings of others

Negative Emotionality: showed a high score which is not always the case I believe. 

Altogether it is an opportunity for me to see my strengths and weaknesses and I am definitely working on my weaknesses.

4Jasmine February 27th

@sky2Ocean20

We have some similar strengths and weakness. I can relate to your views. I am happy that you openly shared with us your personal thoughts on what you discovered about yourself. It is not easy. Great job! 

PetiteSouris March 1st

@Hope @yourbuddy30

✒️What were the main things you learned about yourself? The results of the quiz stated that I dont seek out new opportunities. I didn't agree to that, as I am always searching new experiences every single day. I am a bit hesitant to venture into unknown places but if I find it safe I will seize the day. 

✒️What are your strengths as per the test and how can the strengths you identified on both tests help you in your personal life? My strengths are my organization skills, as well as my my reliability.

✒️Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words! @safetysource12, Your open-mindedness will help you in active listening as it will be beneficial to many people including 7 cups members. 

CatHanderOutNoah March 3rd

@Hope

I am apparently pretty introvert. I thought I was an extrovert lol.

I learned I am close-minded. I also apparently tend be stressed or anxious about stuff commonly. I’m not super forgiving, nor am I super irritated. I also learned that I am very surprised about is the fact I am very unorganized person hehe.

I couldn’t find anyone to support hehe (this forum is so chaoticcc)

March 8th

@Hope

@Hope

I learned that I like helping others and I like to keep myself busy and distract and I'm comfortable with people's with same vibe

O-75% you welcome to new ideaa

C- 54%

E- 54% You are neither particularly social or reserved

A- 85% You are good-natured, courteous, and supportive

N- 56%

daydreammemories March 11th

@brightLynx1428

That's awesome : )

Renjik8013 March 10th

The result is just what I expected about myself. However, I feel like I may have a high score in conscientiousness because I tend to keep my tasks organised for now.

Open Mindedness: You typically don't seek out new experiences

Conscientiousness: you probably have a messy desk

Extraversion: you probably enjoy spending quiet time alone

Agreeableness: you are neither extremely forgiving nor irritable

Negative Emotionality: You tend to become anxious or afraid

daydreammemories March 11th

@Hope

Im open minded and enjoy seeing things in new ways. im neither organized nor disorganized. I find it easy to express irritation with others and i usually get anxious easily.

i mostly see my open minded state as a strength, it helps me think about see other perspectives and opinions and think and choose better options : )

Mik00l April 4th

@Hope

I have understood better a lot of things about myself including that i tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.
O
n the other hand I can be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous;
However, sometimes I'm nervous, insecure, worrying and are somewhat conventional.

in the big five test i found myself to have a big quality called agreeableness which means im very easy to find common grounds in any situation which makes human connection an easy task to have to do..

In both tests i find myself as a person who values human connections and try my best to enhance such connection so its helping me pursue my happiness when i talk to people like you here