Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Group Support Member Oath

Heather July 27th, 2015

Hey everyone!

As our Group Support rooms continue to grow, it is becoming increasingly important that we work together to ensure these remain a safe and supportive place.

With this in mind, I have created a special oath especially for members who participate in the Group Support rooms.

Today, I would like all of our 7 Cups to chat room users to show their support and commitment to keeping these rooms a wonderful, caring and compassionate space.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could copy and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign it with your username like this:

Signed: //Heather//
Date: 7/27/2015

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this oath. As a special honour, it will show beside your name in the chat rooms to show your commitment to ensuring these rooms are a safe environment. All you need to do is post the oath to ensure you earn it!

LilacForgetMeNot January 10th, 2020

@Heather

I, LilacForgetMeNot, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests.

To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed: LilacForgetMeNot

10/1/20

brightStrawberry3166 July 7th, 2020

@Heather

I, brightStrawberry3166, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.

To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.

To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.

To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed: brightStrawberry3166

07/07/2020

Heather OP July 27th, 2015

I, XX, pledge,

Signed Heather
7/27/15

OrangeCaramelPop August 5th, 2015

I, Orange, pledge,

Signed OrangeCaramelPop

6/8/15

Woyforshort August 28th, 2015

I, Woyforshort, pledge,

musicalSea09 September 5th, 2015

I, musicalSea09, pledge,

Signed musicalSea09

09/05/2015

IamNicole December 4th, 2016

@Heather

I, Nicole, pledge,

Signed Nicole
4/12/16

RyanFrancis May 13th, 2020

I, RyanFrancis, pledge,

Signed RyanFrancis
05/13/15

Laura July 27th, 2015

I, Laura, pledge,

Signed LAURA
7/27/15

caringSmiles20 July 27th, 2015

I, CaringSmiles20, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the group support rooms.

To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members, and guests.

To understand that the 7 cups chat rooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

To use the refer button any time I see a guest or member who is in danger of harming themselves.

To engage in thoughtful, emphatic conversations which are representative of teh 7 cups mission.

To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, no matter what, I can only control myself.

To never engage in harmful behavior, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.

To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflicts at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed

CaringSmiles20

​27/7/2015

AshlynHeart27 July 27th, 2015

I, Ashlyn, pledge,

Signed AshlynHeart27
7/28/15 (or 28/7/15)

ValentineLove July 27th, 2015

I, ValentineLove, pledge,

Signed ValentineLove
7/27/15

Monarda July 27th, 2015

I, Monarda, pledge,

Misanthropy July 27th, 2015

I, Daniel (Misanthropy), pledge,

Signed Daniel
7/27/15

tinyraindrop July 28th, 2015

I, Bee, pledge,

Signed Bee (tinyraindrop)
7/27/15

Littleace423 July 28th, 2015

I, Brittany, pledge

brandonaro16 July 28th, 2015

I, Brandon, pledge,

Signed Brandon

7/28/15

Somebudy2luv July 28th, 2015

I, Somebudy2luv, Pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone i encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button anytime i see a guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representatives of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what i can only conyrol myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who i do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed Somebudy2luv 7/28/2015

NR365 July 28th, 2015

I, Nick, pledge all this as well- I just can't copy and paste on my mobile. Signed, Nick July 28,2015

sincereOwl7815 July 28th, 2015

I owl, pledge,

To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests.To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times.To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole.

Signed owl

7/28/15

Chanelley2404 July 28th, 2015

I, Chanelle, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed Chanelle 7/28/15

lovelyMacy July 28th, 2015

I,Macy, pledge,

Signed, Macy
7/28/15

Nektari July 28th, 2015

I, Nektari, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Nektari, 28 July 2015

D14na July 28th, 2015

I, D14na, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed D14na

SkyUnicorn July 28th, 2015

I, SkyUnicorn, pledge,

Signed SkyUnicorn
28/07/15

GreenDuck2016 July 28th, 2015

I, GreenDuck2016, pledge To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms.To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests.To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times.To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers.To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves.To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission.To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself.To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions.To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms.To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed GreenDuck2016 7/28/15

Seraphina2 July 28th, 2015

I Seraphina2, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed Seraphina2 7/28/15

Avocado6486 July 28th, 2015

I, Avo, pledge,

Signed Avo

7/27/15

avamay July 28th, 2015

I, Ava, pledge To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed, Ava 27/07/15

jessobecka July 28th, 2015

I, Jessica, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed Jessica 7/27/15

Fatvegan July 28th, 2015

I fatvegan, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed fatvegan

courageousTurtle6735 July 28th, 2015

I, natalie pledge To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed, NATALIE

Crisprxo July 28th, 2015

I, natalie pledge To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed, Crispr

RiverWillow93 July 28th, 2015

I, RiverWillow pledge,

Signed RiverWillow
7/28/15

Crisprxo July 28th, 2015

CORRECTION I, CRISPR, pledge To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed, Crispr

magnanimousSummer68 July 28th, 2015

I, magnanimousSummer68, pledge,

Signed magnanimousSummer68

alexcaduceus July 28th, 2015

I Alex, pledge, to be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chat rooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behavior, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed alexcaduceus 7/28/15

Savana14 July 28th, 2015

I, Savana, pledge To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed, Savana14

KfindingSpeaceK July 28th, 2015

I, KfindingSpeaceK, pledge,

To understand that the 7 Cups chat rooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn.

Signed KfindingSpeaceK
7/28/15

SleepsACheapTrick July 28th, 2015

I, SleepsACheapTrick, pledge, To be kind, compassionate, considerate, patient, open-minded and non-judgmental with everyone I encounter in the Group Support rooms. To always show respect to all moderators, listeners, members and guests. To carefully read and abide by all chat room rules at all times. To understand that the 7 Cups chatrooms are special, unique places on the internet to grow and learn. To help and steer conversations away from negativity, inappropriate subject matter and potential triggers. To use the refer button any time I see a Guest and Members who is in danger of harming themselves. To engage in thoughtful, empathic conversations which are representative of the 7 Cups mission. To take ownership of my own behavior, as an individual, knowing that no matter what, I can only control myself. To show my support and respect to those leading or participating in any discussions or support sessions. To never engage in harmful behaviour, such as trolling or spamming the rooms. To mute others who I do not wish to engage with and to avoid conflict at all times for the sake of the room as a whole. Signed: sleep 7/28/15