Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Loneliness on 7Cups

MeMyselfAndHer May 14th, 2017

Hello guys smiley

I have been on 7Cups for a little while and I have to say that, in some occasions, it has been helpful...in some others, it has been actually very frustrating.

I got here, as I believe many of you, searching for support, friendship, or, most likely, just someone to talk to. I live a very lonely life, in a desperately isolated place (an island with few hundreds inhabitants), and, unfortunately, I have several psychologic problems (or psychiatric?...who knows...) that developed after a not easy life. The last 3 years, especially, have just been a daily torture, a sequence of bad events that corroded me little by little. As I just wrote, I live on a little island, here we only have 2 little food stores, nothing else. Until few months ago, we didn't even have a general doctor, so, no chance to find any kind of help from professionals in the psychiatric/psychologic field. Once reached the bottom of my sorrow and despair, and having nobody that could help me, I found 7Cups.

I talked to some listeners, wrote here and there...and figured out so many times it feels like talking to myself...I wasn't able to build any stable "talking friendship", which is what I actually need. I feel like a throw stones to the void...just write sentences that maybe noone will ever read, and for sure, that noone will answer to.

I am pretty sure I am not the only one feeling like this here... I don't want this to sound like a complaint, 7Cups is anyway good, but I wish I could find someone who wants to just keep talking to me, and that wants to be listened.

Is my hope in vain? heart

LittlebitofHope March 9th, 2020

@kindPear7805

Hey Kindpear!

I don't know if I can offer help but I want to try, cause this is a place meant for healing. You'll get through this no matter how dark it feels <3

mazrimtaim March 21st, 2020

@kindPear7805All we can do is offer our ears. We are all at different stages of depression and anxiety. I am here if you just want to talk to someone. I don't know if I give good advice, but I can listen really well.

lovehummingbirdsCindy March 22nd, 2020

Hi kindPear7805, congratulations on being here. You are not alone.

TomboyVale March 28th, 2020

@kindPear7805 if you need help with self harm you can just text me, we can talk in private and discuss about it

agreeableSail1544 March 31st, 2020

@kindPear7805 One thing I am not going to do -offer you some glib home spun advice when I know nothing about your personal circumstances. However, I suggest, (if you can) that you acknowledge you aren't being depressed on purpose. Without trying to cheer you up I will say that 1)depression 2) guilt 3) shame 4 (any number of personal horrors.....only compound the difficulties. Stick to just navigating depression. It won't make you life and soul of the party but it might (yes just might) make things a teeny weeny bit more bearable. And if I'm simply being pig ignorant, then I apologize profusely.

Sulwe May 5th, 2020

@kindPear7805 I appreciate the fact that you are very self aware. That is one big step to finding solutions to challenges.

PaolaLeite May 11th, 2020

@kindPear7805

if you wanna talk, pls send me a message

bc youre not alone thats for sure

at least im with you if you wanna chat sooo...

24/7 im here for you

Eva4061 May 12th, 2020

@kindPear7805 it's okay, listeners here are trained to have patience with stubborn people also :)

binabanana March 21st, 2020

I feel so lonely like no one understands the kind of pain i've been through. like i'm worthless and i'll never be seen for who i am and i just can't take the pain anymore. but i'm kind of glad i've found 7cups it makes you feel less lonely to know other people understand and care

lovehummingbirdsCindy March 22nd, 2020

Hi Binabanana; you have friends here you are not alone. You know when I was younger I had strong feelings like that; and its true that often things blow over and you feel better later. Or sometimes not but you get through it. We all take it day by day but be proud of yourself for being here. Together we will be ok. You will too! Just keep trying. That is all we do, right?

agreeableSail1544 March 31st, 2020

@binabanana No, I probably don't understand (fully) the pain you have been through but I can begin by acknowledging it is real. I respect your need for support and I admire your candid approach. I sincerely wish you the very best in your struggles.

Unexistinggirl6 March 22nd, 2020

I had depression when I was about 11 years old, so as you may have imagined, my life wasn't glorious. I had an abusive man, who I had to call "dad", living in the same house as me. As much as I admired him since he was hardworking and had lots of diploms, I also hated him. I hated him for treating me l

Unexistinggirl6 March 22nd, 2020

Like worthless garbage. (Sry klicked the wrong button)

I am not ready to talk about what he did to me, but it was awful. At the age of 11 I started feeling down and empty all the time. At first I didn't think much about it, then I read an article saying that over 80% of the population has experienced depression. That maded me asked myself "Am I depressed?"

From that on, I started collecting information about depression. First I thought I just had blues or that it was just a phase but when I got 12 and noticed I didn't get better, I realised I really was depressed.

At first I kept it inside and teared it up but one day I decided it couldn't go on liked that and talked to my mother about it. During that time my "dad" wasn't abusing me anymore, no...he was abusing my little 10 years old sister and it hurted to see that she was going through tje same rhings I went through. I was the only one who understood how it feels like to get assaulted!

My mother only made things worst. Instead of helping me, she made fun of me because of it and when my father found out, (mom told him) he bursted out in laughter saying that's what I get from still being alive and how I should just go die he even called me names like "suicidal little h*e"...you can't how I felt that day.Now

I'm 13 and I'm still depressed and unfortunatly also fiting anxiety and self-harm not to mention szicidal thougths. I really don't know what to do and I beg for you help before it's to late....thx

kelcale June 4th, 2020

@Unexistinggirl6

How are you doing these days hon? I read your posts and hope you have gotten some help smiley

Unexistinggirl6 February 20th, 2022

Wow I can't believe it's been 2 years already... Well I'm 15 now and I only got more trauma and a broken sense of humor😂

calmsoulmeet March 22nd, 2020

At times I feel that I am not wanted on 7cups , since not many people talk with me and those who do talk , stop talking after some time. Maybe the problem lies with me . May be I am a boring geeky person who no one wants to spend time with . May be I am not a lovable person. :(

optimisticWillow1712 March 28th, 2020

Hi @calmsoulmeet 💕

You should be here and you are loved! All of the listeners here at 7 cups are here because we want to help you and we are willing to listen. I know how hard it is when you feel like you're alone but trust me, you're not❤️ there are so many people that love you and appreciate you in this world. We're all here for you!

calmsoulmeet March 28th, 2020

@optimisticWillow1712

Thank you so much . Means a lot to me . 🧡🧡🧡

optimisticWillow1712 March 28th, 2020

@calmsoulmeet

You're so welcome💛 feel free to shoot me a message if you want to chat about anything!

mytwistedsoul May 4th, 2020

@calmsoulmeet Hey :) I feel the same way. Not just here though. Every where. Some of its my fault I guess. I have a hard time just with people in general. And I have a habit of isolating and keeping to myself. Anxiety makes me feel like a pita so I worry I'm bothering everyone or I feel incredibly stupid and can't understand anything. Idk - I just want you to know you're not alone with these thoughts

Be gentle with yourself

March 28th, 2020

@MeMyselfAndHer

As someone who has felt the same thing, I can tell you that your efforts aren't in vain. There are sooo many listeners here that you're almost guaranteed to find someone you "click" with (pun intended). Be patient, stay willing to reach out, and don't be too hard on yourself. It's a really great feeling when you meet someone who reflects the same qualities you would want in a friend.

Unexistinggirl6 March 28th, 2020

I was always maniging my depression alone but the fact that my relatives know about that but just don't care really hurts. I tried explaining it to a friend of mine who also had depression but she just told me to deal with it.... Now I'm here on my own again. I guess it's how it was meant to be...

Lynne1974 April 1st, 2020

I don't know about other people here, but I also suffer from anxiety disorders, C-PTSD, and BPD, in addition to depression. Feels like I never get a break, or have any peace. My bf is also a heroin and meth addict, so that adds a great deal of stress. Had to save him from overdose a couple of days ago. I'll be honest...I'm frequently suicidal, but try to cling to any small shred of hope I can find. Sorry...TMI probably.

DJJAVIPRODUCTIONS April 1st, 2020

Hi. I just feel lonely and empty often. It's like nobody really wants to interact with me. Anyone know how to cope?

Piinkrose717 April 11th, 2020

I had a near death car accident 13 years ago and I have PTSD depression panic attacks. Last week one of my friends sent me a video of dead body bags from corona virus and it made me depressed. I don

Lizmarie4967 April 16th, 2020

I feel really lonely right now. I've been forced to move back home and take my classes online due to the Coronavirus. I'm very extroverted. I really thrive on interacting with other people and it's been really hard for me to not be around other people. On top of that I miss my boyfriend so much. We go to different colleges so normally our relationship is long distance, but even then we normally get to spend every other weekend together. Now we're both at home, living in the same town, and we can't even see each other. It sucks so much. I miss him so much. Often when I think about him or when I text him I cry. And I've talked to him about it and he's really sweet and supportive but I don't want to overwhelm him with my negative emotions. It's not his job to be my therapist. I'd really like some advice on how to be more positive when I'm thinking about everyone that I miss and maybe some advice on how to feel less lonely right now.

GreatestClassiest April 20th, 2020

All are fighting against loneliness

SunflowersNeedRainStorms May 9th, 2020

@Hashib22 That's true but your own company is the best company. And your own love is going to be the best love you ever receive.

roark112 April 20th, 2020

Hello i am new to this but i am very lonely and alomst incosolable. I am also suffering from P.T.S.D. and mild depression. I am trying to cope with being abused as a child, and my family leaving me because of my P.T.S.D. I just feel like a dog that has been in the fight too long sometimes. All i ever wanted was a family and now they do not want me.

Ariverrunsthroughit April 20th, 2020

@roark112

I'm sorry your struggling. That's what were here for. It's good that you recognize your feelings and experiences. What does your daily routine look like? Do you try and workout and do things to distract your mind a little bit?

italiangramma April 24th, 2020

@Ariverrunsthroughit i agree. i'm sorry for what you're going through, it's really awful. but taking little steps to take care of yourself throughout the day can make a difference, even really tiny things like reading a book for fifteen minutes or going on a quick walk.

kelcale April 29th, 2020

I suffer from depression and loneliness, very painful at times. I know it's something within myself that I need to work on but feel like I lack support with it...hoping I will find others here who understand how it feels and that we can help each other through it smiley

NightOwl5280 May 7th, 2020

@kelcale you've come to the right place! I think we're all dealing with loneliness even more than usual during the pandemic. I'm honestly impressed at how positive your post was! If you're relatively new here on 7 cups welcome!

please continue to connect with us all on the forum and consider joining a chat with one of us listeners or groups

we can all help each other fight loneliness 😊

kelcale May 7th, 2020

@NightOwl5280

Thank you so much! It helps to know that there are others I can reach out to smiley

staya1ivef0rme61 May 4th, 2020

@MeMyselfAndHer i feel you. i guess part of it is because we are online and we arent allowed to share personal info, so its hard to deepen friendships. stay strong and take it one day at a time

brightTree5008 May 5th, 2020

@staya1ivef0rme61

Yes. I wish there was a way to "friend" people on here. For those of us who need consistency, it can help support our development path. But I too understand this would take a lot of design and thought.

Joil May 6th, 2020

I feel down.

necrodancer May 6th, 2020

I feel like the ocean doesn't have depth anymore - that's the only way I can explain. Things aren't the same, people aren't the same. Birds don't sing and the flowers have all died. I'm struggling in my plight against change and repetition. In desperate need of excitement, In desperate need of something.

Joil May 6th, 2020

Hey guys.I feel really down, can't really talk to anyone.

NightOwl5280 May 7th, 2020

@Joil hey thanks for reaching out to us. If you want to talk please reach out to one of our listeners. If you'd like to talk to me, here's my link https://www.7cups.com/19941802

We're here for you