Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Loneliness on 7Cups

MeMyselfAndHer May 14th, 2017

Hello guys smiley

I have been on 7Cups for a little while and I have to say that, in some occasions, it has been helpful...in some others, it has been actually very frustrating.

I got here, as I believe many of you, searching for support, friendship, or, most likely, just someone to talk to. I live a very lonely life, in a desperately isolated place (an island with few hundreds inhabitants), and, unfortunately, I have several psychologic problems (or psychiatric?...who knows...) that developed after a not easy life. The last 3 years, especially, have just been a daily torture, a sequence of bad events that corroded me little by little. As I just wrote, I live on a little island, here we only have 2 little food stores, nothing else. Until few months ago, we didn't even have a general doctor, so, no chance to find any kind of help from professionals in the psychiatric/psychologic field. Once reached the bottom of my sorrow and despair, and having nobody that could help me, I found 7Cups.

I talked to some listeners, wrote here and there...and figured out so many times it feels like talking to myself...I wasn't able to build any stable "talking friendship", which is what I actually need. I feel like a throw stones to the void...just write sentences that maybe noone will ever read, and for sure, that noone will answer to.

I am pretty sure I am not the only one feeling like this here... I don't want this to sound like a complaint, 7Cups is anyway good, but I wish I could find someone who wants to just keep talking to me, and that wants to be listened.

Is my hope in vain? heart

HealingBrokenWIngs September 13th, 2021

@MeMyselfAndHer

Hi there! I'm so sorry to hear that you've been feeling that way. I can assure you that you are never alone. Your hope is also never in vain. I hope you are able to find some help here soon!! If you're currently a teen, you can message me any time!! (if not it might be a little while before thats an option, sorry) <3

Take good care!! <3

empathicYosu1506 September 16th, 2021

@MeMyselfAndHer

I'm sorry you went through such bad experience, it must have been so hard to feel lonely and frustrated in your place.

I would be happy to be your friend and talk to you about anything, and I mean it. And we are all here for you and will make sure you don't feel disconnected and talking to yourself only. You deserve to be heard, listened to, cared for. You deserve to have good friends ❤️

HealingTalk April 26th, 2023

I hope you find a stable and supportive listener or friend in Cups.