Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

Iz2ysgay May 21st, 2016

I'm not a "listener" on here yet, but I take an oath to adhere to all the seven cups goals and values. @Laura

Sweetsheep May 21st, 2016

@Iz2ysgay kewl

emotionalBunny31 January 15th, 2020
RogueBaka February 4th, 2020

@emotionalBunny31

Morriz98 February 4th, 2020

@RogueBaka

I Morriz, Pledge to my fellow community member to respect the community guidelines that are set before me on this website and that are followed by my fellow community members.

I am trust and uphold rules as they are set for our own safety and to make this a place where everyone can trust that personal information even if discussed with a handful of people still remains personal.

That is all i can think of. If there is anymore i should add please comment and i will make updates accordingly.

Signed: // Morriz //

KimT2410 February 6th, 2020

@Morriz98

I, Kimberly Torres, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //Kimberly Torres//
Date: 02/05/2020

needagoodplacej February 6th, 2020

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //needagoodplacej//

duckford123 February 8th, 2020

@needagoodplacej

I, duckford123, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //duckford123//
Date: 2/8/2020

PTSDWARRIOR30 February 5th, 2023

I__________pledge a moral oath

before my fellow community members, making

them my witnesses, that I read and understood

the community guidelines and ensure its

compliance during my stay at 7Cups

I will treat my fellow listeners with

compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and

being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in

the community.

I understand as a community we are here to

provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my

conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any

concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing

my experiences and learning with them to grow

as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the

community and understand how I will react to

any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and

support each other in building the community

better for everyone.

Signed://PTSDWARRIOR30//

bestWatermelon7863 February 9th, 2020

@RogueBaka

I, bestwatermelon, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //bestwatermelon//

ezzierel February 11th, 2020

@RogueBaka

I, ezzierel, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //ezzierel//

Date: Tuesday, Feb, 11, 2020

conscientiousBanana2340 January 23rd, 2020

@Sweetsheep

toughBalloon2877 January 25th, 2020

@conscientiousBanana2340

funnyAcai4987 January 26th, 2020

@toughBalloon2877

californiastubbedtoe January 31st, 2020

@funnyAcai4987

enthusiasticAcres5743 February 3rd, 2020

@toughBalloon2877

fearlessPal6489 February 6th, 2020

@enthusiasticAcres5743

Centimeters October 30th, 2016

@Iz2ysgay

23Sam January 21st, 2020

@Centimeters

shygirl73 January 29th, 2020

@Centimeters

eunoia66 February 4th, 2020

@Centimeters

TURBOE May 28th, 2018

@Iz2ysgay i am proud

gentleBranch5004 January 10th, 2020

@TURBOE

Aj1105 January 10th, 2020

@gentleBranch5004

versatilePerson1717 January 11th, 2020

@Aj1105

theatrelifetech January 19th, 2020

Yay@versatilePerson1717

greenPineapple2008 February 4th, 2023

Heloo:)

helloDen1665 August 25th, 2023

@versatilePerson1717

ireneblue13 January 12th, 2020

@Iz2ysgay

RayOfNoHope January 13th, 2020

@Iz2ysgay dunno lol

musoperson2 January 15th, 2020

I, N, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

As there are no other avenues to follow to get quick support I will attempt to jump through the required hoops set by admin despite condescending overtones and inaccessibility.

Signed: N
Date: 15/01/20

January 19th, 2020

@musoperson2

I, Copper , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

As there are no other avenues to follow to get quick support I will attempt to jump through the required hoops set by admin despite condescending overtones and inaccessibility.

Signed: Copper
Date: 19/01/20

futureroyal January 21st, 2020

@Coppersulphate

I, rose, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: rose
Date: 1/20/20

benff January 21st, 2020

@futureroyal

I, ben, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: ben
Date: 1/21/20

GreenSpiralNotebook January 24th, 2020

@benff

I, Green, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Green spiral notebook
Date: 01-23-20

Anrei January 24th, 2020

@GreenSpiralNotebook

I, Liana, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Liana (Anrei)
Date: 24/1/20

xtwilight January 25th, 2020

@Anrei

I, Cee, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Cee (xtwilight)
Date: 24/1/20

resourcefulsky9876 January 25th, 2020

@xtwilight

I, resourcefulsky, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Resourcefulsky9876//
Date: 26/1/2020

funnyYard3903 January 27th, 2020

@resourcefulsky9876

I, _______KT____________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //KT//

NorthZero915 February 1st, 2020

@funnyYard3903

I, Gavin, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I have read and understand the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I understand that as a community, we are here to provide and seek support.

Signed: //Gavin//
Date: 1/31/2020