Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Course 3, Discussion 4: One Key Metric

FrenchToast December 5th, 2022

It is pretty easy to get knocked off track in life. One way to stay on track is to have a core metric that guides you. If you have a north star that you are working towards, then you know how well you are doing. It is harder to be in denial or to participate in activities that are less helpful in meeting that goal.

Please watch this video

There are 2 parts to this discussion.

✒️ Work with your team or mentor and identify the key metric you are hoping to help move. Post daily (or the cadence that makes sense) in the 3 key things thread to highlight what you are doing to help us move 7 Cups forward. Please post here why this goal of choosing a single metric is important. Think of how this is important in your professional life, but also how this can help you personally as well.

✒️ (TW: themes that deal with death) Read chapter 12 of our Searching Soul book and do the exercise where you imagine it is the end of your life. If comfortable, post what you imagine people saying to you at the conclusion of the exercise. If comfortable, then please share how the exercise impacted you. What you imagine them telling you is your compass. If you are acting in a way that is consistent with what they are saying, then it is very likely that you will end up living a meaningful life. Remember to listen to and follow this compass so as not to be distracted by the clock.

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here!

🔉This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program, find information on it here tinyurl.com/AcademyLDP

January 5th, 2023

@FrenchToastClub

✒️ Work with your team or mentor and identify the key metric you are hoping to help move. Post daily (or the cadence that makes sense) in the 3 key things thread to highlight what you are doing to help us move 7 Cups forward. Please post here why this goal of choosing a single metric is important. Think of how this is important in your professional life, but also how this can help you personally as well.

I'm part of the Needs Reply Team, hence our key metric is to ensure everyone feels listened to in the forums. It is important when identifying a metric that it is measurable and we understand what the end intention is. This can help in my professional life, as they will help me 'manage by fact', and achieve goals faster by having the right strategies in place.

It is difficult to measure now many Needs Replies are completed and if this is the key metric, I'll speak about this with my leader to see if we are able to measure the performance in a easier way.

✒️ (TW: themes that deal with death) Read chapter 12 of our Searching Soul book and do the exercise where you imagine it is the end of your life. If comfortable, post what you imagine people saying to you at the conclusion of the exercise. If comfortable, then please share how the exercise impacted you. What you imagine them telling you is your compass. If you are acting in a way that is consistent with what they are saying, then it is very likely that you will end up living a meaningful life. Remember to listen to and follow this compass so as not to be distracted by the clock.

Completed but would rather not share my answer.

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

I will do it when a peer appears!

CallumCares421 January 20th, 2023

@LlamaLizz

Good answer :o

Heart4art April 13th, 2023

@LunaHere I didn't know there was a needs reply team~ 😊

pandanfe September 2nd, 2023

@LunaHere

I'm a room supporter (Depression room support), a part of Safety patrol and needs reply team. I'm trying to provide as much time as I can supporting people and keeping the site safe. Also, this gives me a sense of responsibility that I've upon each individual.

At the end, I want to be recognized by the dreams (aims that i've set) that I wanna fulfill. So I guess I don't really have time to waste it on things that's not productive or is a service.

starryCandy6123 December 17th, 2023

If it was the end of my life, I guess people would say, they were sad at my passing, they would say I was a nice person, good friend and a family man. Honest and reliable

sunnySea4551 January 20th, 2023

@FrenchToastClub

because focusing on one over all goal will help you stay focused

CallumCares421 January 20th, 2023

I'm part of the chatroom moderator group in TCR. Our key metric is to keep a safe and fun environment in there. This is important in my personal life because it gives me a sense of accomplishment. When I joined 7cups as a member, I saw the moderators uh... modding, seeing how hard they worked to help us... I knew I wanted to do that.

I did it.... but I'm not comfortable sharing...

purplelady568 January 26th, 2023

@CallumCares421 Hello, I have appreciated reading your thoughtful responses on these leadership development posts. I am glad that you found a role that you admired and saw others doing well, and that you were able to join their team in that work.

I also want to applaud you for saying that you did not feel comfortable sharing on that last question. I was not expecting it to get so deep, and that can be a very difficult topic to share with others. (FWIW My answer below is in very general terms, not specifics.)

YourCaringConfidant February 9th, 2023

@CallumCares421 Thank you for all you do to contribute to the platform. You are amazing and very much appreciated! <3

KarmaTheRascal March 25th, 2023

@CallumCares421

Very lovely answer.

Gilbird July 19th, 2023

@CallumCares421

I'm glad you can serve in a role that you admired!

wonderousLove3994 March 12th

@CallumCares421 Thank you for your contributions

purplelady568 January 26th, 2023

@FrenchToastClub

Work with your team or mentor and identify the key metric you are hoping to help move. Post daily (or the cadence that makes sense) in the 3 key things thread to highlight what you are doing to help us move 7 Cups forward. Please post here why this goal of choosing a single metric is important. Think of how this is important in your professional life, but also how this can help you personally as well.

I am learning how to serve as a forum supporter, so the key metric I am currently working on is to be sure that every forum post has a thoughtful reply, preferably within 24 hours (or less).

Having goals and key metrics is important because it gives us something to work towards. Without a clear path forward, it is hard to quantify what we are doing, or measure any results. Once we accomplish that first thing, then we can move on to implement another thing, and so on. Then, hopefully it can create a snowball effect of positive change!

✒️Read chapter 12 of our Searching Soul book and do the exercise where you imagine it is the end of your life. If comfortable, post what you imagine people saying to you at the conclusion of the exercise. If comfortable, then please share how the exercise impacted you. What you imagine them telling you is your compass. If you are acting in a way that is consistent with what they are saying, then it is very likely that you will end up living a meaningful life. Remember to listen to and follow this compass so as not to be distracted by the clock.

Wow, what a crucial and sobering reminder. The things I imagine others saying about me are the things I am striving to implement into my life daily, so hopefully my life will be meaningful and impactful to others.

NanditaB January 31st, 2023

@purplelady568 I felt that your answers are genuine and great!

NanditaB January 31st, 2023

@FrenchToastClub

I am a member of Peer Appreciation team. Here, the key metric is to make our peers feel happy and appreciated. It is indeed important as it makes us realise our primary goal and what we should do to achieve it. It helps me to become a good leader as well as helps me become a better person.

I completed it but do not wish to share. sure I will remember it :).

Trintzu March 8th, 2023

@NanditaB hey teammate! good reply! ❤️

jadenrjc7 June 5th, 2023

@NanditaB

So insightful, I love this!

YourCaringConfidant February 9th, 2023

Work with your team or mentor and identify the key metric you are hoping to help move. Post daily (or the cadence that makes sense) in the 3 key things thread to highlight what you are doing to help us move 7 Cups forward. Please post here why this goal of choosing a single metric is important. Think of how this is important in your professional life, but also how this can help you personally as well.

I posted my 3 key things that I am doing to move 7cups forward on the appropriate thread. Please click on that to read my response. I do not want to be repetitive here but I am currently a forum supporter for P&G and love being apart of a team. I engage and interact a lot with the community to get my name out there. I am also a smile spreader for the peer appreciation program and that is a role that I take great pride in. It is my "job" to spread kindness and love and smiles! And not to toot my own horn, but I do that well. It brings me so much joy.

(TW: themes that deal with death) Read chapter 12 of our Searching Soul book and do the exercise where you imagine it is the end of your life. If comfortable, post what you imagine people saying to you at the conclusion of the exercise. If comfortable, then please share how the exercise impacted you. What you imagine them telling you is your compass. If you are acting in a way that is consistent with what they are saying, then it is very likely that you will end up living a meaningful life. Remember to listen to and follow this compass so as not to be distracted by the clock.

Because this is a trigger warning, I respectfully decline to publicly share my answer on this. I did the reading a while back but, for personal reasons, I would rather not be a part of this discussion. Thanks for understanding.
BenittaJ February 18th, 2023

@YourCaringConfidant

I appreciate the way u mentioned saying it's your job to spread kindness, love, and smiles. Can you add some candies 🤩

BenittaJ February 15th, 2023

@FrenchToastClub

Ans: I'm a 7cups member. My key points in general is Avoid negativity, Try to understand other's feeling, mute. At the star in 7cups i used to try to be kind to unknown. Day by day tat i started to implement the same in my daily life, i knew tat i had a kind nature too ! And ears which listen to others problems. I try to preserve the calmness and spread positivity while I'm in 7cups. I'll continue doing my work❤️. 7cups effects impacted in my personal life.

Ans : TW

I'm okay with sharing. While i was picturing my eyes almost teared. I can see no much people. Im not judging my people but i think i might know what they speak at my funeral. I'm glad my deceased dog was walking with me in my vision.

jasishereforallofu February 17th, 2023

@BenittaJ I like your way of thinking 😊

SnowTabby June 9th, 2023

@BenittaJ
I'm proud of you for feeling comfortable sharing such an intimate exercise. I know you didn't share specifics but it means a lot that you at least included your dog staying by your side. Our animals are important, and I hope I get to see all of mine when I leave this world.

BenittaJ June 11th, 2023

@SnowTabby ❤️❤️❤️

jasishereforallofu February 17th, 2023

@FrenchToastClub ✒️ Work with your team or mentor and identify the key metric you are hoping to help move. Post daily (or the cadence that makes sense) in the 3 key things thread to highlight what you are doing to help us move 7 Cups forward. Please post here why this goal of choosing a single metric is important. Think of how this is important in your professional life, but also how this can help you personally as well.

I'm a part of the Deppresion Support Community (forum supporter).
The goal is to support each member and make them feel heard,which is the key of 7 cups.
Im also a Peer supporter, help listeners after hard chats or helping them through their listener journey.
All of this helps me to become a better person and a listener. ❤️

Done but I will not share it 😊
JasmineFlower222 February 21st, 2023

@jasmineishereforu

Wonderful answer

jasishereforallofu February 21st, 2023

@JasmineFlower222 Thank you ❤️

patientShell1003 July 13th

Great answer

JasmineFlower222 February 21st, 2023

@FrenchToastClub

I work on the Anonymous Evaluations team. Our key metric is to make sure the community of listeners is at it's best quality for our members. This goal is important because members need the best support they can possibly get with our team of listeners here. It can be hard to sort through every single listener but it's also helpful to have this system in place as a safety net. Checking myself and thinking twice before I do something can be very helpful in any situation

Done but I'd rather not share

iPHOENIX February 26th, 2023

@JasmineFlower222 Oh another AE member with me 😊

And I agree with you that the quality is most important.

iPHOENIX February 26th, 2023

I have a few roles, Quality Mentor, Anonymous Evaluation Team Member, Safety Patrol Team Member and Chat Support. When I think about this, primary and common goal about all these roles are maintaining quality and safe atmosphere in this platform. And thanks to this post now I understand why I'm drawn to these roles. Thank you.

I thought twice, and I have mixed feelings about sharing it on a public platform. Because something I can share something I can't. So I'd like to keep it myself at least for now.

EnigmaticCat24 March 1st, 2023

@iPHOENIX

Thanks for helping community as a good leader!

kindJewel5362 March 2nd, 2023

That's a lot of roles. Real awesome!

EnigmaticCat24 March 1st, 2023

@FrenchToastClub

I am a peer supporter. I think Key metric of the role is supporting listeners after a hard chats. As a peer supporter, providing warm and welcoming place to vent , validating their emotions, reminding them of their value and guiding them to focus on self care is important. In personal life it helps to develop my listening skills and become a better listener and person which is helpful to the society.

I have done it. But i would rather like to keep my thoughts with myself.

calmstrawberry0608 February 18th

@Tobedoctor

I think that those goals are really important as well. Thanks for your support as a peer supporter!

kindJewel5362 March 2nd, 2023

I'm a Listener Chat Room Supporter. One metric is helping listeners feel supported to lessen burnout. It's important to have a metric because that sharpens your focus and cuts out the nonsense so your aim can be achieved.

Completed but not comfy sharing.

Trintzu March 8th, 2023

I am currently in the Peer Appreciation Team, but when I achieve 25+ listener group chats I am going to apply for Listener Chatroom Supporter! Looking forward to that.

But one metric in Peer Appreciation Team is to make kind and positive posts about other community members, to bring some joy and sunshine into their days. We have agreed that every team member should make at least two posts a week to the forum thread. It's very important to have a metric because that brings focus so your aim can be achieved.

I completed the task but unfortunately, I am not comfortable sharing my reply. Got really emotional with this task.

FrenchMarbles March 15th, 2023

@Trintzu

That is fair enough; it shouldn't be a task mainly because of how triggering it can be. But obviously, it won't get changed; if you need support, please ensure that you reach out to Peer Support. I'm sorry that the leaders' actions here have caused you to feel so negative.

Heartsandrosesandpaws March 22nd, 2023

@Trintzu

good luck with lrs when u get there

Trintzu March 22nd, 2023

@Waterfallsofnature36 I got it! <3

FrenchMarbles March 15th, 2023

✒️ Work with your team or mentor and identify the critical metric you hope to help move. Post daily (or the cadence that makes sense) in the three key things thread to highlight what you are doing to help us move 7 Cups forward. Please post here why this goal of choosing a single metric is essential. Think of how this is important in your professional life, but also how this can help you personally.

1. I develop dashboards for multiple teams; this allows my teams to track progress and highlight where we could enhance our skills.
  2. I run weekly Peer Support discussions to remind our fantastic peer supporters how we can perform to our best
  3. I work with the quality side of 7Cups to ensure we build up our skills to make our members feel heard.

✒️ (TW: themes that deal with death) Read chapter 12 of our Searching Soul book and do the exercise where you imagine it is the end of your life. If comfortable, post what you imagine people saying after the exercise. If comfortable, then please share how the exercise impacted you. What you imagine them telling you is your compass. If you are acting in a way that is consistent with what they are saying, then it is very likely that you will end up living a meaningful life. Remember to listen to and follow this compass to avoid being distracted by the clock.

I've done this in the past and do not feel comfortable sharing the answers; quite frankly, I don't think this is an appropriate task. But that's just my two cents.