Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Re-Introducing Member Compassion Course

ASilentObserver July 8th, 2021

Hi everyone, I hope you are doing well.

This post is about - 7 Cups Compassion Course which was created by Laura. The course is for members only. Not for listeners!

The goal of this course is to understand and know the basics of practicing compassion and help & support our members to have a compassionate experience in the group support chat rooms. This course allows you to foster healthy conversations and connections as well as be a compassionate, loving, supportive, and amazing member of the chat rooms and the community.

Who can participate?

Any member can take this quiz. Even if you are an experienced member, then also welcome to take part in it. Because we are all learning and practicing compassion.

How can a member participate?

• Once you have completed the course, please let us know in the comments of this post.
  • Also, tag any 3 members you know to invite them to take the quiz as well.
  • Your responses to the course will be graded and if you successfully passed it, you will receive, “Compassion Hero” badge.
  • If you didn’t pass, that’s okay. Feedback will be shared and then you can retake the course.

Please remember that this course is designed to help you practice compassion and empathy for yourself and others. Because it is kindness that makes any place a better place to live in. Also, it will make you feel more comfortable, and well equipped to participate and be a wonderful participant in the group support chat rooms and forums.

If you have any feedback to improve the course or any other ideas, please let us know in the comments of this thread.

On that note, I invite you to take the compassion course here: https://tinyurl.com/4us8x8ue

A big thank you to @vivelespatates for single-handedly managing this initiative for all these years!

Edit: by ASilentObserver on 04/06/2022

HummingbirdsAlways July 11th, 2022

@ASilentObserver I just completed and submitted it 😊

mattsmiith July 11th, 2022

@ASilentObserver I took it :)

ASilentObserver OP July 12th, 2022

Hi everyone,

The "Compassion Hero" badge has been assigned to all who attempted and passed the Compassion Course on or before July 12th, 2022.

Congratulations to our 17 newest Compassion Heroes!!! Yayyyy!

@SleepyCloud2021 @calmWest5244 @ShapeshiftSystem @faraweigh @Cloudyskies123 @PinkAcai2726 @HummingbirdsAlways @diplomaticBeing7162 @mattsmiith @Raikenleo @honestvase2280 @sociableShip4070 @Ashy123 @moonissoulmate @Ashy123 @toucans @findingbliss5

Tag your member friends to invite them to become Compassion Heroes! Thank you for being with us here.

P.S: If you completed the course and your name is not listed here, please send me a message.

strugglingmom42 July 12th, 2022

@ASilentObserver

strugglingmom42 July 12th, 2022

just took the course, i think its a really neat thing

lightningstorm44 July 13th, 2022

Completed, though I don't really know anyone to tag offhand 😅

amaya3388 July 13th, 2022

i took the course xD

phuntphunt July 13th, 2022

i've just taken the course !

DrunkChips July 13th, 2022

@ASilentObserver

I took the course in full.

Riverswancycnus July 13th, 2022

@ASilentObserver

riverswancycnus has taken the compassion test. defining compassion is harder than giving it!

ASilentObserver OP July 13th, 2022

Hi everyone,

The "Compassion Hero" badge has been assigned to all who attempted and passed the Compassion Course on or before July 13th, 2022.

Congratulations to our 12 newest Compassion Heroes!!! Yayyyy!

@powerfulYard7425 @SaunterGarden @valenheart @chromylchlor024 @lightningstorm44 @reservedKiwi5306 @amaya3388 @phuntphunt @OzRebel @DrunkChips @Isitbymyself @Riverswancycnus

Tag your member friends to invite them to become Compassion Heroes! Thank you for being with us here.

P.S: If you completed the course and your name is not listed here, please send me a message.

TheRequiem July 13th, 2022

@ASilentObserver

Done!

ASilentObserver OP July 13th, 2022

@TheRequiem Yayyyy thank you Req. How did you find the quiz? Was it helpful?

TheRequiem July 13th, 2022

@ASilentObserver

Thanks. I was told about it before and then I asked one of the mods, I think Anne for a link today

Jungkookiestar297 July 13th, 2022

@ASilentObserver I took the quiz yayy

grandwalrus2122 July 13th, 2022

@ASilentObserver completed the course - sadly got some wrong where there were more than one correct answers :(. I just rejoined after like, two years - really don't know who to tag for the course..

ASilentObserver OP July 14th, 2022

@grandwalrus2122 Welcome back Walrus! Glad to have you back! I hope you are doing well. Thank you for taking the quiz. Looking forward to seeing you in the group chats <3

adventureawaits777 July 13th, 2022

@ASilentObserver I completed this quiz, thank you :)

Hi everyone,

The "Compassion Hero" badge has been assigned to all who attempted and passed the Compassion Course on or before July 14th, 2022.

Congratulations to our 9 newest Compassion Heroes!!! Yayyyy!

@TheRequiem @Jungkookiestar297 @Rarewindow @warmheartedTurtle6662 @grandwalrus2122 @PurpleArtist @Smd3 @Greensailboat8781 @adventureawaits777

goodStrawberries7059 July 14th, 2022

@ASilentObserver That was awesome

PrincessBelle0111 July 14th, 2022

@ASilentObserver I took the course!

BlueDevils48 July 14th, 2022

@ASilentObserver , I took the Compassion course.

July 14th, 2022

Completed the course

orangeCucumber7791 July 14th, 2022

@ASilentObserver

I completed the quiz today.

Hi everyone,

The "Compassion Hero" badge has been assigned to all who attempted and passed the Compassion Course on or before July 14th, 2022.

Congratulations to our 8 newest Compassion Heroes!!! Yayyyy!

@goodStrawberries7059 @PrincessBelle0111 @BlueDevils48 @adaptablecar5887 @orangecucumber7791 @tidyLion2694 @HibernatingChestnut @mikedw

CYC135 July 14th, 2022

@ASilentObserver completed

SP2022sass July 15th, 2022

completed

AmintaBlack July 15th, 2022

@ASilentObserver I have completed the course. Thank you all for facilitating!

ASilentObserver OP July 15th, 2022

Hi everyone,

The "Compassion Hero" badge has been assigned to all who attempted and passed the Compassion Course on or before July 15th, 2022.

Congratulations to our 12 newest Compassion Heroes!!! Yayyyy!

@Orihara @redplant0 @ijustneedsomecompany @CYC135 @xyaz @Wolfgang97 @SP2022sass @courageousclementine8698 @AmintaBlack @fuzzyLemon @Shelby1997 @TwoUnderTwo

Shelby1997 July 15th, 2022

@ASilentObserveri just completed it. I'm not sure I will get a badge for getting 2 incorrect?

Shelby1997 July 15th, 2022

Could someone please tell me if you can get any wrong at alll and still pass?

Sasher July 15th, 2022

This is something the site really needs.. I think it's a good idea to offer an optional refresher every couple of months

ASilentObserver OP July 15th, 2022

@Sasher Thank you Sasher. I am glad you found it good. <3

Sasher July 16th, 2022

@ASilentObserver, why since the update has support 24/7 become frequently chaotic and rife with conflict?

July 15th, 2022

@ASilentObserver i took the course really helped

plumTriangle9222 July 16th, 2022

@ASilentObserver I took it.

ASilentObserver OP July 16th, 2022

Hi everyone,

The "Compassion Hero" badge has been assigned to all who attempted and passed the Compassion Course on or before July 15th, 2022.

Congratulations to our 10 newest Compassion Heroes!!! Yayyyy!

@Pollyanne @May1888 @wolf54 @IndependentClydach @blythearchaic @IrishWarrior @gretchlyn @CouchPotatoOvO @plumTriangle9222 @lonelycollegestudent

zenoba2022 July 16th, 2022

Hi I completed the compassion quiz.

mxmoyer July 16th, 2022

Just completed the course questionnaire! Hopefully it makes a difference and reflect on others to actively participate here

she27 July 16th, 2022

@ASilentObserver

i completed the quiz ❤️:)