Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Let your emotions out!

AveryLove April 9th, 2018

Hey everyone :)

often there are moments where we want to scream, shout, cry and just let all of our emotions out.

But sometimes it doesnt feel possible or we dont want to show our emotions towards others or even towards ourselves.

but now i want you guys TO SHOUT :P

i wanted to make a thread where everyone can shout, scream, cry and let all their emotions out without being judged.

Holding emotions inside is never healthy and letting it all out helps a lot to cope with it.

I wish you all a great day! <3

@Hope3729

thanks <3

TeresaGreninja91 April 29th, 2018

@conscientiousPineapple1782 Hi PIneapple, thank you so much for sharing your authentic emotion with us. That must be truly hard to feel you've been lost, and it's perfectly okay to feel those emotions. Maybe your mind is now invisible, but I'm sure that one is still there. It's time to have emotional support and treat yourself nicely. I hope you would find something good to give you one smile on your face today.

conscientiousPineapple1782 April 30th, 2018

@

idk I started more do things that give me joy and relax

April 25th, 2018

Feels like I keep losing anything that's good,or,will

juat is dark and lost keeps hurting

AveryLove OP April 28th, 2018

@Sparky1 sorry to hear that Sparky! <3 sometimes it all feels dark and lost, but trust me, this will pass!

If the hurt comes, so will the happiness.

In the meantime, what about trying to do things you enjoy? That may be an old hobby, or friends, or much more.smiley

Wishing you a good day!

@Sparky1 Hi Sparky, thank you so much for sharing your emotions with us, and I'm truly sorry to hear that you've been having that tough time. I really do hope your dark hours won't last too long and would find some comfort which can put one smile on your face.

ArianaMay April 27th, 2018

I feel confused and overwhelmed.

Ive spent so long numbing out my feelings I dont know what to do with them. Now all these emotions seem to be popping up from everywhere and I dont know how to cope. I just know I dont like this. I feel as if Im drowning.

AveryLove OP April 28th, 2018

@ArianaMay i am sorry to hear that <3 it must be very exhausting and to deal with so many emotions all at once.

First, i want you to know that emotions are normal. valid. HUMAN. You see, if you bottle them up and ignore them, they ll come back all at once.

I understand you dont like feeling all these emotions at once. What about maybe talking to a listener about it? There are plenty of lovely listeners here and i am sure, it d feel good to vent about everything!

Wishing you a good day! heart

@ArianaMay HI Ariana, thank you so much for sharing your emotions and the situation you're facing right now.

I'm truly sorry to hear that you're havng hard times coping with your emotions. It's absolutely understandable that you were feeeling numbness after the traumatic events and it's super natural. Now you say your emotions are finally coming out and telling you they are still there, and that shows you're on the way of healing, with your own strength. We all need numbing, and being overwhelmed by our emotions afther horiffic things happened to us. Of course it's so hard to deal with, and I really do hope you're going to be okay at last. I'm sure you're going to make it. You're a brave and strong person.

Tinycupcake April 30th, 2018

I just don't know what to say. I feel so many things and no one to really talk to about it. I just wanna run into a forest and feel alive

AveryLove OP May 6th, 2018

@Tinycupcake

Hey there! Thanks for coming here today.

I want you to know that you arent alone in this and that I and the trauma family are here for you and would love to support you through these difficulties. you are not alone heart wishing you a lovely sunday.

teleah70 May 6th, 2018

Angry at myself for still protecting my mom 2 yrs after her passing and mad at sister for not sending mom anything for mothers day the last couple of years, just so mad at this whole mess.

AveryLove OP May 6th, 2018

@teleah70 heya! sorry to hear that youre feeling this way. I found this article about dealing with anger this morning and thought it d be great to show it to youheart

https://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/20-things-when-you-feel-extremely-angry.html

its absolutely up to you if you want to take a look at it or not!

We re here for you and we appreciate you coming here and opening up today. Wishing you a lovely sunday!smiley

honestAvocado3098 May 6th, 2018

Depression has made my life miserable. I never have any energy to do anything. Most days I barely have enough energy to get up and go to school. Its frustrating always being sad but putting on a mask around my friends. I know they care for me but they dont understand my depression. Sometimes its feels like Im going to go insane.

Thank you for making this thread.

AveryLove OP May 13th, 2018

@honestAvocado3098 so sorry to hear that darling. thank you for opening up to us today heart you have our full support.

honestAvocado3098 May 13th, 2018

@Hope3729 thank you for your support.

I feel good!

I am scared!

I am happy!

this feels not natural for trauma :O

lol why want we run when we're happy from that feels

plumField5702 May 13th, 2018

Getting drunk on tea because I'm so freaking sad right now. :(

i feel lobnely where I my members

raspberryApple9800 May 13th, 2018

@Hope3729 EVERYTHING IS SO TOUGH AND I JUST WANT TO CRY AND NO ONE CARES AND I HAVE NO ENERGY TO FIGHT ANYMORE crying

@raspberryApple9800

I care <3

conscientiousPineapple1782 June 25th, 2018

@Hope3729

I wish could just more relax withought worries

plumField5702 July 2nd, 2018

today i photocopied my documents for board exam but the person who photocopied snapped at me and made face showing she was annoyed doing it. i was so nice but she wasn't and the worst part of it, she was nice with other customers.

softbabycake July 4th, 2018

*tw please be safe*

have you over dosed tonight, my love? you loved your drugs so much, as much as you loved my body. but not me. you broke the hymen of my self esteem, i've never been the same. you crushed and plucked the feathers from my wings with every touch and every text. i wonder what you've done with those pictures of my body that you begged for for hours. i hope you've burned them. i want to forget. i forgot once, yet i can not forget now. i wonder if you've forgotten. you probably have. the weed almost always made you forget what happened the day before. i can only wallow in my self hate now, at least knowing why i am like this makes me feel more complete. it's like i've filled the hole with acid, it only burns a bigger gap, for there was never cement to fix it before. but none the less it's filled. i hope me you doing those things to me filled some hole in your existance.

I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU YOU USED MY TRUST AND MY KNOWN LOVE FOR YOU TO FULFILL YOUR MOMETARY DESIRES WHY DIDN'T YOU LOVE ME BACK WHY DID YOU HATE MY BODY IF YOU WANTED TO SEE IT SO BAD I LOVE YOU I HATE YOU WHY WHY WHY

i still love you, as strange as it seems. you were my first true love. and you always will be. too bad i wasn't yours. i regress. i hope you are doing well, and you've met a girl you're age and you're happy now, i believe you've just graduated. you most likely have a job and i probably have never crossed your mind in the past 2 years. i'm sorry i didn't satisfy you, i hope you forgave me.

i don't forgive you.

tealChestnut6477 November 15th, 2023

I've felt emotionally pent up for the longest and have ranged from feeling like crying to nearly snapping and or ranting

cyanPlatypus6370 November 15th, 2023

The original post of this thread and many of the subsequent posts were written many of them about 5 years ago! 

I agree so much with the original post - I too could use a safe spot to fully / only just VENT and YELL or SCREAM.  a place to CRY or WAIL = cry very loudly.  A place where writing about extreme emotion is okay and knowing it might be read or if I tagged someone they could read it, and know, "Wow, Platy told me she was angry with (situation), but I didn't realize she really felt RAGE or TERROR or IRRATE with that person, etc." 

so to @ASilentObserver and/or @SoulfullyaButterfly or another (L) who might be willing to 'lead' this thread here ... if anyone is willing to be a sort of 'reader and responder' ... or I guess too if no one is willing... 

anyone who sees this: Would you join me in re-creating this small section of the Creativity Corner inside of the Trauma Support community? 

<3 Platy  (Nov 15, 2023)

SoulfullyAButterfly November 16th, 2023

@cyanPlatypus6370 thank you for this tag, Platy! I think this is an excellent thread idea. We can definitely find ways to revive it. By creativity corner, do you mean you would like to see a topic for this thread and others like it? (Topics are what subforums were and are listed on the right hand side of community pages)

navyAcai7124 November 18th, 2023

@AveryLove great post! I want to add that it is just as important to let others express their feelings and not try to suppress them. Dont criticize or judge, let them be and have whatever emotions and thoughts they have. Dont even try to "help" them by counter it with arguments. You can come with possible solutions AFTER they have cried out, when they have gotten everything out. And maybe thats unnecessary, maybe all that is needed is for them to just express their feelings. Maybe that IS the solution.

Let your children, friends and family be who they are and have whatever feelings and thoughts they have!

TareqRafiqul November 18th, 2023

Thank you for the thread.

I wish I could leave my present living condition and choose a profession that I can love.

sensiblePomegranate5035 November 19th, 2023

I have been having issues with anger due to my trauma and it's just that over time it has been building up inside me, and now I can't find a way to let it go. Sometimes it just freezes my mind, and I just kinda get lost for a few minutes. I don't know what to do with that. I just feel hatred towards everyone, and also for myself.