Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New to the Relationship Stress Community? Introduce yourself here!! ❤️

ASilentObserver August 1st, 2018

Greetings from the Relationship Stress Community!!

Are you new to the Relationship Stress Community? Tell us some things about yourself and get to know others that joined the community this month!
Question prompts:

What brings you to the Relationship Stress community?

What is one thing you love most about yourself (or, perhaps, your loved ones)?

Benefits of being a member of the Relationship Stress Community:

Give and receive support from others who are in relationships.

Share your relationship journey (memories, struggles, challenges) in relevant topics comfortably.

Participate in community activities and events (eg. Check-ins, Icebreakers, Forum Discussions)

Plus, members who participate regularly could become part of the Relationship Stress team, as well!

Here are some quick links for you to check out:

our taglist! Join in to get updates on discussions and events.

check out this post for updates on weekly discussions!

check out our newest check-in here!

check this post with more information on how to navigate the community.

If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact KatePersephone (teens and adults) or reply on this thread!

Do not be a lurker! Join us and introduce yourself here!!

tagging our newest subcribers: @determinedDrum4627Ayu @modestWriter18 @pretendflyer @Danyaabbasi @hardworkingPond3054 @SageTurtle @Promivala614 @softTree9053 @CafeGirl42 @problematiclife27 @orangeCup3761 @BrazenBrunette @christylucia96 @SerenNova @rationalApple816 @KiyKiy16 @navyLemon4199 @HurrMan @imaginativeJet6179 @lilacperfume124 @Planticorn7 @FindingMyVoice2 @LostInGame @Bibbbbu
ard
happy-dance.gif

[a brown and white bear dancing together while holding hands]

Are you new to the Relationship Stress community? Introduce yourself here!

Do you want to be the first to get updates on discussions and events? Consider joining the taglist!

Do you want to be updated on the weekly discussions in the Relationship Support Room? Subscribe to this thread!

Do you want to help out in the Relationship Stress Community? Consider becoming a forum supporter or a room supporter!

Edited by KatePersephone on 30.09.24

Smilingsoul11 January 9th

Hii everyone😊 I am new here you can call me smile i am from India and I am glad to join this community to help others. As it's a new experience for me for joining any community its exciting because I will get to know many new things here to improve myself.

KatePersephone January 14th

@Nolongersmitten it's nice to meet you!

discreetWriter3920 January 13th

@ASilentObserver

hi, I’m new! What being me here aren’t issues necessarily with the status of my relationship itself, I’m head over heels for my girlfriend and the feeling is mutual; but I struggle with how to be the best support person for her (she has BPD) because when she’s in a bad mood, affection doesn’t help. She just needs space, physical contact, and listening. I support that one hundred percent, but it can be hard for me because all I want to do is tell her how amazing she is and I feel helpless sometimes. 

One thing I love about myself is my musical abilities, snd one thing I adore about my girlfriend is her laugh.

@discreetWriter3920 it's really nice of you to want to best help your partner!! it's very nice to meet you :)

Welcome! I am Kate, the community mentor for the Relationship Stress Community ❤️

our taglist! Join in to get updates on discussions and events :3

check this post for this month’s events

Feel free to join in and introduce yourself!

Question prompts:

If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact @KateDoskocilova (teens and ATL) or reply on this thread!

Tagging our newest subscribers:

@NexyRoss @deadstarsstillshine @Gabrielamtineo @neonPear2303 @Smilingsoul11 @ManareLee @Congai @Evvieskate @patientTiger86 @rapunzel008700 @emotionalLion444 @anxietyash1312 @JimmyMcGill62902 @Ubebe @discreetSpring5627 @ImTheMeg @edelarosa @straightforwardCoconut9922 @exuberantWatermelon7388 @Tangodream @Peach97200 @lxberosis @KendallJ28 @lavenderLemon9547 @BaBean @Nolongersmitten @dapperOak463 @S1llyb0y @Allears4you2 @VerdantQuilt @wittyBlueberry9954 @aksh0007 @Elan32 @yinmnwings @forcefulBlackberry386

Do you want to be the first to get updates on discussions and events? Consider joining the taglist!

Do you want to be updated on the weekly discussions in the Relationship Support Room? Subscribe to this thread!

Do you want to help out in the Relationship Stress Community? Consider becoming a forum supporter or a room supporter!

Ubebe January 14th

Hi Kate!

Thank you for mentioning me. I'm new to this community and I'm liking how you bring us newbies upfront(by personally mentioning us). That's effort and sweet.

What brings you to the Relationship Stress Community?

- Relationship be it any kind of, is truly amazing. I like the passion. However, they also stress me! This community is just right to have them expressed and get the support.

- I love that I'm a dedicated kind of person also I have lots of moles I find it attractive.I love that my love ones are chill. 🥴🌸💜

@Ubebe

hi there Ubebe!

it's a pleasure to have you here in the relationship support community with us all! :3

haha, i agree! there's passion but they can be stressful, too. this community really is the best place to discuss them! :D

great to hear you're a dedicated person! and i also have quite a few moles :3 i find them rather cute. having loved people that are chill is amazing, too!

wittyBlueberry9954 January 14th

Hi. New to this community, but not new to 7 Cups. I'm using this resource more lately because I am going through some major relationship troubles. My relationship of 4.5 years is looking very uncertain at the moment. We have been in this space for a little over a month now. I am having a hard time making sense of what is happening because I thought we were on the path to starting a family together (37f and 34m). My partner did not speak to me about his reservations about family planning or about our relationship until it all came out at the same time one night after I forced a conversation about what was going on. I don't feel we have been given a fair chance to work on the issues. I feel like I cannot trust my partner. I am doubting if he was ever really committed to me. 

Right now, we are in uncertain territory. He refuses to commit to saying he wants to be with me and he wants to work on the issues. He continues to say he doesn't know. He is asking me to be patient while he deals with other priorities in the next two weeks.

I am feeling like I am not a priority. I am feeling like my life is falling apart. I am feeling undervalued.

I know I have a lot to offer in a relationship. I am kind, intelligent, and a good communicator. I am optimistic and always willing to work towards a common goal.

I am struggling to find and recognize good qualities in my partner at the moment because I am no longer feeling like I really know him or he has been genuine in our relationship. The person I met in the beginning and who I thought I was in a relationship with was caring, fun-loving, warm-hearted. I am not seeing those qualities in him now when I am at my lowest and need these things from the one person I thought was committed to me and would be there to support me.

@wittyBlueberry9954 hi there, blueberry. it is nice to have you here in this community.

I hear how you are going through some major issues in your relationship of 4,5 years and that it's difficult for you to navigate the situation after you found out that your partner is not really certain about truly committing to you and starting a family. i understand how that has broken your trust with him. 

him continuing to say he is uncertain definitely does not help the situation, adding up to the fact that he is currently putting other things as priorities instead of your relationship.

it really makes sense how this situation is making you feel like you're not a priority, undervalued and like your life is falling apart. i would've felt the same if i were you.

being kind, intelligent, optimistic, a good communicator, and always willing towards a common goal are very good qualities to have as a person and i can see that you really want to work on this issue at hand, too. but it is really unfair how you are not being given a chance to do something about it. 

i understand that. after the situation between you two, it makes sense how you struggle to find good qualities in your partner and feel confused about what the relationship even meant to him.

thank you for sharing this with us. i really hope you manage to find good support from our people here. <3

KitArendel17 January 17th

@ASilentObserver Um hi! You can call me Kit. I'm here because I've been dealing with some stuff lately and I feel like this is a good place for the specific things..(•᷄- •᷅ ;)

Siminsid23 January 18th

I want to be a member

Hello. I'm a 23yo Bulgarian girl who's in their first relationship. I have a lot of issues with my parents and mental health. I'm with a dutch guy my age who also had problems. I also have fear of intimacy. It's a tangled situation. I need to receive and give compassion. I like how deep my soul is but a lot of monsters creep out of there. Greetings

serenePeace3726 January 29th

Not going to lie I pretty much like all my qualities, with the exception of probably being a procrastinator. and my love ones I love positivity, compassion, empathy, kindness, honesty, and trust.

sweetcake0707 January 29th

Hi there!

I'm ika, the reason I'm joining this community is because I recently got into my first relationship and it's getting a bit difficult to manage.. I've noticed tht my bf is emotionally cheating on me, thts why in order to receive support and some good advice I've joined this community, please take good care of me 💜

MeadowLeaf6574 February 9th

this emotional cheating  online or ppl in person. this mongonous relation or another kind?

Harley5117 February 9th

Hi all,

I am new to this group, relationship stress.

My wife is a very controlling person and we just had another row this evening, when my sister rang and invited us up for a visit on Easter tuesday. She hates me seeing my sister and always makes it very difficult for me to see her.

i had that simalar experince. but my family years later outcasted my partner. made them left out. tried going trip. didn't have car or rental flew there. fib that wouldn't been same area hotel. but had kitchen , laundry in house. made hard go places on our own. didn't tell invited guest that acholic.

do you have kids. do family disagree with lifestyle, not respect bondaries. why doese wife and sister disagree on?  made rule not talk about money, politics,relgion, sex.  sometime notice be try give advice tell other that how i would raise my kids.

if like share here. how dose wife be very controlling? is she gaslighting?

@ASilentObserver  hi i'm new here.

InsecureandClueless00 February 11th

Hi everyone. New to this community and still struggling with a post I put on a couple of days ago. Would love for you all to take a look at it if you can. Thanks :) 

KatePersephone February 19th

Welcome! I am Kate, the community mentor for the Relationship Stress Community ❤️

Question prompts:

If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact @KateDoskocilova (teens and ATL) or reply on this thread!

@Lalaxa @HouseErin @PeachNectarine239 @MRIO9090 @TheWaterRose @quitahearsyou @breakingbrandi @fairmindedPal7618 @sky2Ocean20 @sadpearl92

Do you want to be the first to get updates on discussions and events? Consider joining the taglist!

Do you want to be updated on the weekly discussions in the Relationship Support Room? Subscribe to this thread!

Do you want to help out in the Relationship Stress Community? Consider becoming a forum supporter or a room supporter!

4Jasmine February 24th

@KateDoskocilova

I am 4Jasmine and I work very hard to find ways to have less family relationship stress. It's not always easy!

presherw February 27th

Hello!

I am new to this community but I have been going through some hard times with my wife currently. I had PTSD which led to depression and anxiety. It created a rough time currently with my wife with me shutting down emotionally. I recognize my mistakes but it’s hard because she needs space now.

MariposaDeLaLuna7 February 28th

Hi Presher

Thank you for opening up and sharing, this takes courage! I'm sorry to hear that you are going through a hard time right now. Dealing with PTSD, depression and anxiety is certainly a very difficult experience and daily battle which can get very frustrating and can leave us desperate. Sadly it affects the loved ones around us and our relationships on a deep level. I’ve experienced that it is often times a lot of misunderstanding and not being able to clearly communicate or express oneself (on both sides). I’m not sure but it sounds like trust has been broken and/or that there was a lot of hurt. Respecting your wife’s boundaries seems to not be that easy on you. Is there anything you could do for you in the mean time?

presherw February 28th

@mariposa. Hello. Thanks for responding. Yeah. Our situation is very complicated in a certain sense. We were talking a little more then something happened which she is having to go through a grieving process in addition to us. Before the event that happened she was talking more and even called me sweet. Then after it she stopped talking as much so I told her I would give her space without her asking for it. It’s been over 2 weeks now and she hasn’t messaged me in a while unless it’s about kids or to talk to them. It just sucks cause I’m ready to be there for her but she’s not ready to talk. She has been my world for 17 years now, which is when I first started dating her my freshman year in high school. For 2 months now I have been focusing on myself and 3 kids. I workout almost everyday and I have lost 30 lbs. I feel so much better except with my ptsd which is being worked on. I even read a book to be a better husband every night.

MariposaDeLaLuna7 March 3rd

@presherw It sounds like you are having some difficulties to communicate with each other and this can be very frustrating. It also seems like she is going through a rough patch herself right now. What made you give her space? How did she react when you told her that you were giving here some space?

It seems like you want to offer her a lot but she‘s not in the right place to receive it. What did she say that she needs (from you) right now? And what is it that you need right now?

presherw March 3rd

@MariposaDeLaLuna7

we are having difficulties cause my actions from depression/PTSD/anxiety made her shutdown emotionally. She doesn’t know if she has anymore energy to give. She told me to give her space but we can still talk day to day or about kids. Anything emotionally she doesn’t want to deal with yet. I have her the space cause after an event she had to deal with which could cause it’s she stopped talking as much so I told her I would give her space. She said thank you for understanding.

now that I am better I want to offer her the world. I am a better man than I was before this. And yes she is not in the right space. I can’t give her anything right now besides updates on kids or asking about her day. I need my wife/best friend to open up to me again and let me know her feelings but she isn’t ready. I want to fix this but she can’t yet emotionally. I just keep working on myself, being a great dad and working on being a better husband for whenever I get the chance. Hopefully we will get to that point when she returns in April and we start counseling which she wants to do with me. I just can’t stop thinking about it cause she wants to sleep in separate rooms at first when she gets back too. She has told me how to act but I have never been around her when I can’t just hold her or give her a kiss. It just sucks cause I want what’s best for her and my kids.

MariposaDeLaLuna7 March 7th

@presherw

This sounds like a very challenging time for the both of you and that you are feeling frustrated. Love is patience and sometimes, unfortunately there is not much that we can do. But it sounds to me like you are already doing your best in this situation and focusing on supporting her the best way possible with giving her space and being a good Dad. I can imagine it must be strange and confusing to wait patiently and then not even be able to hold her or kiss her when she get‘s back.

How do you feel about going to counceling with her? And what thoughts come up regarding her wanting to sleep in separate rooms?

(you can also DM me if you want to)

MariposaDeLaLuna7 February 28th

Hello there

I’m new in this community and overall new on 7cups 😊.

I’ve joined this community because I struggled a lot with relationships of any kind and hearing others talk about their issues helps me a lot to understand my struggles and give me new perspectives. And my struggles might come in handy for others 😅.

One thing I love about myself is I’m always eager to learn something new 🤓 and that I can laugh about myself 😄.

4Jasmine February 28th

@MariposaDeLaLuna7

I really liked what you had to say. I totally relate. Thanks for your insights! They are wonderful!

Prettiestgirl March 3rd

Hi guys!

I joined recently after finding out my ex had been cheating on me throughout the entire relationship. I want to find healthy ways to cope and learn to move on. I would love any advice from people in similar situations or just in general.

Sapphorion March 8th

Hello,

I'm joining this community because my relationship is something that is very important to me but it also causes me a lot of stress and unpleasant feelings.

I love very little about myself but I do know that I'm a fairly decent person with nothing but good intentions.

KatePersephone March 25th

Welcome! I am Kate, the community mentor leader for the Relationship Stress Community ❤️

Question prompts:

If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact @KateDoskocilova (teens and adults) or reply on this thread!

@betterwithLynn @adaptableKitten8581 @decisiveBalsam8464 @gigantHeart9877 @hamzah4527 @Libniis @Hazeldoodle @Bigbeautifulbear1988 @goldenSkies1957 @convivialPlum6610 @amusingCity8372 @courteousWest2852 @Teddy0302 @aquaCat5314 @imeno @ricebun @missychewy @solareclipse1026 @rosedudesert16 @FewFearless @resourcefulMaple9670 @loyalTree1781 @anonymousturtle1121 @Khloehello15 @turquoiseBird0320 @mangothelizard91 @crimsonEast8715 @prestonlove @charmingraven123 @Luccyy

aquaCat5314 March 25th

Hi. I have been married almost 14 years. I’m just trying to accept that my marriage needs to come to an end. It is not physically abusive but I think may still fall into the abusive category.

KatePersephone March 26th

@aquaCat5314 welcome to the Relationship Support Community, cat. It is understandable that you think it is time for your relationship to come to an end.

I hope you find the support you're looking for here.

NotAllHere713 April 1st

@ASilentObserver 

Hello. I just found this community. I am here because I am married but my husband is the main toxic person in my life. I stayed with him because of the kids, but this has caused lasting emotional and mental stress for all of us. 

What do I like about myself? Nothing. I have three children that I wouldn't trade for the world, but I am also responsible for their misery. 

ASilentObserver OP April 1st

@NotAllHere713 Welcome to 7Cups, Notal. It seems like you are experiencing difficult feelings of guilt and responsibility for being a parent. How are you feeling today?

Please know you have all of us here with you to listen to and to support. You are not alone in this <3 
NotAllHere713 April 2nd

@ASilentObserver 

I've been feeling a little worse every day. I'm on vacation this week and I guess because I'm stuck at home I'm feeling more trapped and depressed. 

lovelyheart14 April 1st

@ASilentObserver hi there I’m here because of this forum I’m supposed to do to be vertified 😂 

Teamworktohelp April 1st

Hey I am Shabir here. I have been struggling in my relationships so I joined this platform. Hopefully I will learn how to develop good relationships by participating here. Good to see you all. Have a wonderful day.