Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New to the Relationship Stress Community? Introduce yourself here!! ❤️

ASilentObserver August 1st, 2018

Greetings from the Relationship Stress Community!!

Are you new to the Relationship Stress Community? Tell us some things about yourself and get to know others that joined the community this month!
Question prompts:

What brings you to the Relationship Stress community?

What is one thing you love most about yourself (or, perhaps, your loved ones)?

Benefits of being a member of the Relationship Stress Community:

Give and receive support from others who are in relationships.

Share your relationship journey (memories, struggles, challenges) in relevant topics comfortably.

Participate in community activities and events (eg. Check-ins, Icebreakers, Forum Discussions)

Plus, members who participate regularly could become part of the Relationship Stress team, as well!

Here are some quick links for you to check out:

our taglist! Join in to get updates on discussions and events.

check out this post for updates on weekly discussions!

check out our newest check-in here!

check this post with more information on how to navigate the community.

If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact KatePersephone (teens and adults) or reply on this thread!

Do not be a lurker! Join us and introduce yourself here!!

tagging our newest subcribers: @determinedDrum4627Ayu @modestWriter18 @pretendflyer @Danyaabbasi @hardworkingPond3054 @SageTurtle @Promivala614 @softTree9053 @CafeGirl42 @problematiclife27 @orangeCup3761 @BrazenBrunette @christylucia96 @SerenNova @rationalApple816 @KiyKiy16 @navyLemon4199 @HurrMan @imaginativeJet6179 @lilacperfume124 @Planticorn7 @FindingMyVoice2 @LostInGame @Bibbbbu
ard
happy-dance.gif

[a brown and white bear dancing together while holding hands]

Are you new to the Relationship Stress community? Introduce yourself here!

Do you want to be the first to get updates on discussions and events? Consider joining the taglist!

Do you want to be updated on the weekly discussions in the Relationship Support Room? Subscribe to this thread!

Do you want to help out in the Relationship Stress Community? Consider becoming a forum supporter or a room supporter!

Edited by KatePersephone on 30.09.24

ASilentObserver OP September 27th, 2018

@OperaDiva Welcome Opera, glad to see you here. <3 Thank you for joining us.

politeLake7105 September 25th, 2018

Hello,

New to this and new to opening up about my personal issues. Looking for advice and inspiration from others stories. Hope to be able to support anyone if needed. Have a wonderful day.

@politeLake7105 awesome lake. Welcome aboard. We are glad to see you joined us. <3

Hello, hello, hello

@HydrangeaField @crimsonalice97 @Jill7cups @warmheartedEyes7468 @resourcefulPond1641 @optimisticTurtle10 @diligentCat2623 @HearTheRhythm @MonahSil @LostAndBroken29 @SakuraRain9395 @GyanHalcyon26 @bethDM @pinkMoon660 @lovemusicpoetry023 @emotionalGrapefruit712 @sensibleSpruce3858 @kindTurtle1458 @Sadhappygirl95 @04GabrielleChar20

Welcome to Relationship and Friendship space.

What is the relationship or friendship to you?

HydrangeaField September 27th, 2018

@ASilentObserver Hello. Thank you for welcoming me. I hope that I can learn more things about relationships here, as well as improve my own, and hopefully help someone else with their problems someday. Right now, I'm a little confused and sad about some of mine, but I'm hoping that will improve someday.

ASilentObserver OP October 1st, 2018

@HydrangeaField I am sorry to hear about it Hydra I hope things get better. We are with you. Hugs.

resourcefulPond1641 September 28th, 2018

@ASilentObserver I'm trying to get better at making and maintaining friendships, which hasn't always been easy for me.

@resourcefulPond1641 I understand Pond. It is not easy. I appreciate you trying best to do it. We are here to support you.

hugs

September 28th, 2018

Hi, I am new here, and not to write a novel, but this is what I am dealing with. For background information, I have anxiety, depression, ocd, and ptsd. The ptsd stems from being raped. I have just gotten out of an emotionally and physically abusive relationship and feel as if I have had no closure. I am 21 and I was dating a 39 year old psychologist. He was previously married and has a kid. What I didn't know is that he had another girlfriend, which I found out when she called me in the middle of the night off of his phone. The girlfriend informed me that the guy I was seeing is a sociopath and has aspd. I felt so stupid that I didn't see the signs, they were all there, from him acting carelessly and trying to get me pregnant just a few weeks into the relationship to being dependent on alcohol and extremely charming and deceiving. Over the course of two months, he manipulated me and tried to get me in a vulnerable position that would make me decide between him and a baby with him and my family. I thought I would be safe and taken care of dating a psychologist. He drunk called me last night, saying that I was stupid and betrayed him and asked why I would ever talk to the girl on the phone without talking to him. He says that she is a psychopath and just friends and then goes on to contradict himself by saying that he had slept with her with a condom on and then goes on to get mad saying why should I presume that he was sleeping with her. He then blocked my number and I have absolutely no closure and no answers. Is he the sociopath or is she the psychopath? I feel hate towards myself because I told myself that I would never let anyone take advantage of me physically or otherwise. And he took advantage of me physically and emotionally.

September 28th, 2018

@brookie345 Also wondering if anyone has had similar situations, would love the support and would love to support them

@brookie345 oh no, I am sorry to hear about it Brookie. I understand how difficult it is. It is difficult to say who is right or wrong. Feeling betrayed hurt. Take your time to get over this. And take care of yourself. You are the priority for yourself over others.

We all are with you here to support. Feel free and comfortable to connect with us. Hugs <3

anniezhe September 29th, 2018

@ASilentObserver Hey there! Thank you for the message.

anniezhe September 29th, 2018

@ASilentObserver Hey guys! My name is Annie. Nice to meet you.

@anniezhe Hey Annie, Glad to meet you. Hugs.

spacedoutskid03 September 29th, 2018

Hi, I'm new to 7 Cups of Tea. i joined bc I get really stressed and panic more than I'd like. So far just coming on here and doing the little growth path exercises has helped a lot. I have problems with acting on my feelings, which is why I joined this community. I love music and my friends, and am happy to be here.

~Sofia

@spacedoutskid03 I appreciate your efforts Sofia. I am glad you joined us. We all are with you here to support. Sending hugs

JazzyQueen September 30th, 2018

There

@TigerStripesx It is difficult to assume Tiger. Probably you both need to communicate to have a clear view on this. You may take your time to see how it goes.

Welcome aboard. We are glad to see you here. Hugs.

MizzD320 October 1st, 2018

I

@MizzD320 I am sorry to hear about it Miss. I understand how difficult it is for you to get over this. I appreciate you both communicated to fix this. Probably we can give a try and give our best efforts.

We all are with you here to support. hugs

ruffneckred October 1st, 2018

Hi, I am 51, losing my wife, strained relationships with kids, estranged from family, and have literally no friends. I have come to the obvious conclusion that I am terrible at relationships. I have no confidence, low self esteem. I feel like I don't know emotions or feelings except for hurt. I see the world as a web of lies full of liars. That is a world I cannot succeed in, I am honest to a fault. I don't like pretenses and raw me is just an undesirable person to be around. I guess the word dujour for me is toxic. Social media is overflowing with the advice "avoid toxic people" & "dump the toxic person". Very little on how to shed this toxicity, if it means becoming a liar and fake person, no thanks, rather die alone.

Zengrl October 29th, 2018

@ruffneckred hey Ruff, meant to reply to you the other day but couldnt remember where I saw your post laugh. Anyway, I think everyone has something toxic about them. Someone once told me that everyone is an apple and you need to take away just the tiny bad part to be left with the wonderful. I witnessed you helping another new member just a few posts below, and that means you were able to be real, not fake, and in that moment there was nothing toxic. I have issues with self esteem too and so far the Path exercises are helping to show me that and offer some new good habits. So, just know I hear ya and you can reach out.

ruffneckred October 30th, 2018

@Zengrl

Thanks for the kind words, I would like to hear more about the "Path" thing you mentioned. One of my fears / realizations is I am a good person online, but seem to not fair as well in real life interactions. I get very anxious, speaking without thinking, not listening, not remembering most of an interaction, both what was said to me, and what I said. I have hearing issues, tinnitus to be more precise, and it really mucks up verbal communication. Hope to hear from you again, your words meant alot to me, have a great day.

Zengrl October 30th, 2018

@ruffneckred So the Path is the little teacup symbol on this site. There is the regular path or you can pay for a customized one. Im doing the regular one and the repetition of doing positive activities really helps to create good habits. Also, if you ever choose to have a listener, youll quickly see the difference between active listening and what most people do (which is offering advice nonstop). I also have issues of things I say to people (or I think I do wink). Im trying to do more active listening because that is often more helpful. Hang in there...

@Zengrl

oh, I know what the path is, I have been following the "free" version for some time, frugal me will likely be my demise. I also have had several listeners, most were not a workable situation for various reasons. I have had a individual listener for quite some time, they do listen very well and I dare to say we have become friends, hope that does not jinx things. Sometimes I feel like seeking an additional listener as I feel like I have too great of burden to place on my friend, but I have learned that feeling like that may be normal. Have a great day.

Zengrl October 30th, 2018

@ruffneckred just keep going laugh.

@Zengrl

I will, thanks for your kind words.

plumTown3692 October 2nd, 2018

@ASilentObserver

Hi I have problems with my parents, is that included here?

I wish things were better

ruffneckred October 2nd, 2018

@plumTown3692

Hello, yes I believe problems with parents are allowed, encouraged, and welcome. With that said, I qualify my statement with the following, if you are a "teen" there is a particular portion of the site that is separate from the "adult" side. I do not know the parameters of the criteria to follow if that applies. Please do not be offended that I seem to be suggesting that issues with parents is a subject for "teens".. I am 51, estranged from my soon to be 90 mother, and had only a very casual relationship with my late father. I believe my parent and the situation that I was raised in contributed significant to my current life long issues. Not that any wrong doing or concious mistakes were made, but little things have weights, and things add up.. Have a great day.

Ankapav92 October 4th, 2018

Hey guys :)

Im Anya and Ive been in a relationship for about 2 years now (might be longer). I work as a Deli clerk at Ralphs and I like watching romantic comedies, playing guitar, sing and dance for fun.

Currently things are getting better between my boyfriend and I as were slowly beginning to figure ourselves individually. Its been a journey for me to learn to hold ground of my own and be ok with that knowing that mine is mine and it doesnt have to be like others have it (hopefully that made sense o_O)

So I guess that concludes my lil intro lol 😝

Helping2findaway October 17th, 2018

@Ankapav92 thanks for sharing a little about you.. welcome to our community

JaytheNinja October 21st, 2018

Hello, everyone!

ASilentObserver OP October 25th, 2018

@goldenDog9992 Hello Golden, Welcome to the community. <3

neonRaspberries2187 October 21st, 2018

I met an amazing guy at a wedding and decided to embark on my first real relationship with him after not very long... this is not typical of who I am (read: 30 years old and choosing to be in my first relationship 🤣). It all moved very fast, we moved in together and things started falling apart. I since moved out and we are going to work on our relationship and having our own lives while trying to build a strong relationship. He is recently divorced and realized that he has some things to work on to move past some things that have crept up unexpectedly regarding his ex... and I am trying to encourage him to dig deep and really own his feelings and then move on. I truly believe he is a blessing straight from God for me, and I know he feels the same, I just sometimes get exhausted trying to be everything for him and my insecurities often get the best of me. Such is life. Excited to be here to chat with you all!

ASilentObserver OP October 25th, 2018

@neonRaspberries2187 great neon. We are pleased to see you joined us. Welcome.

quickwittedGrapefruit2553 February 8th, 2019

@neonRaspberries2187

It is difficult to jump right into a new relationship after divorce... He needs to sort out his feelings but after that (who knows how long it could take) you guys could have an amazing relationship.

Quietone8717 February 9th, 2019

@neonRaspberries2187

First off don't feel too off, your not alone. I'm in the 30's myself and have not had a real relationship yet XD

And two I just want to say that please remember than you can't be 'EVERYTHING' for him, you will get burnt out. If you are a believer then remember that you should give all burdons to the Lord and He will guide not only you but this guy you care for in healing and direction. Don't put too much on yourself, you are only human. I learned this from those I care for and take care of. It's easy to try to take on everything for the ones we love, but they have to find their own strength in The Lord and you need to support that more than anything. It will go easier for you both I give you my word <3

Praying for the best for you both!

ivoryHouse1399 October 25th, 2018

Hello everyone:) hope your all good

JazzyQueen October 26th, 2018

Hey all. So just before half term I was in working animals (I do an animal course at college). I was working with this guy called Brehnen (the other person in our group had to leave class). We were researching sheep. We did that then discussed things like the girl that everyone hates and campus development etc. There was awkward silences in between as we dont know each other well. We were the quietest group as we got on with each other. He seems really nice and obviously Im going to get to know him better. I just wanted to ask about one thing. He doesnt do this with his mates. When we were talking he was blinking really hardly and fast. I havent seen him do it before as I havent been near him as he always sits with his mates in class and I sit with mine. We were sat next to each other at the time. What is it? Also, I need advice on how to get to know him better. Thanks xx

hardworkingpark83 October 29th, 2018

Hello all!! Glad to be apart of this community.