Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

CaringJoy February 19th, 2016

@Ors this is a totally awesome passage and quote about life to the core. Thank you for sharing and let's all learn to embrace life and keep pressing on! smiley

professionalPerspective60 February 18th, 2016

One of the simplest things to stay happy

is by letting go of the things that make you sad

🙂

positivethoughtshere February 18th, 2016

@professionalPerspective60 perfect :)

Emanual February 18th, 2016

Hope is a function of struggle

-Brene Brown

Butterflye February 18th, 2016

You're not alone because we're all struggling with something...

caterpillargirl February 19th, 2016

"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means PAINT, and that voice will be silenced." ~ Vincent van Gogh

caterpillargirl February 19th, 2016

"They may not need me; yet they might. I'll let my head be just in sight; a smile as small as mine might be precisely their necessity."
~ Emily Dickinson

Oluwa February 19th, 2016

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Stephen R. Covey

February 19th, 2016

dementeddancer February 20th, 2016

My mom is driving me insane. I feel like relapsing. But I don't want to

glisteningKitty10 February 20th, 2016

it doesn't matter if you put no effort or a lot into how you look but do not tell people that they need to look better because that is who they are

RainbowTrie February 21st, 2016

Contrary to popular belief this is not a quote from Buddha, but from Haruki Murakami in a book about running. It does fall in line with Buddhist teachings and mindfulness teachings and I believe it so strongly I may get it tattooed on myself one day.

Life will give us pain, emotional hardship, loss and grief, physical pain...and most of the time we will have no control. How can we, then, overcome these painful barriers and progress in life? The secret is in our minds.

Though mindfullness, which is the careful and judgmentless observation of the present moment, we learn that suffering is a byproduct of pain but it is not pain itself.

Suffering is what happens when we convense ourselves that we cannot bear the pain and try to tun away.

By facing the pain, accepting it, allowing it to be as it is, we decrease the power of suffering, we moved through the pain instead of pulling against it. We acknowlege it and wait to see when it will choose to pass on its own.

With practice we learn to find peace even in the presesence of pain.

We learn how to stop suffering.

Pain in inevitable.

But suffering is optional.

kirsteng123 February 21st, 2016

"Life is like the ocean, it can be calm or still , and rough or rigid, but in the end it's always beautiful"

minipenguin1308 February 22nd, 2016

'Wrists are for bracelets. Not for cutting'

Imek February 22nd, 2016

This too shall pass

CaringJoy February 22nd, 2016

Image result for INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES ON GRATITUDE

February 23rd, 2016

The only true voyage of discovery, the only fountain of Eternal Youth, would be not to visit strange lands but to possess other eyes, to behold the universe through the eyes of another, of a hundred others, to behold the hundred universes that each of them beholds, that each of them is;

VeggieJacks February 23rd, 2016

Never let what you can't do stop you from doing what you can.

Kiwi5 February 23rd, 2016

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,

talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.

There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other

people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of

God that is within us.

It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people

permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear,

Our presence automatically liberates others."

Realitea February 23rd, 2016

@Kiwi5 where is this from? I've definitely seen it but I can't remember the source...

Fro704 February 23rd, 2016

guitarszzx February 23rd, 2016

Reach for the moon, if you miss, you'll land among the stars

mylifemythinking February 28th, 2016

@guitarszzx. I like this because I am following the same

JessAER February 23rd, 2016

"The great art of life is sensation, to feel that we exist, even in pain." - Lord Byron

ScaredKitten15 February 23rd, 2016

"Don't let someone else dim your light becuse it shines brighter in their eyes."

TransAm85 February 23rd, 2016

I didnt get there by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it. - Estee Lauder (Best makeup line ever!)

sighingArtist February 23rd, 2016

youre trying your best every day and im proud of you. even if it doesnt seem like it for you right now, you are worth everything :)

yogagirl14 February 23rd, 2016

"If you have been brutally broken, but still have the courage to be gentle to others then you deserve a love deeper than the ocean." - Nikita Gill

kaeyti February 23rd, 2016

"Since I was young, I have always known this: Life damages us, every single one. We can't escape that damage. But now, I am also learning this: We can be mended. We mend each other." - Veronica Roth

DoeJoDi February 23rd, 2016

"The suffering is only temporary."

Floridawoman February 23rd, 2016

Keep om striving and let the past and the negativity go.

dhabib March 2nd, 2016

@Floridawoman letting go of things and the past is challenging diffcult it hurts its in our own problems we are all human when we have to go to court being in front of a judge and also to let you know i like what others say its yourself it helps me transform heal better thank you

EternalFlashlight February 23rd, 2016

If your questions are unanswered, Then you're asking the wrong questions

@EternalFlashlight I'm not sure I agree with you. If you have an unanswered question, it doesn't make your question invalid, but rather you need more and perhaps better places in which to find the answer to the question bothering you. But, either way, never stop asking!

EternalFlashlight February 24th, 2016

@Realitea

That is the point..

Never stop asking..

Ask different questions!

Nukfi February 23rd, 2016

"I didn't come this far to only come this far".

"Do not confuse my bad days as a sign of weakness. Those are actually the days I am fighting my hardest".

"Lost? Come back to the cross".

@Nukfi particularly love the first one :) although a journey is transformative in and of itself it is not an end unto itself and I think your quote makes that distinction really nicely

Nukfi February 23rd, 2016

@Realitea Yes, the first one is my favourite, too. And it's very motivational.

BabyXira February 23rd, 2016

Hold

On

Pain

Ends

😘😘

ezrea February 23rd, 2016

For anyone who also likes any martial art (I practice ninjutsu):

"Self-defense is not just defense of the self from outside harm, it is also having the self-discipline to protect you from yourself"

"Rule number 1: Don't get hit. Don't get hit physically, and don't hit yourself mentally. Don't. Get. Hit."