Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Eating motivation

sadcat13 November 26th, 2023

Okay sooo this is a bit unconventional probably, but hear me out. I have an avoidant restrictive food intake disorder, mainly caused by my phobia of having an allergic reaction from food. This causes me periods of time where eating makes me be in serious distress so i eat very little or avoid eating alltogether. I have been eating well for the last few weeks, but yesterday some devouring issues arised and my anxiety is starting to spiral. It is very helpful for me to flood myself with positive food content when spiraling to help me understand that food is not my enemy.

Soooo my request to you would be: share some delicious pictures of your favourite meals, or tell me about what you love about food and eating to create a positive motivation for that *** control jello in my head 🧠 

Optimisticempath November 26th, 2023

@sadcat13

proud of you for sharing your struggles and finding a way that helps also seeking more help in motivating yourself 🤗

my current relationship with food isn't the best either but i luv how comforting soupy pasta is (yes I like mine a lil soupy🥰) also noodles, dimsums, sushi, pizza, kebabs, rolls, chocolate etc some that bring me joy

sushi.gif

image_1701038313.png

image_1701038350.png

mr-cakes-foodie.gif

does any of this help? im drooling here lmao😭

sadcat13 OP November 26th, 2023

@Optimisticempath @Optimisticempath yessss. Thank you for the wonderful pictures. Make me feel much more comfort around food. And hope you will also find something that helps you with food too🌻

Optimisticempath December 11th, 2023

@sadcat13 really glad to know and thank you too 🥺 your amazing!!

AnyaThePickleInAPickle November 27th, 2023

I love watching 2d animated depictions of food. They're hand-drawn with so much love and they always make everything look so good. ❤️ You can always find videos of them, but my top recommendation is a compilation on Youtube called "The Glorious Food of Studio Ghibli Supercut". It sparks so much joy!! The food is animated so beautifully and everyone always looks so excited and satisfied as they eat:

https://youtu.be,wRMdMjEyDC8?si=54eILaQNEhXOWQcd

I also recommend looking up "Gordon Ramsey likes the food" because for all the times he's yelled about bad food, every scene on his shows where he likes what he eats is just so wholesome. He talks about all the good aspects of his food in great detail, and it sounds like that's just what you need to hear.

Also as a personal story, the other day I went out to eat at a restaurant! I got a Poke bowl with some Boba tea 😩 It was SO tasty, I'm hungry just typing about it! Fluffy white rice, mixed greens as a base, cooked shrimp and crab salad, topped with crunchy pieces of dried onion and noodle... The sauce on it was so good, YumYum Sauce and Ponzo... I don't think I'd heard of them before, but when I go home to my family on Christmas I'm gonna find out what they're made of or where they're sold because I just GOTTA cook with them!!

sadcat13 OP November 29th, 2023

@AnyaThePickleInAPickle thank youuu for your help. I checked them out and they are amazing 🌻

WayJay December 1st, 2023

Food is an absolute gift from nature! You quite literally become what you eat. It’s where your body gets the material to build your cells, and everything else in your body. How incredible is that??

sadcat13 OP December 1st, 2023

@WayJay time to become a cheese sandwich 😄🧀

Tinywhisper11 December 1st, 2023

@sadcat13 sympathises with your eating disorder . Gives you a giant festive tiny hug ❤❤ and shares my favourite food with you🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦yaaay icecream 😋

@Tinywhisper11 thank you. I´m having a very hard day, my ED is screaming. I really need it today.

Tinywhisper11 December 1st, 2023

@sadcat13 I only weigh 58 pounds probably a bit less now, cause I've been ill, but I'm only half a body. So that's not to bad. My is trauma related though, so it's a bit different. I'm sorry your struggling too . Ed is very hard. Make sure you drink enough water. Hugggs you tightly

@Tinywhisper11 wow. Converted it to kg and ooof. You are very light. And i thought with my 99.208 (converted to punds for u) is bad

chyni December 2nd, 2023

@sadcat13

i can’t imagine how difficult and frustrating this must be for you at times 🫂🩷 i know what it’s like to experience panic attacks and so i understand the frustration and fear. here’s two of my favorite foods to eat! 

— here we have curried mutton and roti (jamaican style) it doesn’t matter the meat thou, chicken, pork, mutton once it’s curried ☺️

img-6118_1701478254.jpeg

— this is ackee and salt fish with fried dumplings and fried ripe plantains .. when i was smaller my mom used to make bite sized chicken with the ackee instead of the saltfish, tbh i rather the chicken instead of the saltfish 

img-6120_1701478530.jpeg

wishing you the best of luck cat!! 🩷

sadcat13 OP December 2nd, 2023

@chyni thank you, it looks delicious 🌻

sadcat13 OP December 4th, 2023

@SociusVj thank you. This is very helpful 🌻

WeEarth December 27th, 2023

@sadcat13

Discover joy in Indian cuisine, where spices dance, colors enchant, and every bite narrates a tale of culture and flavor.

Some of the dishes which I recommend:

• Chole Bhature
  • Masala Dosa
  • Paneer Tikka
  • Samosa
  • Gulab Jamun
  • Rasgulla
  • Pani Puri (Golgappa)
  • Aloo Paratha
  • Kerala's sadya
  • Jalebi

Hope you will enjoy😁

milk-and.gif

sadcat13 OP December 27th, 2023

@WeEarth thank you, will check them out😊

SunShineAlwaysGrateful January 12th

My son has the same disorder he has autism I totally understand that struggle. So sorry you are struggling with this but so glad you came here for support ….

sadcat13 OP January 12th

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful thank you. This disorder is peak mental pain. Your son is very brave for fighting it too 🌻

@sadcat13

My son has only a dozen safe foods that he is comfortable consuming he is in university doing engineering and doing well. He has lost 24 lbs the first term bc of so much walking and of course study so much he doesn’t eat or have foods that he prefers so I am always bringing him food …

sadcat13 OP January 12th

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful that's heartbreaking to hear. I am in the same boat, although with a little more safe foods. Raw stuff is a big problem, but I can eat quite a lot of things I struggle with in raw state when it comes to cooked meals. So there is at least that. Also being underweight hard, around 45kg on 165 cm and 23 years of age. I feel exhausted all the time. I can't even imagine how much worse it is for him. 

@sadcat13

Frozen Greek yogurt with toppings yummy like ice cream 

img-3123_1705019414.jpeg

sadcat13 OP January 12th

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful this looks so good. Thank you 😊

@sadcat13

You are welcome