Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Leadership Development Program! Become a leader

Hope October 17th, 2022

The 7 Cups Academy is a tuition-free institution that trains members, listeners, and researchers to develop skills and better care for our community. These are professional skills that are of great use even outside 7 Cups. We believe in practice-driven learning and all of our courses have in-field experience at the core.

This program is part of our academy! The 7 Cups Academy has had 1308 graduates and currently has 404 enrolled trainees

Why choose 7 Cups Academy?

• All of our programs are completely free

• 1-1 mentor support to help you graduate

• You choose your program duration and can seek extensions

• Our programs focus on hands-on practical training

• The programs offer training in sought-after professional skills

• You will be provided with a certificate and a badge upon successful completion

• You will train among a group of like-minded individuals who you can learn from

• It is a great way to work towards a 7 Cups role. Academy graduates gain relevant experience that makes them good candidates for 7 Cups roles within that focus.

• All graduates (from any of the academy programs) can request a letter of recommendation

• We provide 7 Cups work verifications, references for school/university/work applications

• Not only will we provide you with valuable training, but we can also verify your work experience if needed.

Now let's talk about the Leadership Development Program!

The program is designed to help you become a strong leader. It includes both theoretical and practical components and is spread over 6-8 weeks. It takes a personal approach and starts with helping you identify and build upon your natural gifts and strengths. There is a learning-by-doing practical component where you practice what you learn by serving in a community domain alongside other leaders in either the engagement or quality programs.

What does the LDP offer?

• In-depth learning of personal strengths and weaknesses and how they impact your leadership skill

• Focused content on cultural diversity

• In-depth study of building and maintaining thriving communities as a leader

• An in-depth look into foundational leadership principles

• Introduction to leadership on 7 Cups and the opportunity to acquire a leadership role before graduation from the program.

Key content learned in the program

• Gaining self-awareness through personality tests (Myers & Briggs, The Big 5 and the Enneagram)

• In-depth knowledge of building and maintaining communities

• Supporting fellow trainees

• Components of personal leadership

• Study of foundational leadership principles

• Lessons on cultural diversity

• Obtaining a leadership role

The program is best suited for

• Users interested in improving their self-awareness

• Users interested in understanding the dynamics of thriving communities

• Users interested in learning how to become great leaders

• Users interested in service leadership

• Users interested in joining leadership roles at 7 Cups

• Users looking to expand their knowledge of diversity and cultural acceptance

• Users who are already active in the community but wish to contribute more in a leadership role

• Users looking to advance in their leadership roles on or outside 7 Cups

Requirements to join for LISTENERS

• Verified Listener

• If you are not a verified listener yet, you can still enroll in LDP as long as you have submitted the application form AND you meet the requirements to become a verified listener.

• No behavior reports in the past 8 weeks

Requirements to join for MEMBERS

• No newbie badge (member account that is older than a month)

• Appreciated Voice badge (for making 20 forum posts, this can be a post itself or responding to someone else’s post)

• No behavior reports in the past 8 weeks

📢Please apply here

Wondering much time it takes? 3 hours per week on average for a minimum of 6 weeks (more if you choose more). It is self-paced!

Optimisticempath October 17th, 2022

@Hope nice to know that members can apply as well 💕

TheSunParadox33 October 21st, 2022

i agree! It’s so reassuring to know that 7cups has an opportunity for people like me to become leaders!

dudewithaplan November 29th, 2022

@TheSunParadox33 i wish you good luck with the process.

CalmRosebud December 28th, 2022

This seems like a worthwhile opportunity!

Hope OP December 29th, 2022

@K8tjee

Hi! If you are referring to the Leadership Development Program, you can apply here

If you would like to take part in the community building course alone on its own (the course is part of LDP) you can do so here

purplelady568 January 3rd, 2023

@Hope Thank you for this informative post! Can you give an idea of what different kinds of leadership roles are available at 7cups?

yourbuddy30 January 3rd, 2023

@purplelady568 Hello purple! I am happy to see you be interested in this program! 7 cups offers various kinds of domains and offers different leadership roles. You can find them here and also here for better understanding. I look forward to see you enroll in this program

purplelady568 January 3rd, 2023

@yourbuddy30 Thank you.

heavenlyJoy8530 February 1st, 2023

@Hope sounds good

SunShineAlwaysGrateful February 13th, 2023

I will eventually get to this one ☝️

purpleSea7109 June 24th, 2023

Woe congratulations being a leader.x

heathermarie95 August 31st, 2023

@Hope

Is there a syllabus I can review before applying?

blissfulTouch29 August 31st, 2023

@heathermarie95

what are you applying for?

nothing at the moment. just wanted to take at the leadership development program syllabus

blissfulTouch29 August 31st, 2023

@heathermarie95

did you find what you were looking for?

not yet, no

blissfulTouch29 September 1st, 2023

@heathermarie95

What are you looking for

heathermarie95 September 1st, 2023

the leadership development program syllabus

yourbuddy30 September 2nd, 2023

@heathermarie95 You can refer to this post regarding that LDP Walk Through

GoldenRuleJG September 2nd, 2023

Honest manner with a sensitive, polite approach, consistent check ins, patient attitude , and someone who motivates you and believes in you ❤️

4Jasmine February 25th

@Hope

Since I am uncertain if I actually did the questions in course 1, I am reanswering them now that I am starting to get the hang of things.

I am an INFT-A. The main things I learned about myself is that I am going to take time just learning to use technology and on-line acronyms. I also learned that I am a bit frustrated by this daunting hurdle. In my schooling days a tape recorder and IBM typewriter were high tech.😊 In fact, I still have my 1st Samsung phone that is at least 10 years old. I am using the I-Pad on loan to me for my P.T. in order to do my homework. Using my VERY old computer is not possible because it is Windows 7, and using the one that is not as old is difficult due to my not being familiar with it yet, and it not having any paid extras normally on a computer. I think that I am getting the hang of this in spite of the difficulties. Hurray! Other than that I did not discover much about myself, that I had not already learned being a mother of four and/or been informed about earlier throughout my years of schooling. 

FinalFantasy March 12th

@Hope hi! Can this program go towards work placement? I am in TAFE and studying mental health certificate 4. I need someone to sign off that I’ve done everything right. 

Kind regards,
fantasiesfinal. 
Hope OP March 12th

@FinalFantasy

You will need to check with the place of work. They can best guide you if they accept this specific program for that placement. We are able to provide verification of your work on 7 Cups, you can read more on that here. 

daydreammemories March 24th

@Hope

Hi, hope you're doing okay. I've been meaning to ask this in general, for the LDP, I completed the first three courses not not so far from each other about 3 weeks ago I guess, the badge for my first course was in a couple of days within completing the course, but the next to seem to be ? i dont know 😅

I wanted to ask whether I should wait more or should I refill as if there might have been some mistakes from my answers or some errors in sending. Also, I wanted to ask whether one can graduate earlier or its not possible.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask such questions, and thank you!

Hope OP March 24th

@daydreammemories

Hi Day! I am not sure I understand your questions but you can ask a LDP mentor here and they can help you. 

daydreammemories March 24th

@Hope

Thank you!

TheSunParadox33 May 1st

I really would like to try this! How does the training go? Mon-Friday, 8am-4pm or something else?

EmberOfHope May 2nd

I signed up to this for 4 weeks. I'd like to extend it to 6 weeks. I haven't gotten my acceptance letter yet, as it isn't my time. Do I need to fully resubmit the form or is someone able to just adjust my program to six weeks before I start it for ease?

TU100OT July 21st

@Hope

Thank you for sharing. Sounds interesting and hope it fits well for people are looking for this opportunity :)

TheSunParadox33 July 26th

I’m going to take the next step and apply to this today! I’m nervous but I would like to reach out for something and actually achieve it!

purpleSea7109 July 27th

Yes take next step however you feel. 

I am justva,click away.Xx 

I try help you all.