Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

PL 101: Understanding Your Gifts and Strengths from the MBTI (Discussion 2)

GlenM June 29th, 2020

Please note: In order to successfully complete Course 1, you must respond to this post. Your comment/response should answer the questions/shows that you completed the given activity (if any). Read the post carefully and follow the instructions given. Save your responses to a document that you can later refer to. You will need to copy/paste your response in the course evaluation form at the end of each course to show that you have done the work and to refresh your memory.
-
Hello Leadership Crew!

I have just gone through the introduction thread and read about all of you. If you havent yet introduced yourself, then please stop by and share a little about yourself so we can get to know you. Im encouraged by all the great people that have joined. This should be a fun and enriching program!

Let me first zoom back and talk more broadly about your career and how we can help. When you become a leader on 7 Cups, we want you to find the work fulfilling. Fulfilling work means that it is:

a) work you are good at;
b) work that is interesting to you; and
c) work that solves an important problem or meets an important goal (Thiel, 2015).

The sweet spot is that blue area in the middle below.

Work Alignment Diagram

If you do work that you are good at, but not interested in, then you wont do a great job. If you do work that you are interested in, but not particularly good at, then it wont be great work. If you do work that you are good at and interested in, but it isnt helping to solve an important problem, then we wont be a good fit for you. We need alignment on all 3 things. We work very hard at the beginning of your work with us to match your inherent strengths and interests with needs we have so that we can work together to solve problems that we all care about.

You have strengths â things that you are just really good at when compared with others. Operating out of your strengths feels good, is personally fulfilling, and enables you to hit flow states. As a result, you are much more effective and productive. Operating out of weaknesses is a drain. If you have to do work that you are not good at, then you wont be as effective. Doubling down on your strengths enables you to level up much faster and it helps 7 Cups make much more progress. Â

The next step becomes helping you find ways to identify your strengths, gifts or natural talents. You can learn some of this through self-observation - what do you seem especially good at? Are there things that just come natural to you that are more challenging for others? My wife, for example, is really good at writing; it just comes natural to her. Im pretty good at public speaking, whereas others find it more challenging.

Another way is to ask people you trust. You can say: What do you think Im good at? Or: what do you think are my top 1-3 strengths? Things that stand out to you about me? Note: only ask people you trust because sometimes people can give you feedback in a harmful rather than helpful way especially if they are not trustworthy.

For the purposes of this course, we are going to use personality tests to help you identify your strengths. Some of these are better than others; they are more reliable and have more research behind them. Broadly, we are using them here to help you begin to map out your strengths and to help you find ways where you can naturally excel here on 7 Cups, in your personal life, and in whatever career your are in or choose further down the road.

To start:

Go to this site here and take the test: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Next, in the thread below, answer the following questions:

1. What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please Â

2. What were the main things you learned about yourself?

3. What are your top 3 strengths or gifts according to this test? Please describe them.

Last, when people interact with one another, it makes the course more enriching and it allows us to learn more about one another. In addition to posting in the thread, please also be sure to respond in a helpful and positive way to at least 3 other comments in this thread.

You can also ask any questions in this thread and well respond to them as well.

Very excited to kick this off with all of you!

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! You must take part in the brainstorming/activities given in all of these posts to successfully complete the program.

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

uniqueDaisy September 15th, 2020

@Tyedyedbutterfly65

I agree its much easier to joke around with people off line when you can see their body language.

LittleBirdie30 July 10th, 2020

@Tyedyedbutterfly65 We are the same personality type!! I am very extroverted too :) I never stop talking to people

Tyedyedbutterfly65 July 11th, 2020

@LittleBirdie30 Yay !!! I am really a chatterbox lol I talk and talk and wanna know about people and what makes them happy or sad and I love learning new things and love to embrace each day as it comes ..

You are awesome just as I am lol.... keep being you !! Love people and keep on talking !! lol heart

Grace8402 July 10th, 2020

@Tyedyedbutterfly65

I got an ENFJ-T too! And yes, we all are unique. The fluctuating self-esteem and the fear of letting someone down are relatable. You seem to be an awesome person! Peace and love to you too! Have a great day ahead! 🎉

glisteningEyes July 11th, 2020

@Tyedyedbutterfly65

You're worthy & you're also an amazing person!

Your traits make you a lovely person :)

Tyedyedbutterfly65 July 11th, 2020

@glisteningEyes Thank you so much so sweet of you !!! You are a true gift yourself heart

CintaBali September 15th, 2020

@Tyedyedbutterfly65

Thanks again - I am a Tyedyed fan - I love all your posts.

Tyedyedbutterfly65 September 15th, 2020

@CintaBali Awwwwwwwwww Thank you so much so sweet of you !!! So appreicated !!heart You are awesome yourself !!!

Ashvillium October 3rd, 2020

@Tyedyedbutterfly65

I see that's why you are a lovely host and a wonderful personality. :D

Tyedyedbutterfly65 October 3rd, 2020

heart @Ashvillium Thank you I try and be , thank you for your kind words .. hugsss , Tye

AzraelAlpha404 September 20th, 2021

@Tyedyedbutterfly65

I’m glad you already knew your personality and accept it! Keep up the positivity!

relaxSea July 10th, 2020

@GlenM

My personality type is: INTP.

One thing I learned about myself is that I can actually be creative, but may have not identified the small moments this has been shown. On the other hand, (and this is something I never even considered) in relationship fights I may try to find more of a logical solution rather than think about meeting my partner's needs. Another thing is the love for patterns. I am always trying to find them, and make connections; but never stepped back, and thought about how I could apply this to a potential professional career.

My top 3 strengths are: being objective, honest and straightforward, and open-minded. In being objective, I don't focus on the emotional aspect of things, rather of the facts and the truth around it. I try to use information available, no things such as feelings or thoughts without a firm base. As honest and straightforward, I provide information in a manner where it may be considered as 'blunt' or 'unfiltered' which may, at times, be taken the wrong way. Finally, as open-minded I am always excited, and available about learning new things even if it's something I don't truly specialize about. I don't close my mind to one single idea in my head; I rather enjoy reading, and listening to different types of views over a variety of topics.

Theeflash July 10th, 2020

I love your strengths

relaxSea July 10th, 2020

@Theeflash thank you! Yours are awesome :)

LittleBirdie30 July 10th, 2020

@relaxSea I love that you identified your ability to be creative! Embrace it! :)

relaxSea July 11th, 2020

@LittleBirdie30 Im starting to :)

Grace8402 July 10th, 2020

@relaxSea

Wow! You seem to be that one friend who always carefully analyses any situation and that's awesome! 🎉

relaxSea July 11th, 2020

@Grace8402 i totally am!

cocoakrispies121 July 11th, 2020

@relaxSea

We got the same strenghts! I got Logistic INTP-T.

relaxSea July 11th, 2020

@cocoakrispies121 we have the same type of personality !

@relaxSea

That was an awesome description!

I hadn't heard of the objective trait before, I see myself in some of that trait.

1. What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please

INFJ

I can often be found engaging in rescue efforts and doing charity work and my real passion is to get to the heart of the issue

3. What are your top 3 strengths or gifts according to this test? Please describe them.

Creativity, insightful, Altruistic

PigfaceMcGee513 July 10th, 2020

@Theeflash

ENFP

I am Extremely open minded and open hearted.

3 attributes, Kindness, Flexibility, Adaptability

@PigfaceMcGee513 Amazing personality

KindnessMatters2020 July 11th, 2020

@PigfaceMcGee513

You sound like an awesome person and I am glad you are part of 7 Cups :)

Listeningsarinn July 13th, 2020

@PigfaceMcGee513

yaaay for enfp ^^

peacefulWarrior10 September 11th, 2020

@PigfaceMcGee513

I can relate, since I'm ENFP too. You are A or T?

gigantCloud92 February 11th, 2021

@PigfaceMcGee513 That's Great!

@Theeflash

That's an awesome thing to learn about yourself!

I'm 'too' altruistic :p

SoftAlpaca10 July 16th, 2020

@Theeflash

I love how you worded the section of what you learned about yourself! We have a very similar personality type, mine is INFJ-T. I also have some of the same strengths are you!

Theeflash July 17th, 2020

@SoftAlpaca10 Hey,thank you.....fellow INFJ it's very nice to meet you ❤️

Anexmos November 3rd, 2020

@Theeflash

viva advocates! interesting readings.

gentleLove04 May 10th, 2021

@Theeflash

INFJ's are very rare, you should be very proud of yourself!

Yougotmyback July 10th, 2020

@GlenM It was an amazing test!

1. What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please.

My personality type is - Defender, ISFJ-A

That if I learn to manage my emotions perfectly then I can surely do things in a better & efficient way.

Supportive – Defenders are the universal helpers, sharing their knowledge, experience, time and energy with anyone who needs it, and all the more so with friends and family. People with this personality type strive for win-win situations, choosing empathy over judgment whenever possible.

Reliable and Patient – Rather than offering sporadic, excited rushes that leave things half finished, Defenders are meticulous and careful, taking a steady approach and bending with the needs of the situation just enough to accomplish their end goals. Defenders not only ensure that things are done to the highest standard, but often go well beyond what is required.

Imaginative and Observant – Defenders are very imaginative, and use this quality as an accessory to empathy, observing others emotional states and seeing things from their perspective. With their feet firmly planted on the ground, it is a very practical imagination, though they do find things quite fascinating and inspiring

CheeryMango July 10th, 2020

@Yougotmyback our strengths are very similar :)

Yougotmyback July 10th, 2020

@CheeryMango Yes, they are! Good to know. :)

*High five*

@Yougotmyback

I loved your description!

Emotions make us human though, so don't feel like you always have to control them :)

Yougotmyback July 11th, 2020

@glisteningEyes Hey, thank you. :)

Yes, they do. The problem with my emotions is that I need to have more of self love. I need to give myself the love I have given to everyone else. Also, not take things too personally. :)

@Yougotmyback

ah I can relate to that !

warmLove3625 February 11th, 2021

@Yougotmyback

Hi there!

Super interesting to read your personality type information because we are different. Defender being reliable and observant makes sense to me. How do you find these strengths show up in your life?

Best of luck on your LDP Journey ! :)