Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Course 1, Discussion 2: The Big 5

Hope December 5th, 2022

Hello Leadership Crew!

Begin by taking the Big 5 test and answering the following questions. You can also read more on the Big 5 here and below.

✒️ What were the main things you learned about yourself?

✒️ What are your strengths as per the test and how can the strengths you identified on both tests help you in your personal life?

8V0vw3BQYtUJ2RbDJwYaBitIMfAo3N0ZcNJzngJZjc2ZfX8wNX9BoSlPd2yTaIob5fSS5cNTEMF_ANDyrwsKvBgQhaHcv7NcAE3Uj_WXJs6XuMz7cPe6Xii5swDZufxYnCjcVFAsKH8

✒️ Please reply to at least 1 of your peers in this thread with encouraging or supportive words!

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! tinyurl.com/Course1Discussion3

🔉This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program, find information on it here tinyurl.com/AcademyLDP

December 8th, 2022

@Hope

My results were similar to what I identified in the previous discussion. Although my Negative Emotionality (N) showed I'm not particulary nervous, nor calm. I'm unsure what this could mean though, maybe I'm just me.

✒️ What are your strengths as per the test and how can the strengths you identified on both tests help you in your personal life?

Open Mindedness: Somewhat conventional

Conscientiousness: You are very well-organised and can be relied upon.

Extraversion: Tend to shy away from social situations

Agreeableness: Tend to consider the feelings of others

Negative Emotionality: Aren't particuarly nervous nor calm

Understanding my personality will allow me to address my strengths and my weaknesses to ensure I'm more successful in the future. Working on my weaknesses will allow me to progress to an all-round personality.

NanditaB January 6th, 2023

@LlamaLizz Its nice to know abt ur results :)

January 6th, 2023

@NanditaB

Thank you, good luck on the LDP!

iPHOENIX February 14th, 2023

@LunaHere

It's nice to know ourselves, but ma I ask how well yu trust the result or you think retaking test will help ?

CurrySoup12 March 22nd, 2023

@LunaHere I feel like a lot of people I know shy away from social situations. I do too :P

WishUponAStar968 February 19th

@Hope

"Understanding my personality will allow me to address my strengths and my weaknesses to ensure I'm more successful in the future. Working on my weaknesses will allow me to progress to an all-round personality."

I believe that when we begin to understand our personality, with its strength and weaknesses, we can identify points on where to grow and where to stop and think, of a new strategy, I agree that allowing yourself to look upon your weaknesses is beneficial in fostering growth in all different parts of our personality. - Thank you for your insights

Mohamed10102121 July 16th

I was happy to have this test because it made me more aware of my personality as organized, social, considerate, calm, and inclined to stability.

TheFantasticPengua December 20th, 2022

@Hope

1. I am way more disorganized than I thought I would be. I'm in the middle of extrovert and introvert. I'm a little bit less agreeable than I thought I would be. I usually get along with others pretty well, but I definitely understand how my anger can affect that score. I thought I'd be placed higher for the nervousness.

2. My strengths are that I'm curious and pretty open to new ideas. I seem to have many interests and am somewhat independent. I do enter poetry contests and I do a lot of paint-by-numbers, so I definitely can see how that applies. Using these tests, I can learn how my beliefs impact my behavior and see trends in my behavior over time.

CallumCares421 December 20th, 2022

@TheFantasticPengua

I learned that I wasn't as open-minded as I thought I was, and that I am not as introverted as I thought. I also am very agreeable.

My strengths are agreeability and conscientiousness. These are good skills to have in your personal life as it is good to be one to get along with easily, and being organized and having careful planning in life seems to lead to better success rates.

December 23rd, 2022

@TheFantasticPengua

I'm sorry you found out things you didn't realise, although its very important to identify your weaknesses so you know what areas you will succeed in best and ways to improve! 💛

beyoutofullkalon March 8th, 2023

@TheFantasticPengua

This is so wholesome! Wishing you all the very best <3

quietlistener2023 January 1st

@TheFantasticPengua I guess what you aay xan be similar to myself in some aspects. ..I also know myself to be agreeable but this can depend how others treat me and if I become defensive sometimes.  I am very open as well   thank you for sharing

Mohamed10102121 July 16th

@المستمع الهادئ2023

That's good and great 

sunnySea4551 January 3rd, 2023

@HopeWhat were the main things you learned about yourself?

I remain calm, even in tense situations. Im more disorganized then I thought

What are your strengths as per the test and how can the strengths you identified on both tests help you in your personal life?

im good in tense situations, and reliable

JasmineFlower222 January 16th, 2023

@sunnySea4551

Your results sound cool ❤️

kindJewel5362 February 6th, 2023

😄@sunnySea4551

I learned I was way more disorganized than I thought as well. Let us unite!!! 😜

purplelady568 February 8th, 2023

@kindJewel5362 LOL, disorgaized people, unite!

I have enjoyed reading your responses on the forums.

sky2Ocean20 February 27th

@sunnySea4551

that's a good review of your personality. The strength you got is definitely a good quality to have. 💚

NanditaB January 6th, 2023

@Hope

It was almost similar to the previous disscussion. I was surprised to know i am neither introvert nor extrovert.

Open Mindedness: You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways.

Conscientiousness: You probably have a messy desk!

Extraversion: You are neither particularly social or reserved.

Agreeableness: You tend to consider the feelings of others.

Negative Emotionality: You are generally relaxed.

Understanding my personality helped me understand my strengths and my weaknesses.

purplelady568 January 7th, 2023

@NanditaBT hanks for sharing your insights with us. It looks like you and I got very similar results. I think it is a great thing that you are aware of your weaknesses.

purplelady568 January 7th, 2023

My results spelled the acronym OCEAN.

Open-Mindedness - you are relatively open to new ideas and experiences. (64%)

Conscientiousness - You probably have a messy desk (this is true, I am slightly disorganized!)

Extraversion - this one appeared to be right in the middle. (56%) It said "You are neither particularly social or reserved." I guess it depends on the situation?

Agreeableness - You are good-natured, courteous, and supportive. (82%)

Negative Emotionality - You tend to become anxious or nervous. (60%) I think this is also very situational. In big emergencies, I do tend to be calm and assertive, but in everyday life I am a little more nervous or stressed.

Understanding my personality is helpful for me to be aware of weak or problem areas, and helpful when thinking about how others see me or how they might react to my personality strengths/weaknesses.

AvyIsKing February 8th, 2023

@purplelady568

I agree, and what you said below your results was very wise.

I wish you the best with your journey both on LDP and just in life in general ❤

purplelady568 February 8th, 2023

@Jefferythebunny319 thank you, that is so sweet! I wish you all the best, too!

JasmineFlower222 January 16th, 2023

What were the main things you learned about yourself?

I learned that I'm open minded, well organized and reliable, I don't tend to like social gatherings, I'm courteous and supportive, and I'm usually anxious or nervous.

What are your strengths as per the test and how can the strengths you identified on both tests help you in your personal life?

All of the strengths listed above could help me when I'm interacting with new people, working in groups, or attending social gatherings where I may not know everyone there.

jasishereforallofu January 23rd, 2023

@JasmineFlower222 I love your answer 😊

YourCaringConfidant February 9th, 2023

@JasmineFlower222 Once again, you received such great results. Being open-minded and reliable are both beautiful qualities you possess. You seem like a really great person! A great one to be around at that. You show that people can count on you and it does not surprise me you scored high on that category. Stay amazing and sweet.

jasishereforallofu January 23rd, 2023

@Hope What were the main things you learned about yourself?

Open-Mindedness
High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative. You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways. (Your percentile: 87) Conscientiousness
High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent. You are well-organized, and are reliable.
(Your percentile: 79) Extraversion
High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet. You tend to shy away from social situations. (Your percentile:
38) Agreeableness
High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous. Y are good-natured, courteous, and supportive. (Your percentile: 98) Negative Emotionality
High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy. . You tend to become anxious or nervous. (Your percentile: 61)

I am open minded which I found out to be helpful. 😊
Chloe1644 January 29th, 2023

@Hope

not sure

Open-Mindedness
You prefer traditional and familiar experiences.
Conscientiousness

You tend to do things somewhat haphazardly.
Extraversion
You tend to shy away from social situations.
Agreeableness

You find it easy to criticize others.
Negative Emotionality

You aren't particularly nervous, nor calm.

kindJewel5362 February 6th, 2023

I was quite surprised to see myself rated as more disagreeable than agreeable since I view myself as a peacemaker. But I do voice my opinion when I feel things are going south so maybe that's that coming into play.

Very open to new experiences. This quality was stated to the max. I find this a great trait to have because I have no qualms going beyond the accepted/ conventional way of doing things to solve the problem at hand.

AvyIsKing February 8th, 2023

What's the main thing you learned about yourself?

I learned that I'm more organized than people think. The test said I'm both organized and unorganized.

O- I'm super open minded. This is super beneficial to my life and my skills with adapting.

C- I'm both organized and unorganized at the same time. Kinda like the perfect blend. While I wish I was more organized, I can learn to use this as a strength.

E- I'm very introverted and tend to stay away from social situations..... yea I knew this and it's still a shock but it does make sense.

A- apparently I'm in the middle of arguing or forgiving, which can be a strength when it comes to standing up for myself, kinda. Seems like it could be a strength or maybe not.

N- I'm very anxious and tend to worry. Yup knew this, this is a big issue in my life <3

purplelady568 February 9th, 2023

@Jefferythebunny319 these are great insights. Thanks for sharing them with us.

YourCaringConfidant February 9th, 2023

I learned that by taking the big 5 test that I do not like taking these kinds of tests. They are not beneficial to me nor do they adequately define who I am as a person. I answered questions honestly and am not pleased with my results. My results said that I scored high on open-mindedness and negative emotionality... and scored low on conscientiousness, agreeableness, and extraversion. According to that it just makes me seem cold blooded, irresponsible, and negligent and that is soooo far from the truth. I am introverted, yes, but I care for others. I have moments of sadness, yes, but I love my life. I have potential for good and bad in me and that is just because I am human. At the end of the day, I am what I say I am and what my actions show me to be... not what a test says.

I scored in the 96th percentile for open-mindedness, so that is a good thing.

Ivy229 May 21st

@YourCaringConfidant

I agree these type of test can be hit or miss with the accuracy of the scores you can receive. I don't think you can truly tell a person's personality and nature off a couple questions that they answered.

BenittaJ February 13th, 2023

@Hope

I learnt -

Open-minded -

somewhat conventional.

Conscientiousness

I have a messy desk! (Your percentile: 6)

Extraversi

Shy away from social situations.

Agreeableness

I find it easy to criticize others.

Negative Emotionality.

My strengths acc to the test ;

Open minded

calmingsun111 February 27th, 2023

@BenittaJ Hello! Haha, we are kinda different in many ways! Diversity is actually great to see. :))

Have a great day!

iPHOENIX February 14th, 2023

As similar as Discussion one, nothing different. maybe I am a bit lazy and disorgonized, but I don't know how that affect me being dependable or not. And personally, I don't think it's a good test, tend to choose most cases :)

That I am not someone with negetive emotionality. But as I said I don't yhink the test is accurate, I don't trust it to be honest.

Mitanshi003 February 17th, 2023

@iPHOENIX

I can understand why you must feel that way. The test isn't as inclusive and we tend to act differently in different situations regardless of our labeled traits. 🍀

Mitanshi003 February 17th, 2023

@Hope

1. What were the main things you learned about yourself?

I've come to understand that I possess a combination of both extroverted and introverted characteristics. I believe this to be advantageous in the long term, as it allows me to cultivate a social network in my professional life while also enabling me to make more thoughtful choices when it comes to my personal relationships.

2. What are your strengths as per the test and how can the strengths you identified on both tests help you in your personal life?

My strengths as per the BIG 5 test:-
<3 Open-Mindedness: I have a strong sense of curiosity and creativity, and am willing to consider new ideas and perspectives.

<3 Extraversion: I have a balanced approach to social interactions, and am comfortable building relationships and collaborating with others.
<3 Agreeableness: I am able to approach conflicts with a level head and find compromises that work for everyone, while also being an independent thinker.

How the strengths I identified can help me in my personal life:-
I believe that the MBTI and BIG 5 tests offered me great insights into my strengths and the areas I need to work on. I am doing quite well in my personal life, rather than applying any strengths I'd like to reflect on how my perfectionist trait has caused a hassle in my relationships So I'd like to set realistic expectations for myself and the people around me 🍀

EnigmaticCat24 February 19th, 2023

@Mitanshi003. Wow We got similar results!

March 6th, 2023

@Mitanshi003

Hey, we scored similarly on Open-mindedness and Extraversion !