Banana Oat Cookies

Jenna December 18th, 2023

Ingredients:
Ripe Bananas (2)
Rolled Oats (1 cup)
Chocolate Chips or Raisins (1/2 cup)

Instructions:
Preheat Oven:
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Mash Bananas:
Peel and mash the ripe bananas in a bowl until smooth. The riper the bananas, the sweeter the cookies will be.

Add Oats:
Add the rolled oats to the mashed bananas. Stir until the oats are well combined with the bananas. The mixture will be thick.

Add Chocolate Chips or Raisins:
Fold in the chocolate chips or raisins into the banana-oat mixture. This will add sweetness and texture to the cookies.

Form Cookies:
Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, shaping them into cookie-sized rounds. You can use a spoon or your hands

Bake:
Bake in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.

Cool:
Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.

Enjoy:
Once cooled, enjoy your simple and tasty banana oat cookies!

These cookies are not only easy to make but also a healthier alternative to traditional cookies, thanks to the natural sweetness of ripe bananas and the wholesome goodness of oats. Feel free to customize the recipe by adding nuts, cinnamon, or other ingredients to suit your taste.

jpeg_1703705535.jpg

Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 22nd, 2023

@Jenna

I haven't tried banana in cookies yet, this sounds so yum though (and easy peasy) heh. Thank you for sharing!🥰

slowdecline48 December 22nd, 2023

Sounds like a good idea.

If you want to thin the batter slightly, what would you add? A little milk or...?

Jenna OP December 22nd, 2023

@slowdecline48

I'm not honestly sure because these are a vegan alternative.

slowdecline48 February 11th

@Jenna Almond milk, then? Or maybe soy milk?... Vegans have options these days!

Jenna OP February 11th

@slowdecline48

Yes, they do. But I never made this recipe with milk or milk alternatives. If you want to make the batter thinner I would suggest adding small amounts of milk at a time until you're comfortable.

TheCuriospher December 23rd, 2023

that sounds so delicious

Greentrees2325 December 23rd, 2023

Thank you so much for sharing!

I live how easy peasy this is, not to mention super healthy too!

Will defo try! 🙏🏻 😋

Jenna OP December 27th, 2023

@Greentrees2325

Let me know what you think when you try them out.

Greentrees2325 January 9th

@Jenna

I've finally made these cookies after waiting for my bananas to ripen today! 🍌 I couldn’t wait and it felt like I was waiting ages as my bananas kept getting eaten up lol so I had to hide 2 bananas in the cupboard 😂.

I have to say, the cookies were amazing!!! 🍪😋

They will now be a staple in our diet! Haha 😜 … so easy to make, healthy and delish! … who says healthy food’s not nice 😏 … my 6 year old said “it’s the best banana cookie ever!” 😄 win win!!!

Thank you so much for sharing! 😀

Jenna OP January 10th

@Greentrees2325

Haha, that is awesome! I'm glad you all enjoyed them and I hope you're able to keep bananas around for when you want to make them.

Greentrees2325 January 10th

@Jenna thank you! 🙏🏻🍪❤️

😁 yes, I’ll be getting extra bananas next time I go to the shops and keep them hidden!

thecurel0ver January 10th

Wow seems delicious, definitely will try. Thanks for posting!

orangeHuman868 January 15th

@Jenna

omg these cookies sound amazing. I am going to try them, thank you for sharing your recipe.

Themaninblackxxx January 15th

@Jenna

Awesome! I'm going to make these. I like there is no sugar added

lovelyButterfly2844 January 16th

@Jenna

Those look really good. I love cooking. I will have to try the new recipe. :)

Summershy January 18th

@Jenna

I will have to try this 

13Lia13 January 18th

@Jenna These sound REALLY good! I love making cookies so I'll totally have to try these!

spongyspongesophie January 20th

@Jenna

This sounds super delicious! I love little cookies sooo much!😍

LunaEstelar92 February 13th

@Jenna Seems delicious!!

Taylorz27 February 19th

@Jenna Thank you for sharing. I am going to have to try this recipe out 😊